Check out the Star's Batth story!

6 hours ago, Spookone said:

We have some fans who seem to find negativity in everything don't we, yes its an error but it may not have been the journalist who placed the picture and even if it was, it really doesn't mean he's not good at his job.

(and no it's not me) :ph34r:

I often wonder what some of our fanbase who regularly tear the various journalists apart do as a job, I am presuming something along the lines of Brain Surgeons or Rocket Scientists perhaps? lol

Well you spotted my line good buddy. Bravo. 

I posted the link by the way which, if you are actually interested shows a female name on the article. I have not criticised any journalists and I do not believe any were involved in the making of this... well what would you call it. Can I not call it rubbish, although that is what it is?

I actually found the irony of the headline and the photograph very funny, but now see the sadness of it and share your pain. If this had been Viz I would be commending them for their sharp wit, but it is supposed to be a newspaper which represents Sheffield and is writing an article related to our club that is a load of very funny tripe. Sad mate. You are right, it is very sad.

lolMakes me titter!

7 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

One person posts a post

Everyone jumps on it immediately with as much hate and sneering as possible

Sad times

Instead of doing that and coming across like some teenage vigilante mob shouting at bus stops have a read of this article here

https://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/football/sheffield-wednesday/sheffield-wednesday-column-i-d-tell-you-why-i-love-owls-ace-barry-bannan-but-i-just-don-t-think-you-understand-1-9315581

Have a read of that and shurrup whinging about t'ruddy star ffs

Hey mate, I'm a big boy with a wierd sense of humour and thought this was too funny not to share it.

People not getting it, or better still putting up mock outrage and accusing me of having a go at the BLOKE that wrote the article is even funnier. 

I mean really who is Danny Batth?! Heh hey! Tops.

:tango:lol

15 hours ago, Harrysgame said:

Shame really as back in the day of the Green Un, they had some decent sports journos.

The Green 'Un, what an institution that was. The Star, Morning Telegraph and the Green Un were bristling with top quality journalists that really got into the clubs, went behind the scenes and actually told us news before it was seen elsewhere. They did get caught out a couple of times, but on the whole the articles were well written pretty accurate and interesting.

I read the occasional article at my parents and see the SWFC articles online, but I haven't bought it for years since they had the last clearout and brought in the current set of copiers.

There are quite a few good reporters elsewhere that seem to have their fingers on the pulse though and Owlstalk often uncovers a few golden nuggets.

9 hours ago, Ante's Bubbly said:

Well you spotted my line good buddy. Bravo. 

I posted the link by the way which, if you are actually interested shows a female name on the article. I have not criticised any journalists and I do not believe any were involved in the making of this... well what would you call it. Can I not call it rubbish, although that is what it is?

I actually found the irony of the headline and the photograph very funny, but now see the sadness of it and share your pain. If this had been Viz I would be commending them for their sharp wit, but it is supposed to be a newspaper which represents Sheffield and is writing an article related to our club that is a load of very funny tripe. Sad mate. You are right, it is very sad.

lolMakes me titter!

I take exception to our club being called a load of very funny tripe, even if it might be !!

18 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

One person posts a post

Everyone jumps on it immediately with as much hate and sneering as possible

Sad times

Instead of doing that and coming across like some teenage vigilante mob shouting at bus stops have a read of this article here

https://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/football/sheffield-wednesday/sheffield-wednesday-column-i-d-tell-you-why-i-love-owls-ace-barry-bannan-but-i-just-don-t-think-you-understand-1-9315581

Have a read of that and shurrup whinging about t'ruddy star ffs

You must be new around here.

9 hours ago, Ante's Bubbly said:

The Green 'Un, what an institution that was. The Star, Morning Telegraph and the Green Un were bristling with top quality journalists that really got into the clubs, went behind the scenes and actually told us news before it was seen elsewhere. They did get caught out a couple of times, but on the whole the articles were well written pretty accurate and interesting.

I read the occasional article at my parents and see the SWFC articles online, but I haven't bought it for years since they had the last clearout and brought in the current set of copiers.

There are quite a few good reporters elsewhere that seem to have their fingers on the pulse though and Owlstalk often uncovers a few golden nuggets.

True, some old copies at my parents, a good read. Think difference is the journos then actually knew most of the players and owners and frequented the same places in the city as most players lived local. Not like today.

10 hours ago, Stoop said:

Is the star an amateur publication these days? The amount of spelling mistakes I’ve noticed in their articles recently is pretty comical

These days many tasks are outsourced to the third world, even article writing. This might explain the spelling mistakes, as I've heard from a mate that The Star have been outsourcing to Barnsley for a few years already.