Transfer embargo (sort of) confirmed

I'm no ITK'er but suspect our targets this season are loans, as intimated by Jos.

Seems we may not have been able to satisfy EFL on 1st August and need another sale, such as Westwood.

The financial implications may be that bringing in signings now would break FFP and incur a fine. However the situation to be reviewed after the transfer window shuts to authorise some loan signings.

• Thanks 1

Those "financial implications" are clubs offering low blow transfer bids for our players....if they know we are under a transfer embargo of course.

If we sell a player, we want the best price we can get. 

Nothing else to be afraid of....

It is stuff we already know.

Edited by CF83OWL

It’s about time here the Football League came out and started making this FFP situation crystal clear , for me the whole thing is an absolute sham and the last thing you would call it is ‘fair’ 

where is this money going that QPR have been ordered to pay? Is it distributed amongst the clubs that can’t compete ? How on gods earth does fining a club several MILLIONS of pounds help said club get back into a healthy financial state ?  If we’re in a situation where we’re not even allowed to renew contracts then how exactly are the FL expecting the club to compete ? 

Clubs in the championship gamble massively because the premier league has been turned into such a vast pot of gold, the premiership sides can do as they please and even get parachute payments if there relegated but yet the FL punish the championship clubs for not playing by there rules 

12 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

It’s about time here the Football League came out and started making this FFP situation crystal clear , for me the whole thing is an absolute sham and the last thing you would call it is ‘fair’ 

where is this money going that QPR have been ordered to pay? Is it distributed amongst the clubs that can’t compete ? How on gods earth does fining a club several MILLIONS of pounds help said club get back into a healthy financial state ?  If we’re in a situation where we’re not even allowed to renew contracts then how exactly are the FL expecting the club to compete ? 

Clubs in the championship gamble massively because the premier league has been turned into such a vast pot of gold, the premiership sides can do as they please and even get parachute payments if there relegated but yet the FL punish the championship clubs for not playing by there rules 

Not sure I get what you're on about

We're being punished by FFP currently by the looks of it for doing exactly what the likes of QPR and others did and smashing too much money on players etc etc?

Owlstalk Shop

12 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

Buying club will know we need the money sharpish so will use that to there advantage.

Yup, it is not rocket science. 

DC probably negotiated it with the EFL to keep it hush hush because we are probably not far off balancing the books. 

1 hour ago, Bluesteel said:

i don’t think the timing of the tweet did the mood any favours today and possibly could’ve waited. But it was pretty big news! I’ve always thought Giddings enjoys our mishaps though 

Can't stand him or any of the radio sheffield lot in my opinion and that flipping doom howson wants tugging off in glass lol

46 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

We're being punished by FFP currently by the looks of it for doing exactly what the likes of QPR and others did and smashing too much money on players etc etc?

So my main point really is why is it all shrouded in secrecy ? If that’s the case why don’t the FL come out and say so ? There the ones who have implemented it so why is it not for them to comment on ?

1 hour ago, Royal_D said:

So my main point really is why is it all shrouded in secrecy ? If that’s the case why don’t the FL come out and say so ? There the ones who have implemented it so why is it not for them to comment on ?

Think Monday will be interesting

Am expecting it to go into the media Monday morning ahead of the fans forum Monday night

Owlstalk Shop

So the EFL make no mention of us at all after the recent meeting while Birmingham are under an embargo ( but can still bring players in) villa are mentioned specifically with figures of 40 million mentioned yet a local journalist who always seems to have it in for us and will have an axe to grind given recent events says we are and everyone takes his word as law 

I’m not saying it’s not true and I suspect we’re at least on a warming but lets at least waite until we get something official from the club or the EFL before we go into a meltdown 

11 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

How much is too much? Just because some clubs can't afford to spend and we all know how we were a few year's back, it shouldn't mean other clubs should be prevented from doing so. When it applies to some clubs and not others well, that's very dodgy ground indeed

Edited by pgmetcalf