1 hour ago, casbahowl said:

In my 50 years of watching Wednesday he is by far and away the most consistently awful player ever to pull on a Wednesday shirt!

Put him and us out of his misery now !

He has some good points for sure

However, putting his body on the line is not one of them

I could scream!!!!!

Were Reach and Pelepessy on the pitch today - if so , sorry , I didn't notice them , but at least they can say they didn't make any mistakes .Probably 'cos they never tackled , never ran and never wanted the ball .At least Palmer tries a bit .

I'd made my mind up to lay off Liam this season & give him a fair chance, going forward he appears to have been our main outlet in pre-season for creating chances.

I've just watched the goals from today, he might not be the only one at fault for the build up for the first 2 but he could easily have put in a challenge on the goal scorer for both but showed no willingness or bravery to put himself on the line. For the 1st goal he'd done all the hard work & chased back from the opposition box but when it came down to the nitty gritty he wasn't interested. 

He might not have been the worst man on the pitch but his lack of a challenge for the first 2 goals was appaling. I don't care if he's one of our own & come through the ranks, it doesn't give him an excuse to bottle it at vital moments. You'd think somebody who's come through the ranks would have more passion for the club & more likely than others to put his body on the line.

No doubt the Liam is one of us he can do no wrong fan club will have a dig but his deficiencies were plain to see yet again.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Blue and white said:

You know all is not well when you have players the caliber of Palmer that are the first choice RWB. Should be no more than a back up player at best.

We do not have good enough wing backs to play 3-5-2 

• Like 1

Liam Palmer will probabaly be just as surprised as we are that he’s still at the club this season, if we wasn’t in this predicament we all know he would have been sold this summer , and the lad himself probably wanted a fresh challenge aswell

he will know he’s not an ideal first choice, but you know what the lad is one of our own and has put 100% effort in over 100’s of games for this football club, so instead of ripping him limb for limb and feeding him to the dogs any chance of showing the lad a bit of respect and supporting him while he’s wearing the shirt ?     The way we attack our own players absolutely infuriates me 

12 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

Liam Palmer will probabaly be just as surprised as we are that he’s still at the club this season, if we wasn’t in this predicament we all know he would have been sold this summer , and the lad himself probably wanted a fresh challenge aswell

he will know he’s not an ideal first choice, but you know what the lad is one of our own and has put 100% effort in over 100’s of games for this football club, so instead of ripping him limb for limb and feeding him to the dogs any chance of showing the lad a bit of respect and supporting him while he’s wearing the shirt ?     The way we attack our own players absolutely infuriates me 

He's lazy and bottles challenges how is that 100% effort?

Has he become a scapegoat yes, has he been good enough for the past 3 seasons no. Could he do a job of filling in when Hunt was injured arguably.

The way I sum up today for Liam was like when a sunday league team is short of a player in defence so they ask someones mate to fill in, he was genuinley that bad and it is not a one off.

It is what it is with Palmer and any of us expecting any different need to just stop and realise that is simply him. At times today I just felt sorry for him as you can not fault him for trying as ridiculous as that sounds for a proffesional footballer. He just does not read games, does not sniff out danger, doesnt track runners and is in way over his head. 

We have a young kid in Ash Baker in the wings, I would rather us try with him let him attempt to develop and learn in this team, we know what Palmer "offers" he has had his shot for me and has squeezed out a very good living playing for this football club and not actually doing much to prove his worth for the division we are in. As fans I beleive we would have more patience in Baker than we ever will with Palmer i am not saying if he makes a mistake everyone will just forgive and forget but its easier to talk people down off the cliff if a young kid is learning. By the end of the season I would imagine Baker has made that spot his own providing we are actually under an embargo. 

Edited by matt_johno43
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, s6 owl said:

He's lazy and bottles challenges how is that 100% effort?

He’s far from lazy,  does he read games well enough ? Probably not 

But he’s the scapegoat Isn’t he so let’s carry on ripping him

15 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

I'll always support anybody that wears the shirt but look at the first 2 goals today & see if the bit in bold holds up.

14 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

He’s far from lazy,  does he read games well enough ? Probably not 

But he’s the scapegoat Isn’t he so let’s carry on ripping him

Come on watch him closely just for one game and then come back and tell me if you really believe that.

12 minutes ago, s6 owl said:

Come on watch him closely just for one game and then come back and tell me if you really believe that.

I’ve watched him countless times, and I’ve seen the goals from today 

he isn’t lazy, his situational awareness and reading of the game is absolutely stinking , I’m not saying he’s good enough he’s far from it ... but he does not deserve to be absolutely ridiculed by his own fans 

13 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

I’ve watched him countless times, and I’ve seen the goals from today 

he isn’t lazy, his situational awareness and reading of the game is absolutely stinking , I’m not saying he’s good enough he’s far from it ... but he does not deserve to be absolutely ridiculed by his own fans 

Why not, everybody else who's not good enough is. It comes with the territory of earning thousands of pounds a week doing something we'd all give our right arms to be doing.