Lees goal “celebration”

6 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

There was one point a lovely through ball got played on to him, he gave up raised his head and the keeper collected it. I know he’s painfully slow but he showed no desire to get onto the end of it.

I am all for criticising him where its due,  but i remember that clearly .. he had no chance of reaching it.....

I thought the team improved with Nuhiu last night ..... he played reasonably well comparatively speaking. 

I would have brought on Joao instead of Nuhiu but the managers decision was justified.

17 minutes ago, room0035 said:

The thing is we saw last time when he wants to make a point there is a player in Nuihu last night when he came on he played well and showed some fight but we see this 1 in 5 games from him. He is back to scoring 1 in 6 or 7 

In your dreams....try 1 in 16 or 17

It was bang in front of us. Lees had the look of a man who was going to give it the finger to the lips but bottled it. 

Nuhiu was stupid giving it the cupped ear too. But he wasn’t the only one.

I’ve never felt more disconnected from a set of players than in that moment last night. And looking around me alot of people were feeling the same. Their reaction genuinely came across like that one goal should’ve made up for the previous two months of dross. Some of them looked annoyed that the fans had not gone absolutely insane. 

After that I’m questioning whether the players actually appreciate how serious of a position they’re in. It reeked of the attitude when we went down from the Championship last time for me. 

• Thanks 1

It’s gone all ‘Nuhiu thread’. 

Basically, the players are low on confidence and want backing. That’s fair. 

We want to not be losing every week. That’s fair. 

1 goal scored was good, but we probably weren’t getting carried away considering the amount we’ve been conceding. 

Anyhow, we won. Let’s all be friends - on to the next game. 

2 hours ago, Vaughan said:

The celebration where every single player, bar Dawson,  congratulated him in front of the kop and half a dozen players turned to the crowd and tried to pump them up ? 

That passionlesss , joyless celebration ?

So we've gone from knocking the display (which the 1st half warranted)  to the goal celebrations now ?

Funny how people see things differently, I saw it the same as you. Matias waving hands at the crowd to try jeer us up, Fessi getting right in Lees face screaming, all players running to the corner, Fessi getting pats

Don't understand why our fans always try to look for something that isn't there. There is plenty of other stuff that can be criticised atm

22 minutes ago, NeonLeon said:

It was bang in front of us. Lees had the look of a man who was going to give it the finger to the lips but bottled it. 

Nuhiu was stupid giving it the cupped ear too. But he wasn’t the only one.

I’ve never felt more disconnected from a set of players than in that moment last night. And looking around me alot of people were feeling the same. Their reaction genuinely came across like that one goal should’ve made up for the previous two months of dross. Some of them looked annoyed that the fans had not gone absolutely insane. 

After that I’m questioning whether the players actually appreciate how serious of a position they’re in. It reeked of the attitude when we went down from the Championship last time for me. 

Totally agree.  Yet players who show passion and commitment such as Hutchinson are left out when we need them most. 

2 hours ago, Not Jon Newsome said:

Because our fans are fickle, embarrassing and cringeworthy. If I was Adam Reach I'd have never engaged with our fans again. 

no... just hacked off with a team from top to bottom that doesn't give a phook yet get paid thousands per week.

Do sod all get paid thousands... all the bloody footballers are spoon fed and wouldn't know a hard days work if it smacked em in the face.

Edited by quinnssweetshop

1 hour ago, Vaughan said:

I am all for criticising him where its due,  but i remember that clearly .. he had no chance of reaching it.....

I thought the team improved with Nuhiu last night ..... he played reasonably well comparatively speaking. 

I would have brought on Joao instead of Nuhiu but the managers decision was justified.

Terrible in the first half but he was part of the second half improvement I thought.

We have the best set of knowledgeable football fans in the county, who turn out week by week in their hoards, and don't like being criticised when a player puts his hand to his ear, seemingly to imply that the cheering wasn't very loud.

Face facts. We have one of the most fickle fan bases in the country. They may turn up regularly,and criticise the club, the staff, the team, the way we play, the choice of team/formation, the lack of Bovril, but let a player intimate that he can't hear the cheers, and he's crap. Nuff said.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Vaughan said:

He did ...  but not in the way the OP has suggested...

He did it as a way of saying "get behind us.... we cant hear you" ... that sort of thing... then moved his hands to say "be louder"    Not really embarrassing..    but hey..... lets have a go at him .

I agree. He was trying to lift the crowd.

3 hours ago, roundhayowl said:

Yep the one who was far more effective (and usually is) than Fletcher. The one that linked up nicely once we actually played our better players and we started playing it in to his feet. I can;t believe how prejudiced Wednesday fans are against him. 

I think to say hes usually more effective than Fletcher is totally wrong. IMO of course. 

That's not a criticism of him by the way, the fact he got back in the Scotland side suggests he's been fairly effective recently, in what is an absolutely appalling team. 

This club needs a bit of happiness back. 

I don’t want to blame him but, the manager is uninspiring. Give me some bull poo crazy Carlos quote we can laugh at (for 12 or so months) over this. He’d at least be waving his arms at the fans to back the team - the best we’ve got is Bullen with some instructions. 

Jos is sat down.

The fans are sat down.

Chansiri may or may not be sat down somewhere, was he there? 

It’s not afternoon tea.

We want to be up the league. 

3 hours ago, lincolnowl said:

I thought Lees’ reaction to the goal he scored, in front of a half full Kop, was very telling. 

Very muted, almost reluctant to engage with the fans. And that, in a single moment, sums it all up doesn’t it? 

No passion, no enjoyment,  no hope. 

As for the big lump cupping his ear, he can sod off back to Kosovo. 

I said in another thread he looked pissed off.

It was quiet. I didn't realise we'd scored. 

Although your comment "No passion, no enjoyment,  no hope" could equally be applied to our fans.

Then again few of our fans are on over 10k a week.

I think we're all jaded and done with the way our club has been run.

3 hours ago, roundhayowl said:

Yep the one who was far more effective (and usually is) than Fletcher. The one that linked up nicely once we actually played our better players and we started playing it in to his feet. I can;t believe how prejudiced Wednesday fans are against him. 

Prejudice? He’s absolutely crap mate. And to cup his ear at fans who paid through the nose to watch their team?