Lees goal “celebration”

37 minutes ago, TrickyTrev said:

You described the fans as being god awful and disgusting, they’re your words not mine.

I also quoted you in my responses so anybody can see the history of our conversation.

As for your comment on me being on here to write any old rubbish and fish for likes and thumbs ups from my fellow fans, I would advise you to debate the post not the poster.

Thanks.

No I didn't. I would never criticise the fans, because fans support our club, but the crowd that Lees stared out after scoring and the support generally, which has had far too much negativity lately, was my reply to the post. Constantly slagging off young players, from early on in games after the very first mistake and many of us know this is true, as Tom Lees has said in the press recently, is in my opinion disgusting mate. The levels of hate are unjustified and must surely be born of something a bit more sinister than over expensive tickets, because trust me Tricky, the young players and even the older ones who are on a lot more money, have got no control over that. That is purely down to one man.

To you the poster who says that I think "the fans are good awful (whatever that means :biggrin:) and disgusting", I say, stick to commenting on the post mate not what you suggest I might be thinking. I think the fans should all turn up and support the team more positively, so that our captain can cheer and clap the crowd he stared out, when he next scores a vital goal, for getting behind the team rather than for slagging off young players who are doing their best to get results despite their lack of high wages and experience, which some people insinuate and actually state, as a perfectly good reason to air their growing hatred towards certain players.

I think the fans should turn up and support the players, you think the fans (in your own words), "should just stay away", but either way, I think you will find that my explanation of Tom Lees celebration, ie the post that we are supposed to be commenting on, is not that far from the truth. Why do you thin he reacted the way he did, because that is the actual post being discussed isnt it? 

Just as an aside to all this, when Tom gave his steely eyed stare after scoring, I am certain that pretty much all the fans who had been supporting the team just carried on celebrating without feeling a hint of guilt, whereas all those who had read what Tom had to say pre-match and knew they were guilty, probably felt a bit...  guilty?

2 hours ago, Ante's Bubbly said:

No I didn't. I would never criticise the fans, because fans support our club, but the crowd that Lees stared out after scoring and the support generally, which has had far too much negativity lately, was my reply to the post. Constantly slagging off young players, from early on in games after the very first mistake and many of us know this is true, as Tom Lees has said in the press recently, is in my opinion disgusting mate. The levels of hate are unjustified and must surely be born of something a bit more sinister than over expensive tickets, because trust me Tricky, the young players and even the older ones who are on a lot more money, have got no control over that. That is purely down to one man.

To you the poster who says that I think "the fans are good awful (whatever that means :biggrin:) and disgusting", I say, stick to commenting on the post mate not what you suggest I might be thinking. I think the fans should all turn up and support the team more positively, so that our captain can cheer and clap the crowd he stared out, when he next scores a vital goal, for getting behind the team rather than for slagging off young players who are doing their best to get results despite their lack of high wages and experience, which some people insinuate and actually state, as a perfectly good reason to air their growing hatred towards certain players.

I think the fans should turn up and support the players, you think the fans (in your own words), "should just stay away", but either way, I think you will find that my explanation of Tom Lees celebration, ie the post that we are supposed to be commenting on, is not that far from the truth. Why do you thin he reacted the way he did, because that is the actual post being discussed isnt it? 

You would never criticise the fans...

‘You can stick false displays of passion where the sun don't shine! Tom Lees staring out the lousy support showed far more real passion than a dozen bage kissing @rseholescould for what has been happening at Hillsborough lately.

Tom Lees and the rest of the team all showed the god awful disgusting crowd what passion actually means.’

My apologies, I had no idea the above was a compliment. lol

• Haha 3

20 hours ago, TrickyTrev said:

You would never criticise the fans...

‘You can stick false displays of passion where the sun don't shine! Tom Lees staring out the lousy support showed far more real passion than a dozen bage kissing @rseholescould for what has been happening at Hillsborough lately.

Tom Lees and the rest of the team all showed the god awful disgusting crowd what passion actually means.’

My apologies, I had no idea the above was a compliment. lol

My god the world has gone mad, have we really gone from always looking on the bright side, to this!

:duntmatter:

Does fan mean vocal, vulgar hateful, critic mmmm... not according to the Collins English Dictionary. Pretty much the opposite  really.

lol Fans!  :tango:  Fans! :luhukay:  Fans!garymegson

1. countable noun [usually noun NOUN]
If you are a fan of someone or something, especially a famous person or a sport, you like them very much and are very interested in them.
They are both ardent Elvis fans.
As a boy he was a Manchester United fan.
I am a great fan of rave music. [+ of]
Synonyms: supporter, lover, follower, enthusiast

Antonyms and Near Antonyms of fan

:ghoulguy:

2 hours ago, Ante's Bubbly said:

My god the world has gone mad, have we really gone from always looking on the bright side, to this!

:duntmatter:

Does fan mean vocal, vulgar hateful, critic mmmm... not according to the Collins English Dictionary. Pretty much the opposite  really.

lol Fans!  :tango:  Fans! :luhukay:  Fans!garymegson

1. countable noun [usually noun NOUN]
If you are a fan of someone or something, especially a famous person or a sport, you like them very much and are very interested in them.
They are both ardent Elvis fans.
As a boy he was a Manchester United fan.
I am a great fan of rave music. [+ of]
Synonyms: supporter, lover, follower, enthusiast

Antonyms and Near Antonyms of fan

:ghoulguy:

You said I was being selective with my quote of you and that you would never criticise Wednesday fans.

I provided the full quote so Fans could make up their own minds on whether I was being selective or not, doesn’t look like I am though, you didn’t start the quote off stating you were talking about a select group of fans, you just described the crowd at the Bolton match as being god awful and disgusting... your words not mine.

And now you go off on some tangent about the definition of a fan which isn’t really relevant with regards to your quote but hey, whatever.

As I say, we are not likely to agree so let’s just agree to disagree, you think the crowd that attended the Bolton match were god awful and disgusting and I don’t.

Thats fair enough pal.