We need to know

11 minutes ago, alan48 said:

You'll upset people even more on here being jolly . That aside , I'm with you . It makes not a blind bit of difference what we think . D C does things in his own way which appears quite dismissive to us . Maybe this is something to do with his own culture and the way he has built his business . I still dont think he understands the British football culture and history and that severely limits the ability he has to conduct his football business .

I agree totally.  The Chairman has made some utterly bizarre decisions.

The ticket pricing I think has been absolutely dreadful and I genuinly think runs the risk of entirely destroying any potential future POTG'ers for years to come. Potentially , without being too dramatic,  forever.

But having STs only seems to be an ideal to which a lot of clubs seem to be striving. It's a take it or leave it policy. Hes been quite upfront about that. I've been vocal in my opposition to it. But it is what it is. And is likely here to stay.  

The answers aren't always what people want to hear on many subjects. 

I think there is a huge cultural issue. This is still a Northern English working class city  (in terms of its football fan bases). 

I don't think anyone in his position could understand the people unless he was a poor boy made good. And even then, coming from another country would still mean differences and clashes. 

I don't think he means bad.How could he. Why would he. He'd lose put more than most. He clearly does need help, and to be fair to the man he tried to get some. It's unfortunate that he was seemingly taken in by a group of shysters. 

Some of the questions though (away from the genuinly pertinent ones like ticket prices) I don't know would bring people any satisfaction. 

I mean I'd DC  came out and said "I've set Jos on because he was unemployed and available" would that change anything?

Would people feel better? Or think- "Good now the truths put I can concentrate on seeing how Thorniley develops" 

I'm just not sure how the answers to some of the questions would help in anyway. Other than  to give people the opportunity to say. "Knew it!

• Like 1

Ok. Today! In my role i was called into question.

This is poo that is poo. We will be hit with LD's what are you going to do to resolve it? The LD's are more than an Abdi broken toe nail and could sink the company.

I would like a recovery plan like I have to give to a big multi-national tomorrow by mid-day. A family business where owner is in top 200 richest ppl. Swiss never going to part with his billions.

What i'm generally saying is a bit of accountability and humillity would be good. I have to fess up where i have fizzed up tomorrow and could invariably cost me my job.

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Dalian said:

Ok. Today! In my role i was called into question.

This is poo that is poo. We will be hit with LD's what are you going to do to resolve it? The LD's are more than an Abdi broken toe nail and could sink the company.

I would like a recovery plan like I have to give to a big multi-national tomorrow by mid-day. A family business where owner is in top 200 richest ppl. Swiss never going to part with his billions.

What i'm generally saying is a bit of accountability and humillity would be good. I have to fess up where i have fizzed up tomorrow and could invariably cost me my job.

Accountability.  I get. Balls ups means trouble. 

In your case you could lose your job (Hope you don't by the way)

But the people demanding answers from you I presume are actually in charge of the whole shebang?

In our situation it's the other way around isn't it?

We're demanding answers ...and still won't be able to do anything about it. 

Unless 20,000 people hurl their season tickets on the pitch if answers aren't forthcoming.

Good luck tomorrow.

Mind. You might not get anymore sympathy here. We don't like f*ck ups!..

• Thanks 1

It maybe that the Internet gives everyone the opportunity to blow off steam or voice an opinion on Wednesday. Unfortunately it seams everything is open to be torn down after two bad results, and the last twenty years haven't really justified this kind of response have they?

Like wise off the field think of all the great Managers and Chairman we've had over the last twenty years. They were all completely transparent weren't they? Maybe this is the point, our fans have been conditioned to a natural outlook of crisis. Even when Mr C was burning millions on new transfers there were questions over ownership of the players. We always assume there's a catch, we always assume somone is pulling a fast one or they don't know what they are doing. 

The truth is its likely to be far more complicated and I'm sure the situation would be worse if it started airing it's dirty linnen in public. That's why I think Bannan allegedly criticising the manager during the Brentford game is the most damaging story this week. Some things are better discussed in private. That situation assuming is true help anyone. 

As for the media and social media that surrounds Wednesday, its like a self entangled negative feedback loop. A ethernet Hurricane of negs. My fear is the effect that this collective consciousness has in the stadium during games

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Ozymandias Owl said:

My fear is the effect that this collective consciousness has in the stadium during games

I do think that actually happens. (Not blaming Owlstalk here!)  But all of it. Facebook. Twitter. 

Even youtube. I saw a rolling comments section today on the press conference and it was live abuse.

13 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

But the people demanding answers from you I presume are actually in charge of the whole shebang?

Unless 20,000 people hurl their season tickets on the pitch if answers aren't forthcoming.

Good luck tomorrow.

I guess that's the point although we are the club, we are not owners of the financial entity which is the club. As fans we've never had a say on the finances and why should we? On the whole its not our money invested in the club. We were crying out for "investment" and now we have it we're demanding the main investor shouldn't have the opportunity to run the club how he sees it. 

