We need to know

7 minutes ago, Utah Owl said:

Try getting your facts right! She joined us at the end of December, that's not even 8 months yet!

Answer this one, how many of the contracts that have caused our financial problems has she been responsible for? How many players has she been responsible for signing? In the period since she joined has our overall monthly spend increased or decreased? Given the departures of Wallace, Loosens, Hunt and Rhodes I would suggest it has decreased considerably which has probably enabled us to come out of Embargo. Quite to the contrary of your assertion our financial situation (whilst still not good) has improved under her tenure.

So tell me what is your issue with her? Is it the baggage that came with her from Charlton or is it purely that you are an old school misogynist and women have no place in football?

Oh dear..... you're banding about allsorts of accusations, without really.... knowing sod all. lol

You would suggest ?  Do you know ?  How do you have the divine knowledge that none of us have ?
Basically, you're answering my own posts of saying what I think, with exactly the same bull5hit, of what you think.

It's a forum, people have different viewpoints, and are allowed to express them.

Since she's been here ( dare I say the word " she " unless the thought police shoot me )... since she's been here, the relationship with the fan base has degenerated to rock bottom

THAT's my issue with her, not your tree hugging liberal blame game 8ollox.

And oh, I'm so sorry I was out by four months .... makes it worse, it's only taken her eight months then, I hate to see the state of the club after 12.

Have a nice day,  VOTE TRUMP !!!! lol   ................ not really.

3 minutes ago, quinnssweetshop said:

Oh dear..... you're banding about allsorts of accusations, without really.... knowing sod all. lol

You would suggest ?  Do you know ?  How do you have the divine knowledge that none of us have ?
Basically, you're answering my own posts of saying what I think, with exactly the same bull5hit, of what you think.

It's a forum, people have different viewpoints, and are allowed to express them.

Since she's been here ( dare I say the word " she " unless the thought police shoot me )... since she's been here, the relationship with the fan base has degenerated to rock bottom

And oh, I'm so sorry I was out by four months .... makes it worse, it's only taken her eight months then, I hate to see the state of the club after 12.

Speak for yourself mate.  Don't associate two dozen malcontents on here with our entire fan base.

22 minutes ago, quinnssweetshop said:

Firstly what Sham says, plus answer the question.

The shambles the club is in comes from the financial mess created by the Chairman's basic lack of understanding of football and being taken for a ride by his so called friends and advisors.  Meire has zero responsibility for that because she wasn't here so why the big hate on her?

15 minutes ago, Utah Owl said:

Firstly what Sham says, plus answer the question.

The shambles the club is in comes from the financial mess created by the Chairman's basic lack of understanding of football and being taken for a ride by his so called friends and advisors.  Meire has zero responsibility for that because she wasn't here so why the big hate on her?

Because he probably threw his toys out of the pram when she was appointed and now probably feels a bit of an idiot.

In reality she's done nothing wrong, managed to get rid of a few high earners and helped to get rid of the embargo.

4 minutes ago, EcclesallOwl said:

Because he probably threw his toys out of the pram when she was appointed and now probably feels a bit of an idiot.

In reality she's done nothing wrong, managed to get rid of a few high earners and helped to get rid of the embargo.

Exactly, in terms of common sense being applied to the running of the club and starting the long and painful process of getting us back on an even keel currently she is doing a pretty good job. The problem she has is that baggage that came from her stint at Charlton which was largely created by the owner there.

It appears some on here either can't (or don't want to) look beyond that.

I suppose its a can of worms from both ends really...

Transparency?..Well yes, i think the fans deserve a modicum, I don't expect to be told who earns what..I don't expect to know how much we paid for whom,...but heres something I think most fans were entitled to know...

That we were under an embargo as we purchased season tickets...Wouldn't have made any difference to me, but maybe it did for some.

If for instance the club had put out a survey, asking if you wanted to (Option A) keep the high prices and maintain and upgrade the playing squad?

You answered "Yes..That will do for me..1 season ticket please"

Then...You are told you are under, or have been under an embargo..It begs the question "What the f.ook"?...doesn't it?

Allied to the fact, that cheaper prices would mean throwing youth team players in..( OPTION B)...etc...

then lo and behold you are paying out on option "A"..and the club played option "B" last night didn't they?

