We need to know

Everybody used to be satisfied with the Green-Un once a week and believe what was printed. Only a handful of fans letters and comments available for opinion  (presumably sifted and edited for consumption before print) 

Those were the days....! 

Edited by owls-swfc
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Ever the pessimist said:

I think it would suggest the owner / ceo knew what they were doing and were in control of situations.

Plus would make fans feel more part of the club. 

This is it, I don't want to be part of the club and all the hype that goes with it. I'd just like to see my chosen team win. I'm keeping it real 

• Thanks 1

Thing is, you generally know when your legs broken and go to the hospital to get it fixed.

DC should know the clubs broken....We all do..... we're only asking him to stick the directions to the hospital in his sat nav.

people just want to see us get better... so they demand answers. Human nature.

Edited by quinnssweetshop

18 minutes ago, quinnssweetshop said:

Thing is, you generally know when your legs broken and go to the hospital to get it fixed.

DC should know the clubs broken....We all do..... we're only asking him to stick the directions to the hospital in his sat nav.

people just want to see us get better... so they demand answers. Human nature.

But running a club, picking a team, life... ain’t as simple as putting your address into a sat nav. 

Read any team for next match thread to see how many variations of formation and team are picked with just 18 or so fit variables to pick from. So with unlimited players to pick from how do you get it right every time? 

What’s the magic formula to fix the club? Do we do a derby/Leeds sell our best players, suck it up and go again? 

Do we do a huddersfeild, find a great manager, loan superstars that no one else thinks are any good (mooi was suggested as a signing prior to Man City signing him and he wasn’t fit to wear the shirt)? 

Do we do a Cardiff and assemble a bunch of big players and a coach who grinds out wins by any fashion? 

Do we do a Brighton and overspend? Oh tried that.... 

My point is there is no right way to fix it, if there was a guide I’m sure we, and literally 90% of other clubs wouldn’t be in the position they are right now!

Out of interest, how would you fix the broken club? Try to bare in mind that pre chansiri we were already almost failing FFP with losses of 6-7m per season so how do you do it?? 

25 minutes ago, Philb125 said:

But running a club, picking a team, life... ain’t as simple as putting your address into a sat nav. 

Read any team for next match thread to see how many variations of formation and team are picked with just 18 or so fit variables to pick from. So with unlimited players to pick from how do you get it right every time? 

What’s the magic formula to fix the club? Do we do a derby/Leeds sell our best players, suck it up and go again? 

Do we do a huddersfeild, find a great manager, loan superstars that no one else thinks are any good (mooi was suggested as a signing prior to Man City signing him and he wasn’t fit to wear the shirt)? 

Do we do a Cardiff and assemble a bunch of big players and a coach who grinds out wins by any fashion? 

Do we do a Brighton and overspend? Oh tried that.... 

My point is there is no right way to fix it, if there was a guide I’m sure we, and literally 90% of other clubs wouldn’t be in the position they are right now!

Out of interest, how would you fix the broken club? Try to bare in mind that pre chansiri we were already almost failing FFP with losses of 6-7m per season so how do you do it?? 

Did I say it was ?  Just a quick post. And I understand about Life, implying a short response from myself fails because I don't go into painstaking details isn't the best.

And if there's no right way to fix this ??   I disagree.... there's always a right way to fix things, that's how things get fixed.
The deadwood needs to go from the club and we start again. You're correct there.We are carrying too much age, too many injuries ( if we are led to believe )

and contracts that were thrown at players in the hope of securing promotion instantly.

I don't see a quick fix, but a long fix. I do, however, expect DC to come up with a plan to stabilise the club, because at the minute it really is in freefall.

That's not a flounce either. Even if we win the next two games on the bounce, there's still huge problems with the club. And this disaster all ties in nicely

with the arrival of the CEO, that proven club wrecker, and nothing more.

Pre Chansiri doesn't count. Gone, history.... it's NOW that matters. We play and win / die season to season.

This season, it's a mess.

