Almen ad thi pants down

When he has been on the pitch he has looked half decent, (yes i know it hasn't been often) He took the wee against Forest on boxing day and i've seen other flickers of him being a good footballer. Can't some of you just accept that he's been unlucky A, with Carlos shoeing him in to the wrong position and B, injuries. It happens I'm sure he's as upset as anyone, its a short career and he's missed a lot of it. And yes i know he earns in a week what we earn in a year.

Give the lad a break, i'm absolutely positive he's not doing it on purpose. 

"Wish I was paid X amount for sitting on my arris. Best job in the world" etc etc.

He has proved a bad signing and a terrible waste of money.

And I might stand alone here...but being an injured footballer must be awful .

Yes, there's the money softening the blow.

But imagine having the best job in the world. A job that millions of people up and down the country actually pay subs to do.  and not being able to do it.

Spending hour after hour sat on physio tables, going for scans, sat in the gym on a bycicle going nowhere while the other lads are out on the preactise pitch smashing a ball about.

Saturday afternoon. Match day. Swimming in the morning. Shopping with her indoors in the afternoon. Weights. Another physio session.

Urrgh. 

Sounds like hell to me.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, peacock1961 said:

When he has been on the pitch he has looked half decent, (yes i know it hasn't been often) He took the wee against Forest on boxing day and i've seen other flickers of him being a good footballer. Can't some of you just accept that he's been unlucky A, with Carlos shoeing him in to the wrong position and B, injuries. It happens I'm sure he's as upset as anyone, its a short career and he's missed a lot of it. And yes i know he earns in a week what we earn in a year.

c. 900 minutes of league football. He joined us at the end of July 2016... for sake of argument we'll say Thursday 26th July. 106 weeks ago today. 

Assume wages of £25k (Assume more, but I'm being generous), that's £2.65 million he's earned at this football club. Or putting it another way, £2944 for every minute he's been on a football pitch in a Wednesday shirt. And that's being conservative with his wage estimates. 

Or, to put it another way... our Kop holds 11,200. In reality it won't be full Saturday, so I want you to imagine looking out at it and seeing c.10,000 people there. Imagine half of those people have a full-priced adult season ticket. Those 5,000 people each paying over £500 have paid for the wages Abdi has taken from this club so far into his contract. For about 10 full games' worth of footie. In two years.

He isn't getting a break from me. I'm sure he won't care though. 

Edited by StudentOwl
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, peacock1961 said:

How many times has he been on the pitch.. the only game I can recal recently was Forrest.. and did he start or was he a sub.. that’s 1 game in 2 years.. got 1 bang for our bucks. A worldly at forrestForrest

Guest Willow Owl
1 minute ago, Minton said:

Where has this new injury information come from? I haven't seen anything is all.

Hamstring i believe. Hasn't trained for three week. Next week its a dislocated boot lace. FFS

Guest Kameron

Whoever decided we should sign him wants fu king with a melon covered in Ralgex.  He's started 127 games in 9 years, that's on average 14 games per season.  He'd never commanded a transfer fee until we paid Watford 3 million pounds, I bet their chairman is till pi ssing himself laughing now.  We have made some truly shocking signings over the years but this takes some beating.

1 minute ago, Willow Owl said:

Hamstring i believe. Hasn't trained for three week. Next week its a dislocated boot lace. FFS

So it's old injury information then, the one we already knew about 

Guest Kameron
4 minutes ago, PuntItLikeDielna said:

Yes, of course he chooses to be injured, nice one Owlstalk hivemind

Good Evening Almen.