On standby as we speak

Guest Hillsborough Mole

Just now, Birley Owl 1867 said:

He'd have worked twice as hard to take us up to wee wee McCabe off.

He'd have loved being both the hero and villain of both sides of Sheffield.

Nah don't see it - Its like having Sean Bean in charge at Hillsborough the guy would have set up back further than 5 years of DC in charge.

He would have alienated half the fan base and the only thing that is stopping our club dropping like a stone down the league is the fans.

8 minutes ago, room0035 said:

I personally as stated would go for Paul Cook at Wigan - looking at his cv he could be a perfect fit for us

From Wikipedia which I know is not the best

Chesterfield[edit]

On 25 October 2012 he joined League Two rivals Chesterfield on a two-and-a-half-year contract, taking over from Tommy Wright, who had been in charge of the Derbyshire club on a caretaker basis following the departure of John Sheridan two months earlier.[7] The end of his first season saw him guide Chesterfield to eighth position finishing just two points outside the play-off zone.[8] In the following year he led Chesterfield to the League Two championship and promotion, and they comfortably maintained their new League One status in 2014-15, reaching sixth place and the play-offs.

Portsmouth[edit]

In May 2015, Cook was appointed manager at League Two club Portsmouth for a compensation fee.[9] On 6 May 2017, Cook guided Portsmouth to the League Two title.[10]

Wigan Athletic[edit]

On 31 May 2017, Cook was appointed manager of newly relegated League One club Wigan Athletic on a three-year-contract, after a compensation package was agreed with Portsmouth.[11] He led Wigan to the League One title and on an impressive FA Cup run that claimed three shocks against top flight opponents West Ham United, Bournemouth and Manchester City[12].

big investment at wigan, he's already said he wouldn't leave when was linked with ROI job, why would he come to us? we are a mess?

1 minute ago, gypsyowl said:

big investment at wigan, he's already said he wouldn't leave when was linked with ROI job, why would he come to us? we are a mess?

Wigan have just sold out, when they hit a blip as every team does the new owners will want their own man - every single football club does this with foreign owners.

Add to that he seems to be a manager who excels with a challenging circumstances, I am not sure where you get the big investment thing from as his best player is Nick Powell will be a free agent in the summer as Wigan cannot afford to keep him.

8 minutes ago, room0035 said:

Nah don't see it - Its like having Sean Bean in charge at Hillsborough the guy would have set up back further than 5 years of DC in charge.

He would have alienated half the fan base and the only thing that is stopping our club dropping like a stone down the league is the fans.

Fans didn't stop us dropping last time......

He might have alienated the fans but they'd have turned on side after they realised he was doing the best for the club. End of day it's a job for him he wouldn't care.

And like I said he'd have loved it. We'd have been in the premier league by now under him. Fans cost us there big time.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Hillsborough Mole said:

Every single out of work second rate manager in Europe will be brushing up their CV's right now - knowing theres a huge possible payday coming up at Hillsborough if we ever get rid of this one.

We really have to pressure the club to employ a British manager with experience of this division. We simply cannot afford another risk like Luhukay or Carlos.

My shout would be Holloway at this moment in time but I'd take anybody tbh

Get rid of the foreign players too while we're at it and I know he's not a football man but his skills are surely transferable and he is just what we need right now - my shout is Geoffrey Boycott!!

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Hillsborough Mole said:

Every single out of work second rate manager in Europe will be brushing up their CV's right now - knowing theres a huge possible payday coming up at Hillsborough if we ever get rid of this one.

We really have to pressure the club to employ a British manager with experience of this division. We simply cannot afford another risk like Luhukay or Carlos.

My shout would be Holloway at this moment in time but I'd take anybody tbh

:duntmatter:

2 hours ago, Ash76 said:

Well done him on his charity work but what’s that to do with his ability as a manager?

The championship is a different beast to what it was when he got those teams up. He’s poor, the last appointment you want to make in this situation 

How did you manage all those negs? I thought mine was bad before the turn around. 

JL to remain for me, if Holloway is the choice. That said I don't think it's the manager that is the problem. It's the circumstances surrounding the whole club. 

4 minutes ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

Fans didn't stop us dropping last time......

He might have alienated the fans but they'd have turned on side after they realised he was doing the best for the club. End of day it's a job for him he wouldn't care.

And like I said he'd have loved it. We'd have been in the premier league by now under him. Fans cost us there big time.

Warnock is a good manager and that's what we need. I've no doubt he'd do his best for his employer even if it was Sheffield Wednesday.

He'd probably be very sensitive about keeping our fans on side, he might be a bit of a pantomime dame but he's not an idiot. Some fans would want him out from day one but most would get behind him if we were winning. The problem would be if we hit a bad patch then the clamour for his head would start.

31 minutes ago, sonofbert2 said:

Get rid of the foreign players too while we're at it and I know he's not a football man but his skills are surely transferable and he is just what we need right now - my shout is Geoffrey Boycott!!

Silly question though how does it affect the none UK players come March.

the old rules pre EU used to be a foreign player had to play 75% of his countries international to qualify for a work permit and that country had to be in the top 100 in FIFA world rankings.

Currently we have could have Fessi, JVA, Pelupessy, Pudil, Hector, Nuihu, Joao, Nielson that all are foreign players who may not get work permits to play in the English leagues.

2 hours ago, Mr Farrell said:

The criteria for a Sheffield Wednesday manager is totally different to any other in British football in my opinion.

1. His employment has to financially benefit an organisation outside of the club.

2. He has to select the players he is told he can select and ignore players he is instructed to ignore.

3. He has to accept all accountability for not playing said players but never reveal the real reason.

4. No signings whatsover allowed of his own choosing.

5. Every decision, every statement, every action has to be pre-approved from above. 

6. In return for 100% compliance with the above, on the field performance will be totally discounted, and regardless of how bad a team/results you deliver, you will never be sacked.

All pure speculation and opinion on my part, and in no way whatsoever portrayed as fact.

doormat.

1 hour ago, Mus said:

Carlos and Jos were both risks, but sometimes they pay off.  CC got us to a play off final

and semi final, but can't see that under Jos.

there's the same difference between carlos and previous managers, as there is between carlos and jos = no money v. absolute fortune to spend.

how far do you think old coco would have got us with megson's, gray's or jos' budget?

36 minutes ago, room0035 said:

Silly question though how does it affect the none UK players come March.

the old rules pre EU used to be a foreign player had to play 75% of his countries international to qualify for a work permit and that country had to be in the top 100 in FIFA world rankings.

Currently we have could have Fessi, JVA, Pelupessy, Pudil, Hector, Nuihu, Joao, Nielson that all are foreign players who may not get work permits to play in the English leagues.

I have been thinking the same.

Not just us tho is it, how will affect the Prem too, Wolves etc.