Lees goal “celebration”

On 28/11/2018 at 08:32, lincolnowl said:

I thought Lees’ reaction to the goal he scored, in front of a half full Kop, was very telling. 

Very muted, almost reluctant to engage with the fans. And that, in a single moment, sums it all up doesn’t it? 

No passion, no enjoyment,  no hope. 

As for the big lump cupping his ear, he can sod off back to Kosovo. 

Your comments could not be more misplaced if written by Pigpress ltd. You can stick false displays of passion where the sun don't shine! Tom Lees staring out the lousy support showed far more real passion than a dozen bage kissing @rseholescould for what has been happening at Hillsborough lately.

Tom Lees and the rest of the team all showed the god awful disgusting crowd what passion actually means. They supported each other because too many of us could not be @rsed to. Far too many Wednesdayites go to games these days for a good moan and a boo instead of getting behind the team. Good on Tom and good on the rest of the team. they got slagged off so much despite playing well and losing against Derby and guess what? They got slagged off so much more all over again after playing out a bad win against Bolton. In their boots I would think stuff the fans too. We all know who the star players are and which ones struggle, but they all play better when we get behind them and actually cheer them on no matter what. Forget about this happy clapper bolleux (French for rounduns), that is what supporters do. Try listening and watching how the opposition gets behind its side when l**ds etc come to Hillsborough. Try listening to how Rotherham cheer their lads on at Hillsborough or the pigs when they come over in march. Everybody puts us to shame right now, not on the pitch, because many of them are still behind us, but in the stands where people pay their money and just come to have a go at the team because paying gave them that right! To$$ers the lot of you! Yes its rubbish to watch sometimes yes we used to deserve better, but right now, with the level of support we are giving we are getting to see exactly what we deserve.

The rubbish, often foul mouthed criticisms that the fans have dished out at home recently have shocked me and obviously shocked the players. 

The criticisms dished out on a regular basis since we failed to win the play off final have got steadily worse and quite frankly I often feel ashamed to be associated with such people that call themselves Wednesday fans. 

The growing list of hate campaigns against Carlos, Nuhiu, Reach, Fox, Dawson, Tom Lees etc, basically any player that makes mistakes while wearing the shirt or coaching the team, is disgraceful.

I find it so hard to believe that our fans now sit there in silence while players are grafting and doing well for team, never singing a song for players like Reach, Tom Lees, Nuhiu, Joao, etc when they play well, or are scoring and making goals, or stopping them at the other end. Most of these players would be celebrated as heros at most clubs, yet at Hillsborough our own Kop, the ones who are supposed to be the true "fanatical" fans, just sit there. Cheering when we occasionally score, but still not singing until things start going wrong and then actually decide to sing for the players at last. Yes the big brave supportive lads sing for players who are not playing, followed by another round of jeering at players who are having a bad day.

D I S C R A C E F U L !

I can take whatever any other fans care to throw at us, but having to listen to that from our own fans makes me feel physically sick! 

Every time Tom Lees, Reach, Joao, Nuhiu or whoever has been getting stick from the crowd scores or gets applauded these nasty fans seats should light up red. I got talking to one of the lovely lads before the game who actually confessed to me unasked, that he half wanted us to lose to Bolton and lose heavily so that something would be done!

He had actually convinced himself in his own little world that losing to Bolton would spark a chain of events that would result in us suddenly becoming world beaters again in this division with some new, brilliant manager and a team of players that would not include the likes of Fox, Dawson, Nuhiu etc I was shaking my head and walking away at this point. Why do fans not realise how much trouble we are in and that the best way to get out of it is by sticking together and giving the manager and players the freedom to go out and be good at what they are being paid to do?

We do not have the money to pay Jos off and bring in a more expensive manager for starters. What kind of list of saddo managers would we attract for a position where we have spent all our money and will struggle to pay anything else for players until we have got rid of a load of them and with most of them going for nothing, or next to nothing because we paid too much for them in the first place? In three years we accumulated the MAXIMUM amount of debt required to trigger sanctions that banned us from buying or even loaning players. The third year of that debt building was mainly down to wages, so even if this year, year 4, we spend nothing, we still have another big chunk of debt to keep the three year running total above the Maximum allowable ceiling for debt!  

