Must read

2 minutes ago, sonofbert2 said:

I don't think anyone out of the clubs affected was actually expecting embargos when they came tbh.

Do you mean the hierarchy? They surely would have known they couldn’t spend hardly anything. I don’t mean an embargo, though. Jos’ comments pointing out other clubs spending £40-£50m. You’d think he might have expected somewhere in the region of £5-£10m to spend. 

Unless the club were going to really say sod it and put two fingers up to ffp & p&s then Jos wasn’t exactly told the truth in regards to transfers when he first arrived. 

What i found interesting was the following

At the same time, on the field, they take too little responsibility in my eyes. English players take everything the gaffer says. I think they can think more about football themselves and have to solve things on the field.”

Not only does it demonstrate why he is so quiet on the bench, bu it does give you some perspective into wider football. Whilst the manager can see from a different perspective, i still think the players on the pitch should be providing feedback to each other. Would be nice to actually see some players taking some intiative and ownership for their actions, not relying solely on the voice from sidelines.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jonesy87shef said:

Do you mean the hierarchy? They surely would have known they couldn’t spend hardly anything. I don’t mean an embargo, though. Jos’ comments pointing out other clubs spending £40-£50m. You’d think he might have expected somewhere in the region of £5-£10m to spend. 

Unless the club were going to really say sod it and put two fingers up to ffp & p&s then Jos wasn’t exactly told the truth in regards to transfers when he first arrived. 

If you read the reports and articles over the past year then it is clear that none of the clubs who were sailing close to the wind expected that the 39m limit wouldn’t be increased and that the league would tighten up their enforcement.

By reports and articles, I mean the individual ones relating to specific clubs as well as the more general stuff and by the past year I mean before and after in particular the ruling on QPR and co.

1 hour ago, WelshOwl74 said:

'Sheffield is not a rich city, the people are not well of'

:Chansiri:

Not strictly true we have one of the wealthiest wards in the UK (I think it was third a few years ago), but like with any large city there are a lot of people on the breadline.

6 minutes ago, jonesy87shef said:

Also if you look at what Leicester, for example, did and "got away with" previously and you may get a better idea of where our own chairman, or his advisors, were coming from......

https://www.google.es/url?sa=i&source=undefined&cd=&ved=0ahUKEwi0qI6NjNneAhUkxoUKHQKKBZ0QzPwBCAM&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.theguardian.com%2Ffootball%2F2016%2Fapr%2F11%2Fleicester-city-finances-football-league-financial-fair-play-investigation&psig=AOvVaw1LZ9RXFLAQSRYctO2SWJ4M&ust=1542463944497746

1 hour ago, CalmJimmers said:

Enjoyed that - interesting that he expected funds to be available and then they weren’t.

All Jos’ fault though of course

I stand with many others in blaming our completely out of his depth chairman  

1 hour ago, Whitechapel Owl said:

“I saw the players in the morning pack their plates with bacon, sausage, beans and egg. And then they made such a soup. I could not stand it, didn’t want to smell it; terrible!"

"Didn't want to smell it"? Blimey, I was salivating just reading that!

I had to rush through the rest of the article so I could check out what's left in t' fridge

• Haha 5

1 hour ago, Whitechapel Owl said:

Interesting.

The translation is slightly dodgy but couldn't believe this bit: “I saw the players in the morning pack their plates with bacon, sausage, beans and egg. And then they made such a soup. I could not stand it, didn’t want to smell it; terrible!"

Sounds a great breakfast, to me, an overweight office worker. For a professional footballer!!!! Wonder how all the injuries came about?