23 minutes ago, terryowl said:

Just seen the goals on Sky sports news and first 2 goals Palmer should have put in a challenge. He just let the Wigan player take a shot.

Very poor.

You know all is not well when you have players the caliber of Palmer that are the first choice RWB. Should be no more than a back up player at best.

24 minutes ago, terryowl said:

Just seen the goals on Sky sports news and first 2 goals Palmer should have put in a challenge. He just let the Wigan player take a shot.

Very poor.

If he got back for the first one all credit to him, I'm shocked that after a breakaway from his deflected shot at edge of area (other end) he gets any where near the defense of the counter. And the second was a ball down the left crossed in and player scores from center? Not sure what our RWB does to stop that in fairness. 

Hate to say it but it’s going to be a long hard season with our wing backs. Palmer is lower level league 1 and nowhere near good enough. On the other side Boyd isn’t good enough either and Reach can play there and will be good going forward, but he’s very weak defensively and tackles like a Boy Scout. 

Im just praying we can somehow bring some loans in for those positions before the window shuts.....

28 minutes ago, terryowl said:

Very poor.

Was just going to start a thread on this. I like Palmer and think sometimes he gets too much stick but the first two goals today, he didn't react quick enough. He just stood and watched whilst wigan players reacted quicker. Something he's always been guilty of.

Palmer and Reach seemed to be LM/RM today, in the wrong positions for pretty much the whole of the match, that has to be down to the tactics, left a back three that was woefully spread thin and exposed.

• Thanks 1

To be fair to Palmer, he got into a couple of good positions in their box and found space - and should have done better. But while defending, he got done like a kipper time after time by Robinson who put crosses into our box at will and which led to goals.

12 minutes ago, Daz said:

To be fair to Palmer, he got into a couple of good positions in their box and found space - and should have done better. But while defending, he got done like a kipper time after time by Robinson who put crosses into our box at will and which led to goals.

He's a defender isn't he? 

13 minutes ago, Daz said:

He's improved going forward but has never been any good at rb or rwb.

24 minutes ago, Philb125 said:

If he got back for the first one all credit to him, I'm shocked that after a breakaway from his deflected shot at edge of area (other end) he gets any where near the defense of the counter. And the second was a ball down the left crossed in and player scores from center? Not sure what our RWB does to stop that in fairness. 

So you think he’s doing his job by just meandering around the box instead of being aware of the player to his right and aware of shutting down the POMO (which is EXACTLY) where the ball landed. Basic, basic stuff

12 minutes ago, mike312 said:

Thing is he wasn't a rb anyway was he? Played cm in his early days. Not defending him just trying to remember.

Yep that's why it's worrying that he's first choice RB or RWB. You can also look at Pudil who was a LM, then a LB and now seems like first choice CB. That's worried me most about pre-season as we are going to ship goals this season. Positionally we are so naive and it's down to not being natural in those positions.

12 minutes ago, McRightSide said:

So you think he’s doing his job by just meandering around the box instead of being aware of the player to his right and aware of shutting down the POMO (which is EXACTLY) where the ball landed. Basic, basic stuff

No, I think it's harsh to start a thread lambasting Player A (who ever that is) when the rest of them were at least as bad. 

Palmer - I think most would agree is less talented than many, yet I think he had a better game than at least 5 players that I am guessing earn more than him and in my opinion played worse than him. 

So far today after the game we have three threads that I can see criticising individuals. Those individuals are Pessy, Palmer and Dawson. All of which I'd assume are lesser earning players in the squad yet players like Hutch are left well alone of. Hutch at RCM or Right of the 3 in middle in my opinion is at fault for first goal, he offered NOTHING in attack whilst playing in midfield today and even less in defense. Yet the players he let down inside and outside of him, who earn less, get the brunt of our fans... weird if you ask me.

• Thanks 1