That miss by Palmer

1 minute ago, LSOwls said:

He's not even the worst player in the current squad.

It's a terrible miss but happens; I though he did well yesterday; it was nice to see Palmer & Fox get up field more often; Fox looked good :ph34r:

Fox for me was mom ..... Palmer was his usual woeful self!

Real shame he messed that chance up because if ever there was a player who’d really benefit from a goal, it’s Liam. His wicki stats show 1 goal in over 200 professional outings, which tells a tale,  Full backs are very important in the modern game and need to be more than just defenders. 

5 minutes ago, dewsburyowl58 said:

It’s true he’s best staying out of the penalty area Sen him miss quite a few most not even on target 

Thing is any decent full back worth his salt, will love the opportunity to get in the box and bag a goal.  Scoring is largely a mental hurdle and I expect Liam’s now expecting to mess up.

1 hour ago, Peacenocchio said:

I like Palmer. But any 20 odd year old pub player can run around and show ambition.

That's not a criteria for a professional footballer

Very true.

It’s just tiresome coming on here & seeing the same players getting bashed by any means necessary when IMO he’s had an OK season so far.

1 hour ago, Ash76 said:

Yeah, all their fault ffs.

Proving the point perfectly. Made your mind up 4 years ago and no matter how well he's playing he'll always be sh*t to you because thats what you said 4 years ago

:goalie:

You think he’s been playing well!?

Wow. One day we will have quality full backs and we’ll all see a huge difference.

Not disputing he’s improved this season on last, but to say he’s playing well. Even in current form I’d be shocked if another championship club would have him and start him as first choice.

1 hour ago, East Yorks Owl said:

Thing is any decent full back worth his salt, will love the opportunity to get in the box and bag a goal.  Scoring is largely a mental hurdle and I expect Liam’s now expecting to mess up.

Wonder what he’s like in training , surely he practices finishing ? 

37 minutes ago, jonesy87shef said:

You think he’s been playing well!?

Wow. One day we will have quality full backs and we’ll all see a huge difference.

Not disputing he’s improved this season on last, but to say he’s playing well. Even in current form I’d be shocked if another championship club would have him and start him as first choice.

Yes, people keep talking about right back being our biggest weakness but they're wrong. It was left back but hopefully Fox can take a leaf out of Palmer's book then we just need to address the issues at CB and in midfield 

2 hours ago, Weshallovercome said:

Did you miss out on witnessing the delights of David Graham and Guy Branston?

Wish I could afford long holidays like that.

Witnessed the above mentioned plus Peter Feeley, Sammy Todd and Larry May..... the difference is the amount of games played!

Consistantly the worst Wednesday player I’ve ever witnessed!

9 hours ago, casbahowl said:

Fox for me was mom ..... Palmer was his usual woeful self!

Fair enough that you don’t rate him. But that comment seems to demonstrate that you won’t give Palmer credit when it IS due. Both fullbacks were our best players against Birmingham. Saying he was ‘woeful’ is so wide of the mark it makes Palmer’s shot look like a composed tap-in.