We need to know

...because. ..

Because of what exactly. ...I find myself pondering. 

That's what I don't get really. I'm sure some people take more interest than others in old the field activities. 

But the calls for 'The facts' and for 'transparency'. For the answers. 

What - and I genuinly mean this and am not being facetious- (this time) difference will it make to you?

Will it make you care less if you don't find out?

Will it make you care less if you do find out? 

Will you still not be happy because you don't belive the answers (which has been a popular topic after the Chairman's fans forums, steering meetings and Q&A statements) ?

Is it a modern trait to want answers , nay demand answers?

I'm mainly a football man so have to be honest the other stuff...comes and goes in waves. 

Lastly. 

My biggest question if by some miracle we'd actually won the first three games...(I know, I know- theoretical question) .would you be as upset, or even bothered at all about answers we want?

---------

Ok this is my serious post. 

Back to the normal stuff in others threads now.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, Ever the pessimist said:

I think it would suggest the owner / ceo knew what they were doing and were in control of situations.

Plus would make fans feel more part of the club. 

Well, this is something that we've all been saying for a while.

Clearly he doesn't really know.

We've known that for a while.

But would him coming out and saying "Don't know what I'm doing lads"

actually make anyone feel better?

"Good, I'm glad he's admitted it. I can get on with watching and focusing on the game now" 

See what I mean?

• Like 2

A lot of it, if people are honest with themselves, is petulant posturing because things aren't going the way they want. It seems to me that in this social media age of impatience, sense of entitlement, attention seeking and semi-permanent rage that the process is accelerating down a hill with no levelling off in sight.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

Well, this is something that we've all been saying for a while.

Clearly he doesn't really know.

We've known that for a while.

But would him coming out and saying "Don't know what I'm doing lads"

actually make anyone feel better?

"Good, I'm glad he's admitted it. I can get on with watching and focusing on the game now" 

See what I mean?

Fair point. But even communicating the injury situations etc would give some semblance of control.

13 minutes ago, deano said:

The need to know is because people care, most sound minded people know they cant do a thing about it but its human nature when one has an emotional investment. 

See that I get. Understand. The emotional attachment. 

To the club. The imagery. To the memories.To the team.

We all recall I'm sure Pleat phasing Sheridan out. 

We shouted at the manager in the dugout. 

But I don't recall us demanding the Chairman told us why the manager hadn't picked him. 

There's just something at the moment I can't put my finger on. 

As I've said in another post, I do wonder if the cult of the online world has taken over. That things become bigger in some online collective consciousness,  like some form of mania. A need for interaction. For drama in the etha

Edited by Lord Snooty

I don't give a fig what info comes out the club coz theres bugger all I can do about the situation but he was very quick to tell everyone the good news when he arrived that he'd spend whatever it takes to get us promoted so can understand why some would think he should give us the bad news that he cant ……. 

9 minutes ago, Ever the pessimist said:

But even communicating the injury situations etc would give some semblance of control.

Would it?

So if we were told Van Aken and Hooper might be back in a month, Lee at Christmas and Abdi hopefully for a couple of weeks in 2056, then what?

I'd like to know why you've  now gone for your grammar school picture from your early days . I rather liked the dignified monocled version . Is this you wanting to retreat back to more successful times just like Wednesday in the 30s? 

5 minutes ago, torryowl said:

I don't give a fig what info comes out the club coz theres bugger all I can do about the situation but he was very quick to tell everyone the good news when he arrived that he'd spend whatever it takes to get us promoted so can understand why some would think he should give us the bad news that he cant ……. 

Excellent point Torry.  Little anyone can do. 

I did think from day one there should have been a little bit less fanfare. 

Not the way I'd have done things. But each to their own.

And to be honest, many people were lapping it up. 

Again...it comes back to off field drama. 

Is there more interest in that side of things than there used to be in previous times?

Has the world becoming a smaller place because of instant communication affected the game and cast such a spotlight on it that it has now to become an all singing and dancing 24 hours a day 7 days a week drama..where the football is only a back drop?

6 minutes ago, alan48 said:

I'd like to know why you've  now gone for your grammar school picture from your early days . I rather liked the dignified monocled version . Is this you wanting to retreat back to more successful times just like Wednesday in the 30s? 

Just thought I'd go for a more jolly portrait as things have been pretty glum around here of late!

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, DJMortimer said:

A lot of it, if people are honest with themselves, is petulant posturing because things aren't going the way they want. It seems to me that in this social media age of impatience, sense of entitlement, attention seeking and semi-permanent rage that the process is accelerating down a hill with no levelling off in sight.

Come on!! Why are you going out of your way to belittle our fan base.

He is the current custodian of our football club, people have had negative views on his stewardship for over 18 months.

Don't patronise us like stroppy little kids when the majority can see that the decisions made over the last two seasons...with subsequent blame put on the fans in certain respects from DC have been poor to say the least.

He has gambled and we have come up short...with seemingly no contingency plan in place. That’s why there is frustration across the fan base. 

Genuine worry for what comes next from most.....hardly petulance.

You'll upset people even more on here being jolly . That aside , I'm with you . It makes not a blind bit of difference what we think . D C does things in his own way which appears quite dismissive to us . Maybe this is something to do with his own culture and the way he has built his business . I still dont think he understands the British football culture and history and that severely limits the ability he has to conduct his football business .

6 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

Excellent point Torry.  Little anyone can do. 

I did think from day one there should have been a little bit less fanfare. 

Not the way I'd have done things. But each to their own.

And to be honest, many people were lapping it up. 

Again...it comes back to off field drama. 

Is there more interest in that side of things than there used to be in previous times?

Has the world becoming a smaller place because of instant communication affected the game and cast such a spotlight on it that it has now to become an all singing and dancing 24 hours a day 7 days a week drama..where the football is only a back drop?

You'd have got your butler to deal with everything, surely?!

Just now, Box_Man said:

Come on!! Why are you going out of your way to belittle our fan base.

He is the current custodian of our football club, people have had negative views on his stewardship for over 18 months.

Don't patronise us like stroppy little kids when the majority can see that the decisions made over the last two seasons...with subsequent blame put on the fans in certain respects from DC have been poor to say the least.

He has gambled and we have come up short...with seemingly no contingency plan in place. That’s why there is frustration across the fan base. 

Genuine worry for what comes next from most.....hardly petulance.

There has been a good deal of constructive criticism... including plenty from me. I'm certainly not giving the chairman carte blanche here. The reckless gamble you refer to above is right at the top of the list for justified criticism. I have no problem with that.

But the majority is just the same old braying that is almost ceaseless and as such loses a good deal of any potential impact. And it's by no means restricted to just this club in this situation. It's basically constant somewhere around the league. Some of it is utterly ridiculous or even patently false and it all gets a bit tiresome.

That... and I'm something of a grumpy old misanthrope anyway.

:biggrin:

18 minutes ago, DJMortimer said:

Would it?

So if we were told Van Aken and Hooper might be back in a month, Lee at Christmas and Abdi hopefully for a couple of weeks in 2056, then what?

Then you would know that the club are lying about how soon Abdi will be back playing.

Edited by ChinaOwl
  • Haha 1