On standby as we speak

Guest Hillsborough Mole

12 minutes ago, Ash76 said:

Yes he did but that just demonstrates they’re worlds apart ability wise

We missed our chance with Warnock because the majority of fans couldn’t get over a pantomime hatred 

A shame Milan didn’t tell you all to go get f*cked

Warnock is a c0ck and would have got us relegated to make a point.

Warnock is a die hard blade why would he manage the arch rivals. 

It like one of us taking charge of United and trying to do our best for them - it would never happen.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Mycroft said:

I want the best manager available despite where they come from. 

So you want a manager with experience of the English league, has ability of working with a club with no finances and has experience of motivating players, oh and experience of being constrained in his role by a ego manic chairman.

With our squad of players that are fit but for what ever reason not playing or being allowed to play we should be a top half championship team. 

Giving the ability to wheel and deal and get some bodies out of the club and maybe one or two in we could be a top 8 championship team with an outside chance of the top 6.

We need two experienced full back with these on board the defense becomes more solid and thus give others in the team better support, Fox is not good enough and baker is not ready for Championship football and need sending out on loan. Hopefully at some point the powers that be at the club will realise this.

1 hour ago, Hillsborough Mole said:

Every single out of work second rate manager in Europe will be brushing up their CV's right now - knowing theres a huge possible payday coming up at Hillsborough if we ever get rid of this one.

We really have to pressure the club to employ a British manager with experience of this division. We simply cannot afford another risk like Luhukay or Carlos.

My shout would be Holloway at this moment in time but I'd take anybody tbh

If Jos goes , we just get another Doyen manager, and the cycle starts again. 

11 minutes ago, room0035 said:

So you want a manager with experience of the English league, has ability of working with a club with no finances and has experience of motivating players, oh and experience of being constrained in his role by a ego manic chairman.

With our squad of players that are fit but for what ever reason not playing or being allowed to play we should be a top half championship team. 

Giving the ability to wheel and deal and get some bodies out of the club and maybe one or two in we could be a top 8 championship team with an outside chance of the top 6.

We need two experienced full back with these on board the defense becomes more solid and thus give others in the team better support, Fox is not good enough and baker is not ready for Championship football and need sending out on loan. Hopefully at some point the powers that be at the club will realise this.

WOW!, it's so easy, I cannot wait till we find this King Midas of football.

16 minutes ago, room0035 said:

It like one of us taking charge of United and trying to do our best for them - it would never happen.

Hahahahaha hahaha

What point would he have been making at the expense of his reputation? 

A choice of any manager i would be looking at Paul Cook at Wigan - did a great job at Chessy promotion then nearly into the championship on a nothing budgets if it wasn't for deadly Dave selling his best players may have got promoted. started the job at Portsmouth turning and they are now moving forward for where they are, then on to Wigan and stabilized them got them promoted and look a good quality Championship team from the yo yo team they were.

I think give a chance to develop something at Hillsborough he would be a good fit and good knowledge of lower league gems to bring in and develop.

If we are only looking at the out of works then someone like Moyes would be a good choice if he would drop down to the championship or Jokanov if we can afford him.

1 minute ago, room0035 said:

A choice of any manager i would be looking at Paul Cook at Wigan - did a great job at Chessy promotion then nearly into the championship on a nothing budgets if it wasn't for deadly Dave selling his best players may have got promoted. started the job at Portsmouth turning and they are now moving forward for where they are, then on to Wigan and stabilized them got them promoted and look a good quality Championship team from the yo yo team they were.

I think give a chance to develop something at Hillsborough he would be a good fit and good knowledge of lower league gems to bring in and develop.

If we are only looking at the out of works then someone like Moyes would be a good choice if he would drop down to the championship or Jokanov if we can afford him.

I wanted him  2 years ago, along with Dean Smith, but of course he was not a big enough name for the mighty Owls.

That bus has gone, why would he leave Wigan to come here now?.

