George Boyd and David Jones?

8 hours ago, matthefish2002 said:

Yes maybe Boyd and Jones may have been a better option on the bench last night.

But in the long run the team should benefit from blooding younger players, wont always 100% work straight away last night but in 2-3 years time we will be glad we did.

I doubt Kirby will have gained anything from last night - if anything it will have dented his confidence and set him back. You need to properly manage the integration of young players into the side. Sometimes experience is needed, particularly in my pressure situations like last night.

Not sure if bringing these players back into the fold is the right thing to do although we’re paying tens of thousands of week for nothing when they aren’t. Kirby looks way out of his depth at senior level least impressive of all the youngsters, probably a talented lad but could do with a loan or more time at U23. 

Firstly .... Kirby is a very good prospect and I do believe he will be a first team player here in the future but fully accept he’s probably not ready yet 

Last time I saw Jones play he looked like he had never had a ball at his feet in his entire life 

Boyd just doesn’t fit into how we play, never going to get a game really and it’s pointless even discussing Abdi even if he was fit I don’t know where he gets a game ? Is he good enough to get Bannans shirt ?

No way is Kirby to blame for a team squandering a 2 goal lead against a top 6 team like west brom. Jones and / or boyd would have made no difference to the result. Both have been poor and the wrong age to ever improve. Fact is the future is with the youth at swfc. I much happier players such as kirby get the experience required asap so they can complete the learning curve. Blaming kirby for errors from Lees and Pelupessy is just crackers. Its just typical to read all the negative comments after a draw with a top six side in a game we could have and should have won. I am extremely happy with the JL and the team he is moulding of young and tenacious players who are fit and know they have to earn the shirt. Its disappointing we didn't get the 3 points but the bigger picture is much more positive and feeling we should have beaten west brom is testament to how much JL has brought this team on in difficult circumstances and in a short period of time. All this negative and slating players pointing blame at individuals is total garbage and totally the opposite to the team ethic JL is building. Some people need to get a grip and i am afraid westwood, boyd, abdi, hutch, jones and probably fox are not players who will be playing in the 1st team again. Hooper and Lee might get a chance but I doubt their bodies are  ever going to be fit enough to sustain the fitness that JL requires before playing 1st team football. Under CC these players broke down every 3 or 4 games, JL will want them to play 3 or 4 games at under 23 before considering them for 1st team so its obvious that past experience shows its unlikely to see them again. Its a shame as i a Lee fan specially but I totally agree with JL philosophy on recovery and fitness and its not JL fault that for some reason their bodies are no longer strong enough for championship football.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Pale Rider said:

The Kirby substitution was crazy but these guys don’t really deserve anymore chances. The sensible option was Thornily. 

And Fletch for Dave who was absolutely knackered. 

These two players are both on £50k a week. Factor in Westwood who's on £40k A week and that's some money that's being wasted.

Ive knocked Boyd but he's made a real effort to get fit and he looks great. But he spoke out and said our players aren't fit. He was right 

Jones last season just started to play well. He was made captain and then some lunatic put him at centre back. That was him finished 

Westwood said he was fit after the manager said he wasn't and wad injured. Westwood said he was the fittest he'd ever been. Oh dear. That finished Westwood.

None of these players had anything wrong. Quite the reverse. 

This is what happens when idiots run the club instead of football managers 

Remember Ken bates. Well we've got another bates at Wednesday. 

We can't improve whislt a businessman runs everything. 

People should do what they do best. 

1 hour ago, Mrmason69 said:

These two players are both on £50k a week. Factor in Westwood who's on £40k A week and that's some money that's being wasted.

Ive knocked Boyd but he's made a real effort to get fit and he looks great. But he spoke out and said our players aren't fit. He was right 

Jones last season just started to play well. He was made captain and then some lunatic put him at centre back. That was him finished 

Westwood said he was fit after the manager said he wasn't and wad injured. Westwood said he was the fittest he'd ever been. Oh dear. That finished Westwood.

£50k a week ?

9b553b8ef2_1496310051_De-studieschuld-van-de-Upcoming-redactie.gif

1 hour ago, Mrmason69 said:

Think you may mean son of a businessman.

Not sure about those figures but it may be big play / win bonuses that are the issue.

Which kids don't generally get.

null

On 05/10/2018 at 15:30, Mrmason69 said:

50k a week!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

<iframe src="https://giphy.com/embed/VTxmwaCEwSlZm" width="480" height="198" frameBorder="0" class="giphy-embed" allowFullScreen></iframe><p><a href="https://giphy.com/gifs/swag-money-make-it-rain-VTxmwaCEwSlZm">via GIPHY</a></p>

How do you insert gifs!!

Edited by Hack-Abusi

On 05/10/2018 at 16:30, Mrmason69 said:

You seem to have forgotten a number of abject performances from Jones and Boyd. They no longer have the legs/energy required to play in our team as far as I'm concerned.

On 05/10/2018 at 17:30, Mrmason69 said:

Some people