Transfer embargo (sort of) confirmed

12 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Mate have you BEEN to these things?

lol

Nope, don't have the time, to busy working tbh. 

Look the way I see it. It needs people who are willing to ask a tough question or two. 

Somebody with a brain. 

11 minutes ago, Maddogbob said:

Nope, don't have the time, to busy working tbh. 

Look the way I see it. It needs people who are willing to ask a tough question or two. 

Somebody with a brain. 

That's me out then

lol

I'll leave all the questions to others - I have nothing to say to/ask our chairman anymore

Owlstalk Shop

Unbelievable.

Everyone wants to vent their frustration on the local media instead of the man who has taken us from zero debt to a fecking transfer embargo in three years.  Somehow without actually improving the squad at all for the last two out of those three years.

12 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

That's me out then

lol

I'll leave all the questions to others - I have nothing to say to/ask our chairman anymore

What do you want to see happen?

Is it time us that can no longer be involved go off into the sunset and retire.

Do we just give up. Go down Stavely miners welfare fc instead, because it's affordable. 

Or do we go start getting this club back

Again. 

14 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

So we’re under an embargo but the football league won’t let us confirm it,  that’s how it reads to me 

I read it as we are trying to sell and we won't say anything as it knackers our bargaining position. 

Either way I suspect we are boned on the transfer front. 

Wow.

So much anger and criticism aimed towards Giddings in this thread - posters accusing him of releasing quite an important breaking news story, so that he can undermine our season is absurd.  Why would he even intend to do that?

Personally I’m grateful that the local media are keeping us in the loop regarding our transfer window situation; sadly, this is more than can be said for our club or the EFL.

And yes, I know that as fans, we don’t need to know every behind-the-scenes minor detail that occurs.  But to be legitimately embargoed from making transfers by the football league for the first time in our 151 year history is a big deal to many fans.  And many will be very concerned about how it’s going to affect us going forward.

14 minutes ago, The Captain said:

Wow.

So much anger and criticism aimed towards Giddings in this thread - posters accusing him of releasing quite an important breaking news story, so that he can undermine our season is absurd.  Why would he even intend to do that?

Personally I’m grateful that the local media are keeping us in the loop regarding our transfer window situation; sadly, this is more than can be said for our club or the EFL.

And yes, I know that as fans, we don’t need to know every behind-the-scenes minor detail that occurs.  But to be legitimately embargoed from making transfers by the football league for the first time in our 151 year history is a big deal to many fans.  And many will be very concerned about how it’s going to affect us going forward.

Even if it weakens our position on a transfer that might avoid an embargo? (we are probably boned either way BTW) 

It's not Giddings place to drop this kind of news. One hour before kick off. 

He's got history of this sort of behaviour before. 

Edited by Maddogbob

14 minutes ago, Maddogbob said:

Even if it weakens our position on a transfer that might avoid an embargo? (we are probably boned either way BTW) 

At least he is actually giving us some news , unlike the club. 

12 minutes ago, Maddogbob said:

Even if it weakens our position on a transfer that might avoid an embargo? 

How could it possibly do this? The other clubs aren’t run by idiots. The players have agents who will know more than RS. Aim at the r8 target. 

19 minutes ago, Maddogbob said:

He is a journalist, if he had this sort of information and didnt release he wouldnt being doing his job.

He isnt paid to be a Sheffield Wednesday cheer leader.

Hold on we lost a game didn't we, so everything's the clubs fault tonight isn't it. I forget who's fault it is depending on the result. 

Look, it can be plainly seen that there are massive issues. 

Transfer wise, forget it.

We've given the good old beeb plenty of ammo to continue the sniping.