8 minutes ago, quinnssweetshop said:

Did I say it was ?  Just a quick post. And I understand about Life, implying a short response from myself fails because I don't go into painstaking details isn't the best.

And if there's no right way to fix this ??   I disagree.... there's always a right way to fix things, that's how things get fixed.
The deadwood needs to go from the club and we start again. You're correct there.We are carrying too much age, too many injuries ( if we are led to believe )

and contracts that were thrown at players in the hope of securing promotion instantly.

I don't see a quick fix, but a long fix. I do, however, expect DC to come up with a plan to stabilise the club, because at the minute it really is in freefall.

That's not a flounce either. Even if we win the next two games on the bounce, there's still huge problems with the club. And this disaster all ties in nicely

Pre Chansiri doesn't count. Gone, history.... it's NOW that matters. We play and win / die season to season.

Surely you have to be on a wind up? Meire is responsible for the disaster appears to be what you are saying?

IIRC the injury crisis, the signing of players past it on ridiculously long and expensive contracts etc all happened before she arrived, so pray tell how is she responsible for the current crisis, because from what I've seen since her arrival she's about the only one taking sensible steps to improve things?

Unfortunately this age of social media means EVERYONE gets to have their say...............f***wits included, but lets be clear here Snoots, we have a fanbase that is being asked to pay top, top dollar for pretty much everything and their reward for this at present is to be criticized in fans forums for making the players nervous, and having the pleasure of watching turgid, uninspiring and ultimately LOSING performances.

I am guessing if you payed top dollar for a meal that was inedible you would complain and ask for an explanation as to why it happened.

Everything at the moment is a shambles and whilst i fear that a lot of it is unrepairable, some savvy PR and info over the last 18 months COULD have made matters so much better and killed or at least diffused a lot of the hyperbole on here in its tracks.

For example...Almen Abdi stage front pre season for an interview where he details his injury problems , whats being done to remedy them, the possible time frame involved, his own feelings on how frustrated he is etc.

Instead we get mutterings about an "eye" problem or a curt "no news" like yesterday.............i could go on.........George Hirst, Westwood, Hooper, Clare, Lee, the medical staff etc etc..................i mean , we must be the only fans in the country that don`t even know the length of their managers contract for crying out loud.

I am not saying we need to know the minutiae of EVERYTHING , but some clarity, and yes................some RESPECT for the paying fans would be nice !!

51 minutes ago, quinnssweetshop said:

Whilst I agree, one of the things that needs fixing is getting rid of deadwood, where I disagree is that club in my opinion are using a variety of methods to do that. You can’t just dump them and pay up contracts as that’s financial suicide. You can: 

- Offer to other clubs. I assume we are doing this, some times it’s right for both clubs and player... Hunt

- Loan them out to offset wages and in some instances get a loan fee. Rhodes

- Appeal to money motivation to encourage players on good contracts to move for longer, potentially less lucrative ones... I’d guess not playing bigger players that have appearance / incentives in contracts is aimed at this

- Appeal to desires of players wanting to play... similar to above players on nice contracts may give these up for sway of regular footy (Westwood has several times stated he came for football, although I think he stayed for wages!)

The club in my opinion are aggressively trying to get rid of players that rightly or wrongly are no longer considered part of their plans or the future. Many tactics to get rid of them are being used. Some of these tactics if openly announced reduce potential resale value or increase likelyhood of subsidised loans/transfers. 

So so should the club announce tactics to keep bob on owlstalk happy but risk hundreds of thousands or millions of pounds or should they persevere doing the ugly part of football in private and let the supporters concentrate on supporting the future? 

I happen to think it’s the latter, and dwelling in past demanding to know the how, the why etc is just a distraction. It’s a shame that future of club needs a distraction as I’m sure, like many have said if we’d been on 6-7 points right now all of these ‘we need to know’ posters wouldn’t need to know. Instead we’d be arguing about Fessi’s best position or if Jaoa is about to develop.... 

