Jos Luhukay asked if there's a transfer embargo on live radio just now

3 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Completely agree but I suppose formally announcing the club is under a transfer embargo at around the same time that they announce that membership will cost a cool £90 doesn't sit well!

It's a disgrace and total mess from the club, all points to one man, Chansiri. I'd love to say he'll learn in future from his mistakes but in all honesty, from what I've seen so far, I don't think he will. The only positive news in future will be the day he sells up and moves on but then I suppose it's going to be highly anticipated worry of who he flogs us to. 

What a time to be a Wednesday fan lol

Edited by Johnny Concrete

4 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

We have still got a squad of fantastic players. players that got us into automatic promotion form the back end of last season. 

People acting on here like we have the squad of Bolton or Rotherham or something and we are doomed.

I think fantastic overstates it but we have a reasonable squad that could be capable of finishing a decent midtable, with the losses over the summer being offset by the return of some injured players. 

54 minutes ago, WatfordOwl said:

Why do our fans always believe there's a conspiracy behind everything that goes on at the club?

If the club were open about these issues then there would be no conspiracy theories. If it proves to be just that then brilliant. However, the fact we have signed no one and not even had a legitimate bid for anyone rebuffed while at the same time losing key players and being linked with offloading others suggests it is more than just conspiracy and idol rumour.

Why would the manager answer in the way he has if he was able to delve into the transfer market? There is an easy way to end any speculation on this. 

9 minutes ago, Johnny Concrete said:

Well if Chansiri shares the same views then he should slash Season Tickets, memberships, match day tickets all by half price.

That gona help with ffp isnt it

2 minutes ago, WatfordOwl said:

If there's nothing in the rumour that has been started by who exactly?

This hasn't originated from a source at the club, it's originated from the fanbase and of course JL would not know about something when there isn't anything to know.

Can that statement also not be correct?

May as well have asked him if the moon was made of cheese really.

He would or should know if there is an Embargo. That is the question he faced. 

1 minute ago, pazowl55 said:

We have still got a squad of fantastic players. players that got us into automatic promotion form the back end of last season. 

People acting on here like we have the squad of Bolton or Rotherham or something and we are doomed.

This, we are not far away when everyone is fit, keeping them fit is another matter all together, But we have a core of really strong players.

If I was Jos I would be building a siege mentality this year, get into the players that nobody believes they are good enough wind them up and get their backs up to prove people wrong. Us fans will play a big part in this by not getting on their backs after a misplaced pass or mistake. Everyone pulling together and we can become a proper team unit. Horrible to play against, Wednesday till we die - Megson style. I’d also use the little digs that tramp at the sty can’t seem to help himself having at our expense to fire them up. 

Apathy from ticket prices, embargoes and mismanaged funds will always be around but what we can’t afford it to do is effect what happens at 3pm on a Saturday. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, clifford said:

Sounds like we are under an embargo but I can understand why the club wouldn’t want to announce it as it would weaken our bargaining position when trying to sell players.

I thinks all clubs will already know, in fact they will be pushing the ffp committee to fine us £10 billion and ban us from signing players for 5 yrs.

The fooookin bleeding hearts will be sopping wet

Just now, hirstyboywonder said:

If the club were open about these issues then there would be no conspiracy theories. If it proves to be just that then brilliant. However, the fact we have signed no one and not even had a legitimate bid for anyone rebuffed while at the same time losing key players and being linked with offloading others suggests it is more than just conspiracy and idol rumour.

Why would the manager answer in the way he has if he was able to delve into the transfer market? There is an easy way to end any speculation on this. 

But you do not know for sure that the club has not had any offer rebuffed. 

Or do you?

When we've had money to spend have we not also (on occasions) perhaps had ourselves put into positions were we've been pushed over the asking price for players to join? 

Perhaps there's just a different way of this manager doing business or maybe he's satisfied with the playing staff and looking at loans.

People think it's just a 'given' that we should be signing players, isn't that a bit mental? Especially when we have (had) a squad of 40+ players.

10 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

We have got a squad with some fantastic players but not a squad of fantastic players. We have got a team capable finishing top-half with decent attacking options but if any of the first choice defenders get injured in what is already an inferior defence to last season then it could be hard work.