On 28/11/2018 at 08:48, Vaughan said:

The celebration where every single player, bar Dawson,  congratulated him in front of the kop and half a dozen players turned to the crowd and tried to pump them up ? 

That passionlesss , joyless celebration ?

So we've gone from knocking the display (which the 1st half warranted)  to the goal celebrations now ?

On a far more serious note.,.. on Saturday , the Kop ran out of Bovril....  so i had to go without.... Last night ... i asked for a Bovril and a Hot Chocolate....   £5 whcih I paid on contactless..... Guy looked around and said ... oh, we dont have any hot chocolate left....... i wasnt impressed... I said 2 bovrils then......   "We've no Bovril left either" 

So I asked for a refund.... I think i may be the first person to ever ask for a refund there .... not one of them had a clue what to do ..    2nd half kick off was approaching .....  eventually, they had to give me £5 cash ...    Utter shambles everywhere at the moment.

Did you ask what else they didn't have. 

Just so I know for future.,,,

:duntmatter:

3 hours ago, Ante's Bubbly said:

Tom Lees and the rest of the team all showed the god awful disgusting crowd what passion actually means.

Yes good on them for showing those god awful disgusting fans who paid their hard earned money to attend the match what passion actually means.

Good on them for giving it the big one to those god awful disgusting fans who could’ve taken a look out of the window at the weather and stayed in and watched the match on Sky but elected to go down and support the team inspite of some of the awful displays from the side this season.

Fans like these should just stay away.

• Haha 1

Thank you for the winner Tom. Now just ensure the team start turning in regular performances capable of winning football matches. Other than that I'd appreciate it if you could keep your neb out.

Until the players look capable of delivering football that doesn't attract the description of dire, you have no right to tell the fans how they should behave.

Try leading by example. One win in seven is pathetic.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, TrickyTrev said:

Yes good on them for showing those god awful disgusting fans who paid their hard earned money to attend the match what passion actually means.

Good on them for giving it the big one to those god awful disgusting fans who could’ve taken a look out of the window at the weather and stayed in and watched the match on Sky but elected to go down and support the team inspite of some of the awful displays from the side this season.

Fans like these should just stay away.

Hey we are always telling it on here from the fans point of view, aren't footballers human too? They have feelings, mood, tempers and opinions just like we do and our players have been getting poor support at home for a while now. When that support gets nasty and personal as it has on many occasions, the players also have a right to show their passion. 

I would rather see that kind of passion from the players than the nasty unnecessary abuse that too many of our players receive. 

UTO! 

Ive not seen or heard anyone criticising Bannan for geeing the crowd up just before the corner Lees scored from is that no different to what Nuhiu did after the goal?

No because Bannan is not 1 of the fans scapegoats but he must have made 10 simple passes that were misplaced in the first half.

One of the moaners behind us was on Joeys back from the 1st minute & was going crazy every time we passed the ball back to the defence or keeper screaming ffs get it forward.

I think Bolton had a corner & Dawson caught it & took a long kick out of his hands towards Mattias that he didn't control. The moaner started screaming wtf was that keep hold of it so I lost it & asked him what he wants the players to do keep it or get it forward.His reply was well I didn't kick it did I. Some don't have a clue.

He was quiet after that so we had a bit of peace from his crap but he's at it every game same players same abuse.

6 hours ago, dazaston said:

Ive not seen or heard anyone criticising Bannan for geeing the crowd up just before the corner Lees scored from is that no different to what Nuhiu did after the goal?

No because Bannan is not 1 of the fans scapegoats but he must have made 10 simple passes that were misplaced in the first half.

One of the moaners behind us was on Joeys back from the 1st minute & was going crazy every time we passed the ball back to the defence or keeper screaming ffs get it forward.

I think Bolton had a corner & Dawson caught it & took a long kick out of his hands towards Mattias that he didn't control. The moaner started screaming wtf was that keep hold of it so I lost it & asked him what he wants the players to do keep it or get it forward.His reply was well I didn't kick it did I. Some don't have a clue.

He was quiet after that so we had a bit of peace from his crap but he's at it every game same players same abuse.

This is going on all around the ground. It is not a good way to support your team. The managers and players get all the stick for the position we are in now and it is misplaced. The manager arrived in the middle of it all and the players cannot be blamed for not being good enough. The chairman owner wasted too much money on too little talent.

