Lees goal “celebration”

3 hours ago, matthefish2002 said:

Cant remember what the players goal celebrations were last night but thought the crowds were very muted.

Think some round me on the North Stand didn't even stand up.

Apathy rules a bit at the moment sadly.

No standing up, that's outrageous, somebody needs to be held account. 

lol

Edited by daleblue
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, steelowl said:

whilst tbh you have to admit he's been a shadow of late last season 

said before on here some people refuse to see any positives once rutted in a stance they've taken  if he scored an hatrick  it would be 'yeah but he missed a couple more' 

If any Wednesday player scored a hat trick it would be greeted by deathly silence .........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................We'd all have fainted.

• Haha 4

3 hours ago, helmut_rooster said:

He awful spent more time falling over than anything else.

Thought he was great once he got going. Once Joao was on him, Joao and Nando were playing nice little passing moves. And then there was that slide tackle... and i usually think hes a waste of space. 

Players in a side lacking confidence often still genuinely think that they are trying hard. Lack of confidence is not necessarily lack of effort.

Folks in the crowd see missed tackles, wayward passing and inhibited performances. The crowd interpret this as lack of effort.

5 hours ago, roundhayowl said:

Yep the one who was far more effective (and usually is) than Fletcher. The one that linked up nicely once we actually played our better players and we started playing it in to his feet. I can;t believe how prejudiced Wednesday fans are against him. 

So you have been happy with his performances then ? What happens when it’s not played to his feet and  “ better “ players aren’t playing !!!!

Guest LittleG
2 hours ago, Buxtongent said:

We have the best set of knowledgeable football fans in the county, who turn out week by week in their hoards, and don't like being criticised when a player puts his hand to his ear, seemingly to imply that the cheering wasn't very loud.

Face facts. We have one of the most fickle fan bases in the country. They may turn up regularly,and criticise the club, the staff, the team, the way we play, the choice of team/formation, the lack of Bovril, but let a player intimate that he can't hear the cheers, and he's crap. Nuff said.

All clubs have their share of fickle fans; it's not just restricted to Wednesday. Football will always cause such issues because of the passion involved in supporting your club. Don't for one minute think that Wednesday fans are any worse than any other teams fans.

Nuhiu played like a £10m striker at the end of last season as his contract ran towards its conclusion.

He was rewarded with a new 2 year deal and since the day he signed that deal has been absolutely abysmal, as bad as I’ve ever seen him during his long and disappointing time at Hillsborough.

Wednesday fans currently pay some of the highest ticket prices outside the top flight (early bird season tickets on the South are £640) so when they see a player who before his new contract looked a top player and after his new contract looks distinctly s**t you can forgive them for feeling slightly aggrieved.

For fans to then go to Hillsborough last night in the bad weather to watch what was an abysmal nights “entertainment” when they could’ve just as easily have sat at home and watched it, only to get this useless lump giving it the big one to the very fans that help pay his wages will do nothing but p1$s fans off even more.

He’s a joke of a footballer.

5 hours ago, lincolnowl said:

I thought Lees’ reaction to the goal he scored, in front of a half full Kop, was very telling. 

Very muted, almost reluctant to engage with the fans. And that, in a single moment, sums it all up doesn’t it? 

No passion, no enjoyment,  no hope. 

As for the big lump cupping his ear, he can sod off back to Kosovo. 

wish he would pi55 off back to Kosovo

To be fair I don’t mind it when players give a bit back. They get plenty of stick so if they feel annoyed or upset by comments by all means show it.

But always remember that without the fans you wouldn’t be in such the priveleged position you are in. Particularly Atdhe Nuhiu who has been here six years and has scored 31 League goals.

5 hours ago, SallyCinnamon said:

I thought Nuhiu’s celebration was a sly dig at the fans. Funny I saw on my Instagram feed a post he liked about fans not knowing anything about football. 

He’s been dire all season and needs to grow up a bit. Very fortunate he’s playing football on good money at this level.

Send him back to Kosovo. Reyt shitholio 

3 hours ago, Not Jon Newsome said:

Fans love giving it out but can't handle getting some back, hypocritical and fickle. 

And why should they take it ?  They do their job. The fans do what is asked of them

stop tree hugging

The Fans

THEY PAY
THEY TRAVEL
THEY FORGOE
THEY CRINGE
THEY CHEER

The players

All we ask is that the players put a shift in. The same way that we do.

Not amble around like they don't want to be there and take the cash for phook all.

whats it matter if the players interact with the fans or not? …..it's all false as they probably don't give a fig about us as we don't about them.players who are playing poorly get pelters from fans so it cant be a surprise if  the players think feck em we'll just celebrate among ourselves …..all we want from them is to win games whether or not they blow us  kisses shoudnt be a concern ………. 

6 hours ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Fight? He was ambling around the pitch again. There was one point a lovely through ball got played on to him, he gave up raised his head and the keeper collected it. I know he’s painfully slow but he showed no desire to get onto the end of it.

You could never fault his effort, but this season he’s showing none at all. And has the cheek to have a dig at the fans for being quiet. 

Wednesday fans to happy settling for mediocrity. He’s never been good enough yet we still pay him handsomely.

Jamie Vardy might have got to that ball. 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, torryowl said:

whats it matter if the players interact with the fans or not? …..it's all false as they probably don't give a fig about us as we don't about them.players who are playing poorly get pelters from fans so it cant be a surprise if  the players think feck em we'll just celebrate among ourselves …..all we want from them is to win games whether or not they blow us  kisses shoudnt be a concern ………. 

Exactly....

Fans get very precious at times....You can sing "Die die piggy" or whatever..no doubt when the player scores then gives you some back....every f.ooker is up in arms...

Players get the same though...

Nuhiu cupping his hand to his ear...Yea fair enough mate...

You pay £30 to watch me rumble about like a f.ookin' idiot for match after match in the p*ssin' down rain...Its all relative...I don't care..no doubt neither does he...so simply roll with it.

Some players are better at it than others....

Take bannan, not his best game last night, but win , lose or draw the bloke walks around the pitch applauding the fans EVERY game..I appreciate that...he may well be callin' us all the names under sun..under his breath...but its an outward show of respect, and thats fair enough....

No bugger has ever worked out whether the crowd should get the team going, or the other way around..The simple answer is...Who is getting paid for it..and who is paying....So Adthe..or whoever the f.ook...Just do yer bleedin' job...and the cheers will follow as sure as night follows day