And I do understand that the prices have shot up as part of the plan, but with out him none of the potential for success would be there. 

2 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

Even youtube. I saw a rolling comments section today on the press conference and it was live abuse.

The lack of moderation on YouTube is incredible. Just about anything is allowed there, no matter how abusive or tasteless. And some of the harmless, random videos that inspires this torrent is just as bemusing.

1 minute ago, Lord Snooty said:

I do think that actually happens. (Not blaming Owlstalk here!)  But all of it. Facebook. Twitter. 

Televised live abuse, that would never catch on.... 

Oh wait a minute, what's on Box nation?

It's not just social media though, it's the old media as well including the Star and RS. The old media still have the biggest voices, but they lap it all up after they create the negative sound bites in the first place. 

You've got to feal for Jos, Carlos and Mr C. They come over here and English is their second language and the local press are constantly trying to get one over on them so they can fuel the media hurricane further. 

6 minutes ago, DJMortimer said:

The lack of moderation on YouTube is incredible. Just about anything is allowed there, no matter how abusive or tasteless. And some of the harmless, random videos that inspires this torrent is just as bemusing.

Yes quite an interesting world you tube. If you want to televise filth and abuse its OK, but if you start making films on politics and questioning the official nonsense governments and main stream media come up with your channels now get shut down. 

36 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

Good luck tomorrow.

Accountability and humility from the top. I have actually done very little wrong but am at a level that if everyone plays a blame game the handgrenade is stuck in my trench.

What would be refreshing is a hands up approach. 

I too hope i don't lose my job but us cleaners are ten a penny. Whatever that used to mean.

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Dalian said:

Accountability and humility from the top. I have actually done very little wrong but am at a level that if everyone plays a blame game the handgrenade is stuck in my trench.

What would be refreshing is a hands up approach. 

I too hope i don't lose my job but us cleaners are ten a penny. Whatever that used to mean.

If its any consolation. I think Liam Palmer and Nuhiu are in your trench with you.

I hope Chanseri can take Owlstalk and other social media for what it is - a place for people to sound off about things they're frustrated about. If he took every comment on here to heart then he'd be suicidal, but someone needs to take him aside and advise him to take things with a pinch of salt. 

That's not to say people don't have valid points on here, but it seems we've now reached the tipping point where everything is Chanseri's fault in some people's eyes. 

He's made mistakes for sure, and to be honest, I don't go to games as much as I used to because of the pricing, but I think we should be careful what we wish for. He's a very wealthy man, with an ambition to see Wednesday in the premier league. That shouldn't be underestimated. 

For me, that is the hard thing to find. You can hire advisors to get around the FFP rules, but you can't recruit a chairman with 10s of millions burning a hole in his pocket by placing an advert in the star.

When this forum was up in arms because we'd spent our last 350k on David Graham, I wouldn't have believed we'd be arguing about whether we should have spent 10m on Jordan Rhodes on not. 

He gambled, we were 90 mins away from the premier league, but it didn't come off. Now we have to take our medicine, but let's not throw the baby out with the bath water. 

• Thanks 2

DC says he wants to be honest and open yet clearly has not been or to put it another way he omitts certain truths.

He rants about how poor the support has been but then says the team needs the fans now more than ever. I agree with him turning up in numbers is not enough and at times we should be more vocal, but surely he knows enough about the wednesday fan base now to realise that we are not exactly a bunch of shrinking violets and many will call it how they see it (rightly or wrongly i may add) but Sheffield to me has always been a tough city with people who speak their mind. 

If as supporters we are told to back "the direction of the club" pay a premium to watch and help support the club financially amd we have to as he can do no more its now on us fine, I just think many would like to know what they are paying for is all. If it was marketed as pay to watch the football and dont ask questions fine but it has never been that in his time here and he is open to questions, so people are using that sense of entitlement to do so. 

Do i think our fan base is too involved in the running of our club YES and there are many ways to skin a cat so to speak. It is however the chairman who asked and allows for it so we will always try to take a mile as for us fans it is emotional not rational. I do think an honest discussion about how we are going to get out of a widly discussed 12 million pound hole for starters would be a great opening on Friday. Transparency at a football club is not a bad thing but sadly for DC you have to be "all in" with it not pick and choose if he would like an easier ride than what he's having at the minute amongst a section of our fan base.

For the record i think DC has transformed many aspects of this club for the better and under his ownership ive seen us play some sparkling football and have some fantastic players. I have also actually enjoyed many transfer windows wondering who we are going to sign and how they are going to strengthen us. (With hidnsight this is hillarious but at the time it was fun) However (and it isnt all about the money) i now have to select the games i come up to attend as a matchday sets me back around 80-100 pounds rather than the 50-60 it used to, I havent brought a shirt since the price went up to plus 50 quid and that tradition died 3 seasons ago something that was lifelong in our fanily since my dad and grandad took me to my first game. Apart from 1 season arguably 2 seasons if we are looking at league position the odd game here and there over the last 18 months in two years ive not actually enjoyed watching much of the football on offer. I enjoy results but not really the way we play. This is obviously down to the headcoach but DC selects him. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I don't get what there is to know that we don't already.

