Membership renewels

The job I’ve had for the past 6 years means I don’t get every Saturday free, one in three to be exact, so I like others used the membership as a way of still putting money in to the club despite not being able to attend on a regular basis. Still paying upwards of £30 a ticket despite having the £5 discount. And I still felt like it was value for money. 

But I can’t back or defend £90. I’m in a lucky position where the cost isn’t an issue, being in my mid-20’s and working full- time, £90 out of me wage wouldn’t alter my month- I just can’t justify the price hike without any added incentives on match day prices from previous years. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, nuhiuprime said:

I stopped reading after this point, got a bit boring to be perfectly honest. Could you stick an odd joke in your posts, or an interesting diagram or summat?

Membership was the only way to guarantee getting a ticket, if people didn't want to take their chances in general. The club made a fortune on the back of memberships at the end of the season, and those that were prepared to pay £50 for a ticket to two games, would pay £90

If you got bored after 4 words then that probably explains your lack of any logic.

Again, your points not true. Sales were staggered after membership, 50 points, 30, 20 and then reached people with 10 points, possibly even general sale. So you was guaranteed a ticket if you went to 2 or more games over 2 seasons.

If you think the reason people buy a membership is to make sure they'd get a ticket for Wembley, and they'd still do that for £40 more on the back of a bad season with no new signings - then as someone who would have bought a membership had they been £50 - I can tell you, you're wrong

• Like 2

7 hours ago, bradowl said:

I still remember when a lot of our fans boycotted Derby away because owner Robert Maxwell put prices up for our tickets just because we always took a big following.

Increased from usual £1.50 to £4. :carlos:

That's a 167% increase. Would be the equivalent of us randomly charging one team over £100 for some games.

Imagine Wednesday scraping into the FA/League Cup final with an allocation of tickets between 25k-30k now 21k in season ticket holders no problem we're all there. Then watch them £90 memberships fly out the door. All a cunning plan from the Chairman. DC i applaud your vision 

• Haha 2

I've had a membership last two years. Used to go when mates did or with my dad's mates if he was on holiday. It started becoming apparent that we'd need points for certain games. When it went up to 50 quid they said oh, you can have a tenner if the expensive games, there was one. Last year I think I was down overall but wasn't bothered cos it would have given me chance for a playoff semi ticket and a guaranteed ticket for wembley. 90 quid is far to expensive. It just isn't value for money when everything points to a weakened team and a lack of enthusiasm all round 

4 hours ago, Simon78 said:

Imagine Wednesday scraping into the FA/League Cup final with an allocation of tickets between 25k-30k now 21k in season ticket holders no problem we're all there. Then watch them £90 memberships fly out the door. All a cunning plan from the Chairman. DC i applaud your vision 

What a 2@

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, PEARSON said:

If you got bored after 4 words then that probably explains your lack of any logic.

Again, your points not true. Sales were staggered after membership, 50 points, 30, 20 and then reached people with 10 points, possibly even general sale. So you was guaranteed a ticket if you went to 2 or more games over 2 seasons.

If you think the reason people buy a membership is to make sure they'd get a ticket for Wembley, and they'd still do that for £40 more on the back of a bad season with no new signings - then as someone who would have bought a membership had they been £50 - I can tell you, you're wrong

Looking forward to getting some top quality logic tips mate. Send em to lightenup@bit.com!

a weird hill to die on this, mate.

Not really bothered whether you think I’m wrong. I know loads of folk that bought memberships just before the playoffs to get tickets for the playoffs. If you don’t think that’s true, get outside and talk to people. It’s sunny, you’ll love it!

15 hours ago, PolarNigel said:

It’s the 5th of a price of a season ticket, yet you’d have to attend 18 of the 23 home games to make the cost worth it. 

Absolutely derisory. 

and if u attend the 18 games plus the £90 membership you will be looking at £800 plus missing 5 games ,a total disaster of an idea , the club should be questioned by the media about this and why they treat there supporters like this ,I feel sorry for the folks what cant afford a season ticket as it looks like hardly any1 without a season ticket will now attend our games. if you had a big company and you wanted it to go bust in a year you would employ the people at the top of our club to make sure the company is liquidated .

On 27/07/2018 at 09:56, bigash_swfc said:

Not a chance. 

100% can afford, 100% won't be insulted

This is exactly me.

When you compare it to the membership prices of premier league clubs it's even more ridiculous.

I happily paid £50 last year even though I didn't get that back in discounts. But £90 I still just taking the wee wee.

I know people on here will defend it and use the plausible reason of FFP. But talk to anyone else not connected and mention this price and they will fall over laughing.

I doubt I'll even go to a game this season.

20 minutes ago, PeteG_1984 said:

This is exactly me.

When you compare it to the membership prices of premier league clubs it's even more ridiculous.

I happily paid £50 last year even though I didn't get that back in discounts. But £90 I still just taking the wee wee.

I know people on here will defend it and use the plausible reason of FFP. But talk to anyone else not connected and mention this price and they will fall over laughing.

I doubt I'll even go to a game this season.

FFP the reason for pricing fans out? 

Its as clear as mud, everything thats going on.

Just now, bigash_swfc said:

FFP the reason for pricing fans out? 

Its as clear as mud, everything thats going on.

So FFP is in place to stop chairmen spending all their own money and putting clubs at risk
So the chairman puts the price of memberships through the roof to try and get money into the club
Fans then talk about doing what they can to help and put money into the club they love
The club takes that money and spaffs it on massive player contracts 
Fans then scream about how massive the player contracts are
And in the meantime we dont' get any further forward or get promotion

Proper confusing

Owlstalk Shop

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

So FFP is in place to stop chairmen spending all their own money and putting clubs at risk
So the chairman puts the price of memberships through the roof to try and get money into the club
Fans then talk about doing what they can to help and put money into the club they love
The club takes that money and spaffs it on massive player contracts 
Fans then scream about how massive the player contracts are
And in the meantime we dont' get any further forward or get promotion

Proper confusing

Buying membership basically means, you're partially making up for Urby Emmanuelson robbing us blind then....

On 27/07/2018 at 09:43, bradowl said:

I still remember when a lot of our fans boycotted Derby away because owner Robert Maxwell put prices up for our tickets just because we always took a big following.

Increased from usual £1.50 to £4. :carlos:

No it’s not OK when other clubs do it. Christ the amount of threads on Leeds and their awful ticketing strategies we had on here that suddenly came to a massive halt as soon as Chansiri implemented one to match it. Now we get the odd brass necked comment about Leeds being a rip-off but that’s about it because most people are aware enough of their own cognitive dissonance not to broadcast it in front of everyone else.

Let’s be reyt here - agents and players have too much control and footballers now earn way too much money. We have probably 7 or 8 players on £25k PW who play 2nd tier championship football. That’s £1.3m per annum plus. The average wage in Sheffield is probably £25k pa. Huge variance is wages.

At some point, football will go pop. Our Chairman has gambled and it hasn’t paid off. He is now desperately trying to get as much income into the club, however he is alienating the fans with ridiculous £90 memberships and POTG prices.