9 hours ago, Ante's Bubbly said:

Hey we are always telling it on here from the fans point of view, aren't footballers human too? They have feelings, mood, tempers and opinions just like we do and our players have been getting poor support at home for a while now. When that support gets nasty and personal as it has on many occasions, the players also have a right to show their passion. 

I would rather see that kind of passion from the players than the nasty unnecessary abuse that too many of our players receive. 

UTO! 

Big difference is those players get paid thousands of pounds a week for some of them to put up with a bit of abuse once a week depending on how badly they are playing.

The fans on the other hand pay some of the highest ticket prices in the league to watch the garbage being served up week in week out. 

There’s a world of difference.

Although the Westwood chants and booing of Fox was moronic I think considering the ridiculously high ticket prices we pay to watch Wednesday these days, those fans have a right to feel short changed.

Fans don’t go to a football match to get on the teams back, we all want the same thing which is a successful Sheffield Wednesday side but they will react to week upon week of crap performances.

Footballers are very happy to take the praise when things are going well, they should be able to take the criticism when things aren’t going so well.

11 minutes ago, TrickyTrev said:

Big difference is those players get paid thousands of pounds a week for some of them to put up with a bit of abuse once a week depending on how badly they are playing.

The fans on the other hand pay some of the highest ticket prices in the league to watch the garbage being served up week in week out. 

There’s a world of difference.

Although the Westwood chants and booing of Fox was moronic I think considering the ridiculously high ticket prices we pay to watch Wednesday these days, those fans have a right to feel short changed.

Fans don’t go to a football match to get on the teams back, we all want the same thing which is a successful Sheffield Wednesday side but they will react to week upon week of crap performances.

Footballers are very happy to take the praise when things are going well, they should be able to take the criticism when things aren’t going so well.

Tricky are you telling me to ignore what I have seen and heard at the ground? You may sit or stand in a small oasis of love and support for the team, but where I sit, I have heard shouting and jeering from fans and sections of fans very early on in games, which sounds more like hatred to me mate. They could not possibly have become so hateful so quickly, they arrived with their hatred and they are just waiting to  vent it. There"fans" who hate or have hated Nuhiu, Jos, Fox, Dawson, Reach for a while now and will tell you so, without any feeling of shame.  As I discovered some "fans" will be there before a ball has even been kicked, happy to tell you that they half hope we get thrashed, so that Chansiri is forced to get rid of our  manager. 

Being upset about being ripped off at every turn by an owner/chairman who pays over the odds for players and/or pays them far more than they are worth, does not give anybody justification for turning up and slating players from the start, while they are battling to get a result. The less experience, ability and confidence the players have, the more encouragement they need. Younger players get paid far less than the big wage earners and know that they still may have to find other employment or drop further down the scale if things do not work out. They have never heard many fans as they have gone up through the junior levels, mainly coaches and parents shouting encouragement from the sidelines, or respect barrier. There is no respect barrier at Hillsborough, or any other first team grounds, so the young players hear all the abuse and hatred when it comes down from the stands and it does not matter whether it is aimed at them. It spurs some players on more when it is the opposition, but has a very different effect when it is your own fans doing it. Players like Penney, Fox and plenty of others, have become more and more indecisive and have made more and more mistakes, bad judgements etc. If the crowd carry on having a go at the players you and plenty of others say it is their right to be heard.

Well we have all heard what they think, we could possibly read what they think on twitter, Facebook, forums etc too if anybody really wants to but the actual supporters, players and manager just want to be able to get on with it now and do not need that kind of "support". Have your opinions by all means but please don't encourage others to carry on these campaigns of hatred because they do not help. 

Nuhiu didn't go on a goal scoring spree last season because he suddenly became a different player. He did it because the manager and fans showed faith in him because he was our only hope! Everybody including a lot of his critics (even the vocal Nuhiu slaters near me), begrudgingly got behind him (it didn't last they are at it again now) and he kept coming up with the goods. 

We need try and get the players believing in themselves, they need to get us believing in them. It's a two way thing. The team played some good football against Derby and lost, then played some awful football against Bolton and won, yet got booked, needed at and criticised for both.

Hopefully the away crowd will get them on today. We can't make it, but may get to listen to the second half. I hope I tune in to hear the kind of support we used to be famous for, because the recent support, particularly at home has been league 2.