4 minutes ago, adelphi1867 said:

WOW!, it's so easy, I cannot wait till we find this King Midas of football.

I personally as stated would go for Paul Cook at Wigan - looking at his cv he could be a perfect fit for us

From Wikipedia which I know is not the best

Chesterfield[edit]

On 25 October 2012 he joined League Two rivals Chesterfield on a two-and-a-half-year contract, taking over from Tommy Wright, who had been in charge of the Derbyshire club on a caretaker basis following the departure of John Sheridan two months earlier.[7] The end of his first season saw him guide Chesterfield to eighth position finishing just two points outside the play-off zone.[8] In the following year he led Chesterfield to the League Two championship and promotion, and they comfortably maintained their new League One status in 2014-15, reaching sixth place and the play-offs.

Portsmouth[edit]

In May 2015, Cook was appointed manager at League Two club Portsmouth for a compensation fee.[9] On 6 May 2017, Cook guided Portsmouth to the League Two title.[10]

Wigan Athletic[edit]

On 31 May 2017, Cook was appointed manager of newly relegated League One club Wigan Athletic on a three-year-contract, after a compensation package was agreed with Portsmouth.[11] He led Wigan to the League One title and on an impressive FA Cup run that claimed three shocks against top flight opponents West Ham United, Bournemouth and Manchester City[12].

Just now, adelphi1867 said:

I wanted him  2 years ago, along with Dean Smith, but of course he was not a big enough name for the mighty Owls.

That bus has gone, why would he leave Wigan to come here now?.

He has taken Wigan as far as he can, they are a rugby city even in the premier league they could not get fans in the stands.

He seems to take teams struggling and make then into winners i hope he could do the same with us.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, room0035 said:

I personally as stated would go for Paul Cook at Wigan - looking at his cv he could be a perfect fit for us

From Wikipedia which I know is not the best

Chesterfield[edit]

On 25 October 2012 he joined League Two rivals Chesterfield on a two-and-a-half-year contract, taking over from Tommy Wright, who had been in charge of the Derbyshire club on a caretaker basis following the departure of John Sheridan two months earlier.[7] The end of his first season saw him guide Chesterfield to eighth position finishing just two points outside the play-off zone.[8] In the following year he led Chesterfield to the League Two championship and promotion, and they comfortably maintained their new League One status in 2014-15, reaching sixth place and the play-offs.

Portsmouth[edit]

In May 2015, Cook was appointed manager at League Two club Portsmouth for a compensation fee.[9] On 6 May 2017, Cook guided Portsmouth to the League Two title.[10]

Wigan Athletic[edit]

On 31 May 2017, Cook was appointed manager of newly relegated League One club Wigan Athletic on a three-year-contract, after a compensation package was agreed with Portsmouth.[11] He led Wigan to the League One title and on an impressive FA Cup run that claimed three shocks against top flight opponents West Ham United, Bournemouth and Manchester City[12].

Please read the post above.

Plus there is a common denominator, " After compensation was agreed", with the FFP I don't know if that would be possible.

42 minutes ago, Ash76 said:

Yes he did but that just demonstrates they’re worlds apart ability wise

We missed our chance with Warnock because the majority of fans couldn’t get over a pantomime hatred 

A shame Milan didn’t tell you all to go get f*cked

We'd be in the premier league now if Milan had gave appointed Warnock.

Sometimes our fans are our worst enemies lol

29 minutes ago, room0035 said:

He'd have worked twice as hard to take us up to wee wee McCabe off.

He'd have loved being both the hero and villain of both sides of Sheffield.

1 minute ago, adelphi1867 said:

Please read the post above.

Plus there is a common denominator, " After compensation was agreed", with the FFP I don't know if that would be possible.

How much worse off would we be if we are relegated for one we will be £4m down on the tv money. The loss of revenue and the inevitable players leaving.

I don't think DC has a choice we have to get rid of Jos and bring in a competent manager.