FAO all our fans going tonight

Couldn’t get a ticket myself but can I be sanctimonious enough to remind those who are about the minute’s silence pre match. Many will be arriving basically on kick off so unless aware won’t pick up that the silence is underway.

I would hate for people to be turning up unawares and be falsely accused of being disrespectful. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

There was a minutes silence before the Norwich match last weekend. 

Latecomers were still arriving but it was 100% observed. 

Shouldn’t be a problem unless there are serious delays outside the ground. 

After all from what’s being reported it’s not even sold out p.

1 minute ago, Blatter said:

There was a minutes silence before the Norwich match last weekend. 

Latecomers were still arriving but it was 100% observed. 

Shouldn’t be a problem unless there are serious delays outside the ground. 

After all from what’s being reported it’s not even sold out p.

They closed the turnstiles during the minutes silence last Saturday,  so no latecomers were coming in, gates reopened when silence had been observed. Would be a good idea if they do this Friday.

41 minutes ago, OWL1969 said:

They closed the turnstiles during the minutes silence last Saturday,  so no latecomers were coming in, gates reopened when silence had been observed. Would be a good idea if they do this Friday.

This should always be done. 

8 hours ago, OWL1969 said:

7 hours ago, Maxine said:

This should always be done. 

It was a good idea and it worked out for those inside but was very confusing outside, and as a result not especially silent - there were no signs up that I could see and few stewards on Penistone, just non-moving queues and closed doors with an eerie stillness...ruined every few seconds by someone joining the back of the queue shouting “fooooook’s this abahrt like?!” through a gobfull of Beres

:duntmatter:

Luckily the haunting strains of the Last Post post drifted over on the breeze and people soon twigged, and the silence itself was very well observed by those of us still heading in - I got to the gangways a few seconds before it ended and though they were busy you could’ve heard a pin drop.

Top idea but better signage outside next next time please Wednesday! Few printed-off A4 notices on outside of turnstiles would’ve done it.

When I started work in 1962 I actually worked alongside WWI veterans nearing their retirement, WW2 veterans were common place, however the single thing that they had in common was making light out of what were horrendous experiences. Just remember both they and their mates who didn’t make it back paved the way for us to live in peace.

Lest we forget.

• Like 8

Sure most will remember the balls up at derby in 2013 when the fans were singing on the concourse. Obviously they didn't know but what made it worse was the fans in the ground shouting at them to shut up.

All it sounded to derby fans was us not respecting it.

So yeah, bit of common sense tonight. Try and warn anyone singing on the concourse beforehand. 

10 hours ago, OWL1969 said:

I usually arrive quite early I didn't know they did that. Must need careful stewarding outside the ground if there’s a late rush.

It only works though if the powers that be stop people coming off the concourses armed with pies and drinks late on too.

11 hours ago, Ever the pessimist said:

Couldn’t get a ticket myself but can I be sanctimonious enough to remind those who are about the minute’s silence pre match. Many will be arriving basically on kick off so unless aware won’t pick up that the silence is underway.

I would hate for people to be turning up unawares and be falsely accused of being disrespectful. 

We don’t need reminding thank you 

Keep up the self righteous work though pal 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, torres said:

Some people do tho'

During the minutes silence last week at Hillsborough some bimbo walked up The Kop with a pint in her hand, straight past a steward.  Fair Play to the steward, he didn't challenge her during the silence, let her walk to her seat, plastic glass in hand.  By the time the minute was up, and when he went to her, she'd supped up.

1 hour ago, torres said:

Not so much reminding - just being aware that if, as often the case, people don't arrive until kick off they might inadvertently be talking / singing / chanting through the silence. 

Imagine if loads of noise was coming from the away end - next thing our neighbours will be telling everyone about how we openly disrespected the fallen. 

13 hours ago, Ever the pessimist said:

I can remember Derby away, we were absolutely crucified for it, all the fans on the concourse had no idea, absolutely wasted singing our songs but of course it was heard... I was mortified when I realised it was the minute silence.

4 minutes ago, Ever the pessimist said:

Not so much reminding - just being aware that if, as often the case, people don't arrive until kick off they might inadvertently be talking / singing / chanting through the silence. 

Imagine if loads of noise was coming from the away end - next thing our neighbours will be telling everyone about how we openly disrespected the fallen. 

Ignore him, pathetic response to your message.

• Thanks 1