You’re entitled to your opinion buddy, I just think it’s wasted energy, wasted time, wasted worry about things that we don’t control, don’t understand, don’t need to be kept abreast of. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, DJMortimer said:

A lot of it, if people are honest with themselves, is petulant posturing because things aren't going the way they want. It seems to me that in this social media age of impatience, sense of entitlement, attention seeking and semi-permanent rage that the process is accelerating down a hill with no levelling off in sight.

Actually i'd like to have know we were under an umbongo before i decided on a ST or not.

Also, as a fan i don't like being blamed for our current predicament by a chairman from the

other side of the world whose been here 2 minutes and knows SFA about the club, city, the game, when all i've ever done is

support the club Vocally and financially.

1 hour ago, sweetsheri said:

Actually i'd like to have know we were under an umbongo before i decided on a ST or not.

Also, as a fan i don't like being blamed for our current predicament by a chairman from the

other side of the world whose been here 2 minutes and knows SFA about the club, city, the game, when all i've ever done is

support the club Vocally and financially.

Out of interest, would you have still bought the ST if you knew? Is your support both financial and vocal dependent or with caveats that come with it? 

I get that we are frustrated but I'm unsure if our financial situation being good/bad limits our support - it doesn't mine so genuinely intrigued if it does others like yours? 

11 minutes ago, Philb125 said:

Out of interest, would you have still bought the ST if you knew? Is your support both financial and vocal dependent or with caveats that come with it? 

I get that we are frustrated but I'm unsure if our financial situation being good/bad limits our support - it doesn't mine so genuinely intrigued if it does others like yours? 

I'm not sure...

I wasn't going to get one this season because I'm fed up of driving 200 mile round trip and also

my home circumstances dramatically changed..

I caved in though and renewed at the last minute, just to support the club really as i know i won't get to half the games.

I just feel totally out of synch with the club

4 minutes ago, sweetsheri said:

I'm not sure...

I wasn't going to get one this season because I'm fed up of driving 200 mile round trip and also

my home circumstances dramatically changed..

I caved in though and renewed at the last minute, just to support the club really as i know i won't get to half the games.

I just feel totally out of synch with the club

It’s tough to hear and I hope it gets better soon for all of us! 

Id like to think hearing the club need your support now more than before wouldn’t decrease it! In fact probably the contrary! That said you’ve inspired me to buy membership plan as an expat with zero intention of going to support the club. 

I guess every little helps! 

15 minutes ago, Philb125 said:

It’s tough to hear and I hope it gets better soon for all of us! 

Id like to think hearing the club need your support now more than before wouldn’t decrease it! In fact probably the contrary! That said you’ve inspired me to buy membership plan as an expat with zero intention of going to support the club. 

I guess every little helps! 

It's tough though when the owner blames you. I'm hoping what he said was missed i translation somewhere

I renewed with my heart and not my head. I felt quilty, as though i was letting wednesday down! Couldn't forgive myself

so bought it!

Do i regret it - Yes

Will i do it again - Probably

1 minute ago, sweetsheri said:

It's tough though when the owner blames you. I'm hoping what he said was missed i translation somewhere

I renewed with my heart and not my head. I felt quilty, as though i was letting wednesday down! Couldn't forgive myself

so bought it!

Do i regret it - Yes

Will i do it again - Probably

We’re all suckers for punishment. 

I do do think that fans have greater influence on games than they realise, and booing the team to be counterproductive, whilst at euros a few years back it was notable the difference of scared stiff England and their hateful fans (I’m welsh and was still there supporting England except vs us ofcourse) screaming abuse at Stirling and co vs welsh, Irish, N Irish fans that cheered for 90 mins win lose or draw. 

I’m fairly certain our expectations got better of some of us and our frustrations that are noticeably heard by players will only add to their stuttering form.

That said it’s not the only reason, it’s not even the major reason why we are on our behinds with a squad of players that either don’t play, won’t play or can’t play! 

This season likely to be a bad one and next I fear be worse still! But we’ll still be here I’m sure of that!  