3 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Exactly this^^^

2 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

the quality of Rotherham and Bolton probably aint that high ,but I bet you there supporters are far more optimistic about the coming season than most of us are , are you confident with the ever smaller squad we have going to Bolton and winning? the same players a year younger and 3-4 less of them (as there left) got humiliated at Bolton last season I was there to witness a pathetic display against a team what had lost 8 in a row and aint scored in 9 games  our manager tonight hopes the transfer deadline would have already been shut as he knows losing 2-3 more players would be a total disaster and he wont be allowed to sign any replacements unless league gave us a last min go ahead to sign players on loan 

From what I can gather (I may well be wrong?) FFP is supposed to keep clubs spending under control. 

Great idea really. 

So on that basis alone, the clubs finances/transfer policy have been massively miss managed. 

Instead of bickering between ourselves, why cant we just accept that the people running the club have dropped a baby maker, albeit well intentioned, and get on with it. 

We got a shitpie for dinner, so we should just take a bite and see what happens. 

Just now, welsOwl74 said:

Why don't you f#ck off and find another club then

If this is a shambles then what was one day from going bust

Put your dummy away,this club doesn't need 'fans' like you

A touch unfair.  Bearing in mind judging by your moniker you're of the same age, we've been supporting the team the same amount of time.  My point being this, we went and spent a shedload in the last three seasons failing to get where we wanted to, now thanks to FFP we're stuck somewhere between mid-table and potential bottom three, the gamble failed and now we're paying for it.  Unless Luhukay works miracles, we're playing mid-table football until we get out of the FFP trap which will only involve selling off assets to get the gap down.  You can only get out of things what you pay in and bar Sheffield becoming one of the richest cities in the North and them miraculously all supporting SWFC, then we're stuck in no man's land unless someone can buy Chansiri out.

1 hour ago, WatfordOwl said:

Why do our fans always believe there's a conspiracy behind everything that goes on at the club?

Its not a conspiracy, it’s not people making up stories (not on this particular subject anyway!). The rumours of an embargo started, the club hasn’t told anyone and even now they know it’s becoming public knowledge they seem to be just telling the manger he’s not allowed to answer owt about it. The handling of it deserves a bit of criticsm IMO. 

1 minute ago, WatfordOwl said:

But you do not know for sure that the club has not had any offer rebuffed. 

Or do you?

When we've had money to spend have we not also (on occasions) perhaps had ourselves put into positions were we've been pushed over the asking price for players to join? 

Perhaps there's just a different way of this manager doing business or maybe he's satisfied with the playing staff and looking at loans.

People think it's just a 'given' that we should be signing players, isn't that a bit mental? Especially when we have (had) a squad of 40+ players.

I don't think it's a given at all, in fact i half expected us not to make many if any signings but if that was to be the case then I wouldn't have expected us to get rid of our first choice full back.

The manager openly stated that he wanted to bring Venancio back and the fact he played him and Hunt most of the time last season suggests they were his preferred players in those positions so I can't think he would be happy with settling for what we have now having lost them.

Maybe we are looking at loans in those positions but unless the club is doing great business behind the scenes it is very rare that this goes unnoticed with no media attention on prospective signings whatsoever. Also, if we are focusing primarily on loans then fair enough given the financial situation but surely it would be better to try and do this business as early as possible and have new players training with the way we play and their colleagues ready for the season rather than leaving it late when the price will be forced up in terms of loan fee and wage requirements.

13 minutes ago, Pale Rider said:

If there was nothing in it surely he would say no. If he doesn’t actually know then we have the wrong manager. 

Because at the time he is being asked the question, maybe there isn't anything to publicly say on the matter or has been told not to give an answer.

The truth is nobody knows.

It won't stop the rumour mill circulating but for me I'd sooner we could maybe concentrate on more positive elements approaching the new season rather than going for the jugular on something that isn't proven - that's not a dig at you btw, I just see it as unnecessary that a 'fan' asks the same question over and over when this had already been put to Jos.

1 minute ago, WatfordOwl said:

Because at the time he is being asked the question, maybe there isn't anything to publicly say on the matter or has been told not to give an answer.

The truth is nobody knows.

It won't stop the rumour mill circulating but for me I'd sooner we could maybe concentrate on more positive elements approaching the new season rather than going for the jugular on something that isn't proven - that's not a dig at you btw, I just see it as unnecessary that a 'fan' asks the same question over and over when this had already been put to Jos.

I am sure everyone would rather do that! Care to list the positives?