Wednesday TV

I watched on ifollow yesterday, the picture quality was ok, the commentary not so good.

Maybe the time has come for our own TV channel.

I'm currently watching Hibs v Motherwell on Hibs TV and the quality is 10 times better than ifollow.

IMG_20180805_151951.jpg.3e01a0d990b402bd3cfa9e337525903c.jpg

21 minutes ago, keefdave said:

I watched on ifollow yesterday, the picture quality was ok, the commentary not so good.

Maybe the time has come for our own TV channel.

I'm currently watching Hibs v Motherwell on Hibs TV and the quality is 10 times better than ifollow.

IMG_20180805_151951.jpg.3e01a0d990b402bd3cfa9e337525903c.jpg

I ain't paying £50 per game for Chansiri tv.

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Personally, I can't wait for...

NorthStanders - A serialized soap following the exploits and misadventures of a group of Wednesday fans as they navigate the pubs, betting shops and burger vans of Hillsborough in the frenetic hours before kickoff.

Wednesday's Got Talent - Owls fans from around the globe descend on Hillsborough Park to perform a dazzling array of acts in front of a live audience dragged out of the local boozers. Featuring Regi Blinker, Guylain Ndumbu-Nsungu and Peter Atherton as judges.

Twin Beaks - Ozzie and Ollie Owl's investigation into the mysterious death of Barney Owl soon draws them into a frightening and disorienting world of backwards-talking kit-men, log-carrying tea ladies and damn fine cups of Bovril.

Embarrassing Bodies - Ex-Owl Michael Gray takes to the Kop to offer fitness and lifestyle advice to Wednesday fans of all shapes and sizes.

8 Out Of 10 Owls - An irreverent comedy panel game hosted by Gordon Watson. Led by team captains Kevin Pressman and Chris Bart-Williams, a rotating cast of Wednesday stars past and present tackle a series of statistical conundrums based on polls of the Wednesday fanbase.

Pointless - Nigel Jemson provides live updates on Rotherham United's latest exploits in the Championship.

Casualty - A drama series following the travails of a sometime footballer as he passes through various medical establishments seeking respite from assorted ailments, scrapes and injuries. Starring Dominic West as Almen Abdi.

I would actually watch all of those!

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

If Chansiri is looking for a Director of Content, I'd be happy to meet for an interview.

I'd want an executive box and parity with Fletcher's wage, though.

Paid for the privilege?! 

More likely...

"In an exciting new venture Wednesday fans can take control of Wednesday TV and be in charge of all content on game day!

This new 3 hour matchday experience opportunity is available for just £9000 plus VAT "

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

I think SWFC TV is a great idea

id probably wait till the next Chairman tho 

I fear the pricing 

Didn't you do a tv thing a few years ago ?

Not your Coranation Street debut, I mean pre match interviews and stuff ?

9 minutes ago, Mr Farrell said:

Didn't you do a tv thing a few years ago ?

Not your Coranation Street debut, I mean pre match interviews and stuff ?

Yeah - it was just a real basic thing that we did (kind of like Arsenal TV but without the swearing)

Trevor Braithwaite at the club (still at the club) was instrumental to that happening and really supportive. 

It was a free thing we did for a while to see if we could formulate some kind of workable format in a style that might work. Sadly we had no real presenter at the time which was our weakness, and then things got a bit crappy on the pitch so the feedback from fans on the interviews wasn't always positive.

I had to clear off on tour with bands at weekends so sadly wasnt in Sheffield at weekends anymore and so couldn't continue but was fun at the time

Arsenal TV now is HUGE and I expect more of these kind of things to crop/pop up

Owlstalk Shop

6 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Yeah - it was just a real basic thing that we did (kind of like Arsenal TV but without the swearing)

Trevor Braithwaite at the club (still at the club) was instrumental to that happening and really supportive. 

It was a free thing we did for a while to see if we could formulate some kind of workable format in a style that might work. Sadly we had no real presenter at the time which was our weakness, and then things got a bit crappy on the pitch so the feedback from fans on the interviews wasn't always positive.

I had to clear off on tour with bands at weekends so sadly wasnt in Sheffield at weekends anymore and so couldn't continue but was fun at the time

Arsenal TV now is HUGE and I expect more of these kind of things to crop/pop up

A definite opportunity there somewhere.

• Like 1