4 hours ago, Utah Owl said:

Surely you have to be on a wind up? Meire is responsible for the disaster appears to be what you are saying?

IIRC the injury crisis, the signing of players past it on ridiculously long and expensive contracts etc all happened before she arrived, so pray tell how is she responsible for the current crisis, because from what I've seen since her arrival she's about the only one taking sensible steps to improve things?

you said it... it APPEARS... to you.

She's one of many, she's the CEO and it's gone to pot, so who else are you blaming for the CURRENT mess ?

4 hours ago, Philb125 said:

Whilst I agree, one of the things that needs fixing is getting rid of deadwood, where I disagree is that club in my opinion are using a variety of methods to do that. You can’t just dump them and pay up contracts as that’s financial suicide. You can: 

- Offer to other clubs. I assume we are doing this, some times it’s right for both clubs and player... Hunt

- Loan them out to offset wages and in some instances get a loan fee. Rhodes

- Appeal to money motivation to encourage players on good contracts to move for longer, potentially less lucrative ones... I’d guess not playing bigger players that have appearance / incentives in contracts is aimed at this

- Appeal to desires of players wanting to play... similar to above players on nice contracts may give these up for sway of regular footy (Westwood has several times stated he came for football, although I think he stayed for wages!)

The club in my opinion are aggressively trying to get rid of players that rightly or wrongly are no longer considered part of their plans or the future. Many tactics to get rid of them are being used. Some of these tactics if openly announced reduce potential resale value or increase likelyhood of subsidised loans/transfers. 

So so should the club announce tactics to keep bob on owlstalk happy but risk hundreds of thousands or millions of pounds or should they persevere doing the ugly part of football in private and let the supporters concentrate on supporting the future? 

I happen to think it’s the latter, and dwelling in past demanding to know the how, the why etc is just a distraction. It’s a shame that future of club needs a distraction as I’m sure, like many have said if we’d been on 6-7 points right now all of these ‘we need to know’ posters wouldn’t need to know. Instead we’d be arguing about Fessi’s best position or if Jaoa is about to develop.... 

You’re entitled to your opinion buddy, I just think it’s wasted energy, wasted time, wasted worry about things that we don’t control, don’t understand, don’t need to be kept abreast of. 

It's a well written response, thanks, and I appreciate what you are saying and agree with much of it. I do think, however, that fans do have the right to know what's going on. The westwood situation is a prime example, where you see
one of our best assets to the playing game,  side lined.  people who pay good money, should be able to question that.

But thanks, you put together that point very well, it's much appreciated.

9 hours ago, quinnssweetshop said:

you said it... it APPEARS... to you.

She's one of many, she's the CEO and it's gone to pot, so who else are you blaming for the CURRENT mess ?

DC no one else. Meire has inherited the mess, not created it.

On 22/08/2018 at 05:47, Lord Snooty said:

Well, this is something that we've all been saying for a while.

Clearly he doesn't really know.

We've known that for a while.

But would him coming out and saying "Don't know what I'm doing lads"

actually make anyone feel better?

"Good, I'm glad he's admitted it. I can get on with watching and focusing on the game now" 

See what I mean?

Accepting you have a problem is the first step in fixing it. 

Chansiri is still living in denial. 

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, quinnssweetshop said:

She may have inherited it....she's been here over a year, and under her stewardship, it's gotten worse... it's not going so well. O.k, we had a win. But there's still lots going on that's not right.

Try getting your facts right! She joined us at the end of December, that's not even 8 months yet!

Answer this one, how many of the contracts that have caused our financial problems has she been responsible for? How many players has she been responsible for signing? In the period since she joined has our overall monthly spend increased or decreased? Given the departures of Wallace, Loosens, Hunt and Rhodes I would suggest it has decreased considerably which has probably enabled us to come out of Embargo. Quite to the contrary of your assertion our financial situation (whilst still not good) has improved under her tenure.

So tell me what is your issue with her? Is it the baggage that came with her from Charlton or is it purely that you are an old school misogynist and women have no place in football?