Its not a matter of transparency as such...Its sorta saying..."Don't p *ss down me back and tell me its raining" ..isn't it?

I was quite impressed last night, but I'm easily impressed, and I am the sort of fan that goes anyhow, don't care who the chairman is and would walk past Barcelona playin' Real Madrid in Hillsborough park to watch Wednesday V Wigan...I actually know I'm daft...I simply don't need the f.ookin' fact underlining

Edited by asteener1867
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

On 21/08/2018 at 22:14, Lord Snooty said:

Accountability.  I get. Balls ups means trouble. 

In your case you could lose your job (Hope you don't by the way)

But the people demanding answers from you I presume are actually in charge of the whole shebang?

In our situation it's the other way around isn't it?

We're demanding answers ...and still won't be able to do anything about it. 

Unless 20,000 people hurl their season tickets on the pitch if answers aren't forthcoming.

Good luck tomorrow.

Mind. You might not get anymore sympathy here. We don't like f*ck ups!..

Well still employed but agreed to cover a shift and a half for the next six weeks if a hotel provided to save on commute. Yes was answer. Free breakfast only plus point of extra 21hrs for no more wedge. Lack of joy being salaried sometimes when poo hits fan.

At least last night was a plus.

• Like 1

The whole problem lies in the thread of this title  - We NEED to know. - This is totally in error . We don't NEED to know. What good would that do us?  Would it bring in a new Owner ? And if so, would he/she be any better than we have got? 

If we brought in a new owner, would he be able to waste his money as he wanted?

Has the new CEO caused all the trouble? I've not heard any mention .

Would a new Manager make one Iota of difference? Would the new Manager be X,Y orZ The fan-base would inevitably be split even more.

It's the modern curse of  Plastic Information. Would our knowledge of all the nuts and bolts of running the club make any difference to it's running, and if it did, would that be for better or worse?

How many of us have significant sums of money invested in the club? Very few.

The question should be _ We WANT to know. Entirely different.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, asteener1867 said:

I am the sort of fan that goes anyhow, don't care who the chairman is and would walk past Barcelona playin' Real Madrid in Hillsborough park to watch Wednesday V Wigan.

...or as Bill Shankly said: "If Everton were playing in my back garden, I'd close the curtains."

19 hours ago, quinnssweetshop said:

In fairness at least he positions his opinions as opinions by preframing them with ‘I would suggest’ the post he was responded to you in the space of one sentence were factually incorrect and presented opinion as fact. 

She hasn’t been here a year. 

In in your opinion things have gotten worse. 

4 hours ago, Philb125 said:

In fairness at least he positions his opinions as opinions by preframing them with ‘I would suggest’ the post he was responded to you in the space of one sentence were factually incorrect and presented opinion as fact. 

She hasn’t been here a year. 

In in your opinion things have gotten worse. 

And in fairness, what business is it of yours ?

So, I gave the CEO a year, i was being generous then... I wasn't going to play semantics to win an argument. Opinion as fact.... it's worse that it's 8 months, you clappers should have stuck to that.
This CEO has managed to oversee a degeneration of fan/club confidence to the lowest point since the good old board. So, shoot me.

clubs in a crap state.

UTO

Club's been around for a while, and all this screaming for transparency I personally feel has come with the advent of the Internet/information age... it didn't use to be like that before. Were people just as invested/obsessed about knowing the inner workings of every strategic decision/move of the club back then? Say, since 1950s up to mid-90s? Were we less emotionally invested or supporting the club less back then?

This club being no different than other companies/organizations these days, they're facing what I feel is sometimes an unnecessary demand for transparency. Because when there then are tiny pieces of news that are being withheld, the rumour mill gets going straight away... Bannan had to go out on social media and calm the nerves of supporters thinking he was going away last season. Westwood now being lower on the pecking order suddenly linked to leaving the club; etc. etc. and that's just the players. I don't mind supporters wanting to know what DC and JL are thinking about certain aspects, but they're not entitled to know every little bit, even if that seems to be what people are getting more and more into their head that they should do these days.

Sometimes I'm happy with a bit less transparency, so I can focus on basics of supporting the football club I love. The 11 players in their Wednesday shirts running out on the pitch every Saturday looking to play their best for the club.

Hm... feel that rant probably lost its meaning halfway through there... but hopefully you get the gist ;)