1 hour ago, Ante's Bubbly said:

Tricky are you telling me to ignore what I have seen and heard at the ground? You may sit or stand in a small oasis of love and support for the team, but where I sit, I have heard shouting and jeering from fans and sections of fans very early on in games, which sounds more like hatred to me mate. They could not possibly have become so hateful so quickly, they arrived with their hatred and they are just waiting to  vent it. There"fans" who hate or have hated Nuhiu, Jos, Fox, Dawson, Reach for a while now and will tell you so, without any feeling of shame.  As I discovered some "fans" will be there before a ball has even been kicked, happy to tell you that they half hope we get thrashed, so that Chansiri is forced to get rid of our  manager. 

Being upset about being ripped off at every turn by an owner/chairman who pays over the odds for players and/or pays them far more than they are worth, does not give anybody justification for turning up and slating players from the start, while they are battling to get a result. The less experience, ability and confidence the players have, the more encouragement they need. Younger players get paid far less than the big wage earners and know that they still may have to find other employment or drop further down the scale if things do not work out. They have never heard many fans as they have gone up through the junior levels, mainly coaches and parents shouting encouragement from the sidelines, or respect barrier. There is no respect barrier at Hillsborough, or any other first team grounds, so the young players hear all the abuse and hatred when it comes down from the stands and it does not matter whether it is aimed at them. It spurs some players on more when it is the opposition, but has a very different effect when it is your own fans doing it. Players like Penney, Fox and plenty of others, have become more and more indecisive and have made more and more mistakes, bad judgements etc. If the crowd carry on having a go at the players you and plenty of others say it is their right to be heard.

Well we have all heard what they think, we could possibly read what they think on twitter, Facebook, forums etc too if anybody really wants to but the actual supporters, players and manager just want to be able to get on with it now and do not need that kind of "support". Have your opinions by all means but please don't encourage others to carry on these campaigns of hatred because they do not help. 

Nuhiu didn't go on a goal scoring spree last season because he suddenly became a different player. He did it because the manager and fans showed faith in him because he was our only hope! Everybody including a lot of his critics (even the vocal Nuhiu slaters near me), begrudgingly got behind him (it didn't last they are at it again now) and he kept coming up with the goods. 

We need try and get the players believing in themselves, they need to get us believing in them. It's a two way thing. The team played some good football against Derby and lost, then played some awful football against Bolton and won, yet got booked, needed at and criticised for both.

Hopefully the away crowd will get them on today. We can't make it, but may get to listen to the second half. I hope I tune in to hear the kind of support we used to be famous for, because the recent support, particularly at home has been league 2.

I think we’ll agree to disagree.

You think our fans are “good awful” and “disgusting”, I don’t.

On 28/11/2018 at 09:16, gypsyowl said:

Yeah he is an embarassment, last season he showed what he could do & some could argue his goals kept us up, he was fantastic

This season he's been a complete joke, not interested, little effort, offered little to nothing apart from 1 goal at Wigan, wouldn't get in any time I pick

If so, strange - he's signed a new contract recently.  As boring as Brexit...

Guest Theboylangers
4 minutes ago, theowlsman said:

Would anyone like to add a message for Tom andthe players?

I would but the swear filter would end up with me calling them all cheeky monkeys

On 01/12/2018 at 12:46, TrickyTrev said:

I think we’ll agree to disagree.

You think our fans are “good awful” and “disgusting”, I don’t.

Unlike you mate, I am not on here to write any old rubbish to fish for likes and thumbs up from fellow fans by misquoting other fellow fans.

WTF:You know you've lost the argument when you misquote, or quote somebody totally out of context!

I think our fans on the whole are brilliant, especially considering that we have put up with some real rubbish for the past twenty years or so and I after all  am one of them. A lot of us also put up with a load of rubbish before Big Jack started to turn things around too, so in my lifetime of support, so far, the 20 year period from the end of the 70's to the end of the 90's, have been the only true glory days. 

As I know you understand, I am only criticising the fans who turn up intent on criticising the players, doing it without encouraging the players and supporting them firt and foremost. Just like I actually said in my post. The one I wrote, not the fictional one you are pretending to disagree with. Are you feeling a bit ashamed of yourself, or is that too much to ask of somebody who likes to twist words?

lol

1 hour ago, Ante's Bubbly said:

Unlike you mate, I am not on here to write any old rubbish to fish for likes and thumbs up from fellow fans by misquoting other fellow fans.