I gambled 50 million quids of my own money

It went apeshyte

The ffp guys got the dolls on

I can only get new players on loan and can't pay em more than 10k per week

I can't sell players cos nobody wants em or they won't move

Debts are mounting every week

In March the ffp guys will get further dolls on

If we don't sell Bannan and FF in Jan, the ffp guys will get massive dolls on

If we do sell em we will be relegated.

Let me know what to do please

2 hours ago, Lord Snooty said:

...because. ..

Because of what exactly. ...I find myself pondering. 

That's what I don't get really. I'm sure some people take more interest than others in old the field activities. 

But the calls for 'The facts' and for 'transparency'. For the answers. 

What - and I genuinly mean this and am not being facetious- (this time) difference will it make to you?

Will it make you care less if you don't find out?

Will it make you care less if you do find out? 

Will you still not be happy because you don't belive the answers (which has been a popular topic after the Chairman's fans forums, steering meetings and Q&A statements) ?

Is it a modern trait to want answers , nay demand answers?

I'm mainly a football man so have to be honest the other stuff...comes and goes in waves. 

Lastly. 

My biggest question if by some miracle we'd actually won the first three games...(I know, I know- theoretical question) .would you be as upset, or even bothered at all about answers we want?

---------

Ok this is my serious post. 

Back to the normal stuff in others threads now.

The Carlos era hangover is akin to 2 weeks on the source in Benidorm and a positive STD test upon your return back to earth. The first night was a belter but no matter how much you spent it would be impossible to create again. You got lucky.

Difficult to come to terms with but now the Club are starting to acknowledge failings it will eventually improve notwithstanding a lot of trust to be regained in the relationship between the club and the fans.

We are at our lowest point (league and morale) since Chansiri took over and I don't think the latter is just a result of the 1st 3 league games. There would still be big question marks over several aspects of the club and many fans might rightly feel neglected.

The only thing left we can attempt to positively influence is the support we give the team, the family. Difficult to do so when you've been let down but counter productive if you don't.

It is horrible being a fan, always the last to know and the 1st to suffer.

In my opinion the very least the Club should be doing now is making every effort to inform the fans honestly on all the basic things that matter to them, failure to do so breeds more lack of trust and more cynicism. Sometimes it is ok to make mistakes as long as you acknowledge them but if you keep repeating them someone is going to walk out on that relationship.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Lord Snooty said:

Good luck tomorrow.

It's not just about accountability. Earlier u spoke about transparency... That just means honesty. If the fans knew the plan, the strategy, the next move, then there would be no speculation or discussion. When someone is open and honest and says "look, I tried this and thought it would help and work, but it didn't, so now we will try this"..... Then it removes doubt, suspicion, controversy etc. Then people know, don't have to guess, respect the honesty, and feel that despite having no control over it, they at least know exactly what's going on... 

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Windygrowler said:

It's not just about accountability. Earlier u spoke about transparency... That just means honesty. If the fans knew the plan, the strategy, the next move, then there would be no speculation or discussion. When someone is open and honest and says "look, I tried this and thought it would help and work, but it didn't, so now we will try this"..... Then it removes doubt, suspicion, controversy etc. Then people know, don't have to guess, respect the honesty, and feel that despite having no control over it, they at least know exactly what's going on... 

Would they respect the honesty though. If it wasn't what they wanted?

I get , to an extent the thing about at least knowing exactly what's going on.

But will it really make anyone feel better if DC comes out and says "I've splurged the cash. Now we can't spend. And there is no plan 'B'. We're going to have to wing it" for example. It'd be just more meltdowns wouldn't it? 

7 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

But will it really make anyone feel better if DC comes out and says "I've splurged the cash. Now we can't spend. And there is no plan 'B'. We're going to have to wing it" for example. It'd be just more meltdowns wouldn't it? 

Maybe you're right. But if people think they might not like the answer, then perhaps they shouldn't ask the question that they might not like the answer to.. 

22 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

If all the cards were on the table, Chansiri acknowledged some obvious mistakes and said we needed to rebuild this season and beyond, which is obviously what we need to do, I don't think there wouldn't be as many grumblings.

We, the fans, can all see that we are struggling off the pitch and then on the pitch as a result. Many of us are prepared for the worst so it in fact might help if it felt like Chansiri joined us in the trenches in what will be a difficult season and said something like 'I fooked it up but rest assured I intend to fix this, whilst my commitment is more financial it is in some ways equivalent to your emotional investment in the club, here is the plan and my number one priority is to find the people to help me deliver it'

Much of the problem in my opinion comes from Chansiri saying our aim is promotion this season and we are in serious trouble IF we don't achieve it. Most fans, with more football knowledge than him know that we have no chance of getting promotion this season and it makes him remain to look relatively clueless. Now is the time to hold your hands up and say I got it wrong but join me in getting it right.

• Like 1