FAO all our fans going tonight

1 hour ago, Ever the pessimist said:

Not so much reminding - just being aware that if, as often the case, people don't arrive until kick off they might inadvertently be talking / singing / chanting through the silence. 

Imagine if loads of noise was coming from the away end - next thing our neighbours will be telling everyone about how we openly disrespected the fallen. 

The Wednesday fans that are attending, follow the club home and away, we are a fairly intelligent bunch. I wouldn’t worry yourself. 

4 hours ago, nickswfc said:

Sure most will remember the balls up at derby in 2013 when the fans were singing on the concourse. Obviously they didn't know but what made it worse was the fans in the ground shouting at them to shut up.

All it sounded to derby fans was us not respecting it.

So yeah, bit of common sense tonight. Try and warn anyone singing on the concourse beforehand. 

I was at that game, not sure I've ever cringed more. Would dearly love a repeat to be avoided.

My grandfather attempted to join up aged 15 in 1914, this was at Edmund Road Barracks, close to Bramall Lane, luckily for him his aunty turned up and told the recruiting sergeant where to shove his king’s shilling. The entirety of Heeley Friends football team, of which he was a member, turned up that day, I guess the others didn’t have a bolshy aunty, they died on the Somme. Just before he died aged 92, he said that he was looking forward to sorting the team out, he reckoned hat they had been playing two in his place.

• Like 3

18 hours ago, Ever the pessimist said:

Couldn’t get a ticket myself but can I be sanctimonious enough to remind those who are about the minute’s silence pre match. Many will be arriving basically on kick off so unless aware won’t pick up that the silence is underway.

I would hate for people to be turning up unawares and be falsely accused of being disrespectful. 

Yeah I can understand that but not nice when the minutes silence id being honoured by our lot whilst being pelted with bottles of pis* by the lowlifes of society.

40 minutes ago, CLswfc said:

Yeah I can understand that but not nice when the minutes silence id being honoured by our lot whilst being pelted with bottles of pis* by the lowlifes of society.

Oh I appreciate that. First one there I have not got a ticket for since the early 90s.

The turnstiles not working is a regular occurrence there in my experience too.

6 hours ago, wisewoodowl said:

Some people do tho'

During the minutes silence last week at Hillsborough some bimbo walked up The Kop with a pint in her hand, straight past a steward.  Fair Play to the steward, he didn't challenge her during the silence, let her walk to her seat, plastic glass in hand.  By the time the minute was up, and when he went to her, she'd supped up.

lush