Transfer embargo (sort of) confirmed

15 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

He is a journalist, if he had this sort of information and didnt release he wouldnt being doing his job.

He isnt paid to be a Sheffield Wednesday cheer leader.

No problem with the news. We all knew it anyway.

Infact anyone who thought that wouldn't effect on the field matters massively had heads in the sand. 

Just do it at an appropriate time. 

Edited by Maddogbob

19 minutes ago, Maddogbob said:

Infact anyone who thought that wouldn't effect on the field matters massively had heads in the sand. 

If it was a scoop he probably wanted to get it out before any other reporter.

15 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

If it was a scoop he probably wanted to get it out before any other reporter.

Exactly get it out first thing. I've no problem with the news, no problem him dropping it, (if it doesn't effect a transfer deal) 

Just not 1 hour before kick off, in what looks like a very nice trolling of owls fans, because his organisation can afford broadcast rights. (rightly or wrongly) 

Edited by Maddogbob

5 hours ago, Maltby owl83 said:

That t0sser Giddings will have loved chucking that one in just before kick off. I do hate the RS pundits.

so do I, so why are we asking DC to settle for less money, just to let them slag us off every away game?

• Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, The Captain said:

Wow.

So much anger and criticism aimed towards Giddings in this thread - posters accusing him of releasing quite an important breaking news story, so that he can undermine our season is absurd.  Why would he even intend to do that?

Personally I’m grateful that the local media are keeping us in the loop regarding our transfer window situation; sadly, this is more than can be said for our club or the EFL.

And yes, I know that as fans, we don’t need to know every behind-the-scenes minor detail that occurs.  But to be legitimately embargoed from making transfers by the football league for the first time in our 151 year history is a big deal to many fans.  And many will be very concerned about how it’s going to affect us going forward.

That you, Cap’n Giddings?

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

I'm deliberating whether to even bother going.

I can't sit there and listen to a Trump style 'everyone else is wrong and everything else is wrong and everyone else is bad' diatribe for 8 hours

Then dont ! ...just go!!

Do us all a favour and ask those difficult questions ....do it for the fans that are so f×cked off with how this club is getting run into the ground.

Under DC it has turned very quickly into a nightmare...it happened at Forest and its now happened here DC now needs to feel the heat.

Edited by TaxiMark
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Maddogbob said:

You mean after we have lost? 

How would that make it any more appropriate for anyone?

It's time for Wednesday fans to shut up crying about the media once and for all and start instead listening to what they're saying instead of who's saying it and when.

Owlstalk Shop

12 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

It's time for Wednesday fans to shut up crying about the media once and for all and start instead listening to what they're saying instead of who's saying it and when.

Spot on .

I think people are all to quick to call the presenters over at RS this and that ...some of the things aimed at Andy Giddings just seems childish and mardy just because he had it confirmed just before kick off.

16 minutes ago, TINKERBELL said:

Is our embargo like qpr just for now and can sign players in January. 

Nobody knows but apparently we can't even offer our under contract players new contracts so that should be fun next june when Bannan, Joao, Hooper, Lee, Westwood and Lees are out of contract

I am really lost with this now..

Right Birmingham are under an embago but have negotiated so they can purchase players ???? Villa are 40 million in the slag heap but no embargo mentioned and they are now ok ???? Wtf Leeds are buying and buying and are ok ??? Wtf? We have sold Westwood hunt and got a loan fee for Rhodes but we are ultra f#cked and we can't mention it because of legal complications ???? This poo makes no sense what so ever oh and qpr are charged 40 million but Bournemouth and Leicester only paid a couple of million????

Edited by owls_wawaw

18 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

My opinion is my opinion, I've been calling out the useless, spineless freaks. For years. 

Outdated, waste of my license fee. 

The club issue is a separate issue. 

2 hours ago, owlinexile said:

Unbelievable.

Everyone wants to vent their frustration on the local media instead of the man who has taken us from zero debt to a fecking transfer embargo in three years.  Somehow without actually improving the squad at all for the last two out of those three years.

Very true .....

and without a shred of humility and blaming/fleecing the fans

Find it very difficult to find any positives about the chairman 

And for the sake of a few bob he is willing to alienate the fans who cannot get to the game and rely on the excellent commentary provided by RS a lot of them elderly and vulnerable who probably followed Wednesday through thick and thin in previous years 

18 minutes ago, Stoop said:

We’ve wasted some reyt money since the playoff final defeat 

Rhodes £8m

Abdi £4m

Jones £2m

Joost van can’t defend to save my life £4m

£18m for that lot

:carlosswfc:

maybe an embargo is for the best

Add 40k a week fletcher.

21 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

That's like walking down near the old markets shouting at bus stops

In your opinion. Plus I enjoy it. 

The whole my clubs been taken away, already happened to me two years ago. I got over it. 

Edited by Maddogbob

46 minutes ago, Stoop said:

We’ve wasted some reyt money since the playoff final defeat 

Rhodes £8m

Abdi £4m

Jones £2m

Joost van can’t defend to save my life £4m

£18m for that lot

:carlosswfc:

maybe an embargo is for the best

I don't think it's the fees paid

It's the ludicrous wages we are paying out.

59 minutes ago, owls_wawaw said:

I am really lost with this now..

Right Birmingham are under an embago but have negotiated so they can purchase players ???? Villa are 40 million in the slag heap but no embargo mentioned and they are now ok ???? Wtf Leeds are buying and buying and are ok ??? Wtf? We have sold Westwood hunt and got a loan fee for Rhodes but we are ultra f#cked and we can't mention it because of legal complications ???? This poo makes no sense what so ever oh and qpr are charged 40 million but Bournemouth and Leicester only paid a couple of million????

Charging any club for breaching FFP rules shows what utter hypocrisy and rubbish it is. How can the football league say we implement the rules to prevent clubs going bankrupt because they cannot afford to spend what they are spending, then justify a fine. It defies logic, the fines show they are deluded. An embargo or other sanction fair enough, but fines? Pull the other one.