Lees goal “celebration”

I thought Lees’ reaction to the goal he scored, in front of a half full Kop, was very telling. 

Very muted, almost reluctant to engage with the fans. And that, in a single moment, sums it all up doesn’t it? 

No passion, no enjoyment,  no hope. 

As for the big lump cupping his ear, he can sod off back to Kosovo. 

• Haha 2

16 minutes ago, lincolnowl said:

I thought Lees’ reaction to the goal he scored, in front of a half full Kop, was very telling. 

Very muted, almost reluctant to engage with the fans. And that, in a single moment, sums it all up doesn’t it? 

No passion, no enjoyment,  no hope. 

As for the big lump cupping his ear, he can sod off back to Kosovo. 

did he actually do that? he's an embarrassment 

3 minutes ago, gypsyowl said:

did he actually do that? he's an embarrassment 

He did ...  but not in the way the OP has suggested...

He did it as a way of saying "get behind us.... we cant hear you" ... that sort of thing... then moved his hands to say "be louder"    Not really embarrassing..    but hey..... lets have a go at him .

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Vaughan said:

He did ...  but not in the way the OP has suggested...

He did it as a way of saying "get behind us.... we cant hear you" ... that sort of thing... then moved his hands to say "be louder"    Not really embarrassing..    but hey..... lets have a go at him .

Yeah he is an embarassment, last season he showed what he could do & some could argue his goals kept us up, he was fantastic

This season he's been a complete joke, not interested, little effort, offered little to nothing apart from 1 goal at Wigan, wouldn't get in any time I pick

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, gypsyowl said:

Yeah he is an embarassment, last season he showed what he could do & some could argue his goals kept us up, he was fantastic

This season he's been a complete joke, not interested, little effort, offered little to nothing apart from 1 goal at Wigan, wouldn't get in any time I pick

might as well throw some others in because they've been horrific this season ...

1 hour ago, roundhayowl said:

Yep the one who was far more effective (and usually is) than Fletcher. The one that linked up nicely once we actually played our better players and we started playing it in to his feet. I can;t believe how prejudiced Wednesday fans are against him. 

He awful spent more time falling over than anything else.

23 minutes ago, gypsyowl said:

He was by no means the worst of our players last night.

Thornily excepted they were all bad.

Our League 1 promotion team containing real leaders, Semedo, Llera and the Johnson’s 

would have murdered both those teams last night. It was that bad.

19 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

I thought Nuhiu’s celebration was a sly dig at the fans. Funny I saw on my Instagram feed a post he liked about fans not knowing anything about football. 

He’s been dire all season and needs to grow up a bit. Very fortunate he’s playing football on good money at this level.

And for how long now.....almost 6 years in the summer, any other team would have binned him years ago.

56 minutes ago, Vaughan said:

The celebration where every single player, bar Dawson,  congratulated him in front of the kop and half a dozen players turned to the crowd and tried to pump them up ? 

That passionlesss , joyless celebration ?

So we've gone from knocking the display (which the 1st half warranted)  to the goal celebrations now ?

On a far more serious note.,.. on Saturday , the Kop ran out of Bovril....  so i had to go without.... Last night ... i asked for a Bovril and a Hot Chocolate....   £5 whcih I paid on contactless..... Guy looked around and said ... oh, we dont have any hot chocolate left....... i wasnt impressed... I said 2 bovrils then......   "We've no Bovril left either.”

So I asked for a refund.... I think i may be the first person to ever ask for a refund there .... not one of them had a clue what to do ..    2nd half kick off was approaching .....  eventually, they had to give me £5 cash ...    Utter shambles everywhere at the moment.

Hope you shouted at your mate “They’ve got no cowin’ Bovril”.

If you are under 50 this is wasted on you.

• Haha 2

The thing is we saw last time when he wants to make a point there is a player in Nuihu last night when he came on he played well and showed some fight but we see this 1 in 5 games from him. He is back to scoring 1 in 6 or 7 not 1 in 3 that he was doing last season.

The only thing that has changed from his season to last is he is not playing for a new contract, maybe giving him a new 2 year deal was a mistake and instead we should have incentivised him with a rolling 1 year deal as long as he scored x number of goals but if we did this there would be other I would have done this too first.

I will take the win be a bit happy and move on to Blackburn but if we play like last night at Blackburn they won't roll over like Bolton did.

Seemed to me to be a bit players -V - fans. 

Which in a way I can understand. 

Social media has been awash for months with negativity  (I'm not calling out the fans here by the way, there's a lot to be miserable about) 

The players cant come wading into debates telling us what is true and what is boĺlocks at the club . But they will all be aware of what is being said, true or otherwise. They'll know who is being accused of playing for a deal. Who is routinely called out for being shìte.  Who allegedly has a bad attitude.   

On top of that they aren't playing well. Haven't been winning games , the ground has been like a morgue and no one, fans, players, manager is having a good season.  

They scored a goal and it seemed to me (only my opinion I'm not stating as fact) that there was actually a showing of togetherness from the players. Well good I say. 

If they use the (rightly) mumping fanbase as a totem to create a siege mentality amongst their group- then good. I'm all for it. You use whatever tools you can in our current situation on the park to create a togetherness.

It would be nice if that included fans. If it doesn't.  Then so be it if it helps fire them to get enough results to claw us back up the table to safety.

4 minutes ago, room0035 said:

The thing is we saw last time when he wants to make a point there is a player in Nuihu last night when he came on he played well and showed some fight but we see this 1 in 5 games from him. He is back to scoring 1 in 6 or 7 not 1 in 3 that he was doing last season.

The only thing that has changed from his season to last is he is not playing for a new contract, maybe giving him a new 2 year deal was a mistake and instead we should have incentivised him with a rolling 1 year deal as long as he scored x number of goals but if we did this there would be other I would have done this too first.

I will take the win be a bit happy and move on to Blackburn but if we play like last night at Blackburn they won't roll over like Bolton did.

Fight? He was ambling around the pitch again. There was one point a lovely through ball got played on to him, he gave up raised his head and the keeper collected it. I know he’s painfully slow but he showed no desire to get onto the end of it.

You could never fault his effort, but this season he’s showing none at all. And has the cheek to have a dig at the fans for being quiet. 

Wednesday fans to happy settling for mediocrity. He’s never been good enough yet we still pay him handsomely.

1 hour ago, roundhayowl said:

Yep the one who was far more effective (and usually is) than Fletcher. The one that linked up nicely once we actually played our better players and we started playing it in to his feet. I can;t believe how prejudiced Wednesday fans are against him. 

whilst tbh you have to admit he's been a shadow of late last season 

said before on here some people refuse to see any positives once rutted in a stance they've taken  if he scored an hatrick  it would be 'yeah but he missed a couple more'