Aston Villa vs Sheffield Wednesday (OMD thingy)

Fear we could lose 4-0 today, Villa have some very good attacking players now and if we put in a weak performance it could be a hiding.  Knowing our luck, just like against Forest, Villa will click into gear today. Stoke also said that was their best performance of the season against us. Seems to be the way 

Edited by Owls-Fan

2 minutes ago, Ozymandias Owl said:

I agree, anything more than defeat is a bonus, but it's possible Villa could be in worse shape than us.

I hope so and we could be in with a chance. Fingers crossed.

Come on Wednesday.

Guest Bulgaria
1 hour ago, theowlsman said:

Look out for a gap-teethed, dirty, Serbian lady with 6 foot long arms.

Dont worry, the missus is with me today in Bulgaria.

4 hours ago, Holmowl said:

Very clever dialogue between you and Stubsy Snoots. Good point. Our fans need to show more patience.

We get our first proper look at Hector today. Lets hope he is the business. Big, strong and athletic. Exactly what we need.

Obvious changes...

Hector for Thorniley 

Fletcher for Nuhiu 

Palmer for Baker

Penney for Fox

Agree re your changes Holmers old scout.  

For the all the pelters I think Palmer is now the number 1 right back. 

(Before people leap in - yes I'm aware there are better right backs put there in the world. But we've got what we've got and at this moment he's our best bet IMO)

I he'll persevere with Matias wide. But If  we fo 4-2-3-1 then Id like like to see Reach go left of the three and Joao play off Fletcher in a more central role. 

For me it gets the best from both players.  Nuhiu's isolation in the week highlighted to me why it's important to get a proper 'forward' in that second role. And Fletcher who is playing as well as I've seen him since he arrived I think would benefit from the support his hard work this season has deserved .

49 minutes ago, Ozymandias Owl said:

My heart BELIEVES this is possible, but my head says we might be playing Villa three or four games too early.

I'm only going on the highlights of the Forrest game, but Onomah looks like he's going to be a massive player in our midfield alongside Bannan.

Once they are on the same wavelength, we may have a replacement for Kieran Lee.

I plussed you for displaying positivity.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

Come on folks. Don't ruin your weekends before kick off.

Save the gloom for after the final whistle! 

Don't get me wrong, if there's a face in football which I'd dearly love us to enflict that look of deafeat on, it's the face of Steve Bruce.

Anything is possible, as we proved at Villa Park this time last year.

I just hope the wrath of the Neggers will take a balanced view of our chances today if we don't win by four goals to two today

lol

3 minutes ago, Ozymandias Owl said:

Don't get me wrong, if there's a face in football which I'd dearly love us to enflict that look of deafeat on, it's the face of Steve Bruce.

Anything is possible, as we proved at Villa Park this time last year.

I just hope the wrath of the Neggers will take a balanced view of our chances today if we don't win by four goals to two today

lol

Fear not. Bruce was born with a face that just looked like it had had a defeat inflicted upon it!

Very true. When we went to Villa park last season we had only 1 win in 4 and recently lost to Derby and Bolton.  

Getting that early goal again would give us a huge boost.

9 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

Fear not. Bruce was born with a face that just looked like it had had a defeat inflicted upon it!

Very true. When we went to Villa park last season we had only 1 win in 4 and recently lost to Derby and Bolton.  

Getting that early goal again would give us a huge boost.

And we played with butters, and couple others (wont mention), so we have better players, Hmm so do they! 

But always optimistic, can see us winning in a very entertaining game,  first on Quest. :rolleyes:

2-3 win for us.

Edited by daleblue