WTF:You know you've lost the argument when you misquote, or quote somebody totally out of context!

I think our fans on the whole are brilliant, especially considering that we have put up with some real rubbish for the past twenty years or so and I after all  am one of them. A lot of us also put up with a load of rubbish before Big Jack started to turn things around too, so in my lifetime of support, so far, the 20 year period from the end of the 70's to the end of the 90's, have been the only true glory days. 

As I know you understand, I am only criticising the fans who turn up intent on criticising the players, doing it without encouraging the players and supporting them firt and foremost. Just like I actually said in my post. The one I wrote, not the fictional one you are pretending to disagree with. Are you feeling a bit ashamed of yourself, or is that too much to ask of somebody who likes to twist words?

lol

You described the fans as being god awful and disgusting, they’re your words not mine.

I also quoted you in my responses so anybody can see the history of our conversation.

As for your comment on me being on here to write any old rubbish and fish for likes and thumbs ups from my fellow fans, I would advise you to debate the post not the poster.

Thanks.

I agree that our fans have been patient for years. Like I said earlier, more than twenty years of patience with Chairmen who have spent way too much on players wages and sometimes spent way too much on players, without really getting behind the managers of the club and letting THEM manage the players and the areas of the club management that affects the team. We have definitely been very very patient with them and given the a free reign to keep on doing it.

The nasty criticism and hatred towards several of our players, early on in games and sprinkled all around the ground from certain fans and sections of fans though is not a good way to support your team though really is it? Sorry mate but our wonderful, usually honest and supportive fans have been quiet for a long time now and let's ALL be totally honest about this, a good number of fans have been much quieter since we failed at Wembley wouldn't you say? We were all still arguing on here the season after, many trying to get fans back behind Carlos while he struggled to get the most out of a bunch of players who were struggling themselves for form, and struggling for fitness, with many of them losing those struggles altogether. Yet fans were having a go at the manager and players so badly on social media and at some of the games, that the head coach and players stopped using social media. On the terraces, the atmosphere was nothing like the season before and despite saying we would never reach the playoffs, everybody then wanted to turn up at Hillsborough and support the team when they had a chance of getting to the finals again. 

Fair weather fans are easy to come by, but Wednesdayites have always, ALWAYS stuck by their team through thick and thin, yet the knives were out all season for Carlos and some of the players, which very quickly came out again after we lost only after extra time and penalties, to a team far fitter than we were and the knives have been kept sharp ever since.

I said like several others, soon after losing the game at Wembley, that something powerful died that day. We stood, bounced stuff around and sang our hearts out, while Hull fans sat down, in silence and watched their team score a worldy goal and become fair weather fans, by suddenly waking up for ten minutes and making some noise, before going back to sleep.

A lot of that hope that had been growing over the long years away from the prem and a lot of that love for Carlos seemed to evaporate, followed by another big chunk after the Huddersfield game. We cannot blame Jos, the new young players or, the old players who are still battling to get us points for not being good enough. They do try and they do want the same as us, but when enough of our own fans are so hateful towards some of our players the whole team feels it. The injustice and the criticism is shared throughout the team and anybody that has ever played at any level, knows that the support must always come fist and the criticism afterwards. The players have got to be encouraged and given the chance to make up for what has gone before.Like I said before, the younger players especially, but every player to some extent or other, feels the criticisms and hatred, whether it is aimed at them or not. 

If fans really want to have a go and have a go for all the money that has been wasted and spent watching poor levels of football, they should man up and have a go at the one person who really can change it and criticism him for wasting all that money. Also for lying to us and getting us to waste more of our money this season, when he knew that this season would be an even bigger waste of money than last season and next season might yet be an even bigger waste of our money than this. If people want to influence what is happening and really want to have a go at the man who is actually responsible, rather than just his appointed scapegoat "manager" (not head coach, oh no this one has the authority to take responsibility for all the signings he has made in the ywo transfer windows since he arrived, how kind) who has his hands tied behind his back feel hated, before getting the sack. Not to mention the group of young lads who have been brought in for first team experience in front of a ground full of "supporters". They are all easy targets aren't they compared to having a go at the bloke who actually brought us here? Are we still thanking him for letting us watch him spend some of his and all of our money, or are some of us wishing that he had brought in less players, for the same or a little less money, but with a bit more talent?