Membership renewels

We are gonna be looking back and laughing at how ridiculous we all were in years to come whilst complaining about prices.....that is when we are playing champions league football and the price of a membership is £150 :tango:

Edited by CF83OWL
  • Haha 3

4 minutes ago, CF83OWL said:

We are gonna be looking back and laughing at how ridiculous we all were in years to come whilst complaining about prices.....that is when we are playing champions league football and the price of a membership is £150 :tango:

I still remember when a lot of our fans boycotted Derby away because owner Robert Maxwell put prices up for our tickets just because we always took a big following.

Increased from usual £1.50 to £4. :carlos:

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, bradowl said:

I still remember when a lot of our fans boycotted Derby away because owner Robert Maxwell put prices up for our tickets just because we always took a big following.

remember both luton and lincoln doing the same back in the day ,paint was still wet at lincoln !!WTF:

1 minute ago, bradowl said:

Didn't he do that for us for Oxford away in the Cup too ??

The thing is it almost designed for no one to buy one.

You'd have to attend around 16 games to get your money back, so anyone thinking about attending that many games would just get a ST - oh yeah......:Chansiri:

10 minutes ago, Animis said:

The thing is it almost designed for no one to buy one.

You'd have to attend around 16 games to get your money back, so anyone thinking about attending that many games would just get a ST - oh yeah......:Chansiri:

You swine Animis. You’ve exposed his cunning plan on Owlstalk.

The real reason, is that if we make the playoffs the value of a membership vastly outweighs ninety quid. Is it worth it? no. Unless we make the playoffs, and suddenly everyone and their extended family in Sheffield are massive wednesday fans, and the playoff final against Hull, funnily enough, doesn't get them the points they need. That point, £90 is a bargain. Everyone will pay it!

Edited by nuhiuprime

2 minutes ago, Blatter said:

You swine Animis. You’ve exposed his cunning plan on Owlstalk.

I'm fascinated how all these decisions are linked together.

This is the last season of the 3-year ST deal. Membership has increased 80% and is unlikely to reduce next year. June 2019 has 12 first team players out of contract.

The club must be thinking the period April - July 2019 is a massive milestone (or millstone) in the club's development.

They will have affectively marginalised POTG and membership numbers to a handful of punters. I imagine they'll focus any ticket deal on a long-term commitment (3-5 years), and even the yearly ST prices will be increased by more than the market rate. They'll say the investment from the fans is needed to re-build the team, as I imagine the majority of the 12 will leave.

Clearly this strategy is dependent on how we do this season, but the likelihood is we'll be starting 2019-20 in the championship.

8 minutes ago, nuhiuprime said:

The real reason, is that if we make the playoffs the value of a membership vastly outweighs ninety quid. Is it worth it? no. Unless we make the playoffs, and suddenly everyone and their extended family in Sheffield are massive wednesday fans, and the playoff final against Hull, funnily enough, doesn't get them the points they need. That point, £90 is a bargain. Everyone will pay it!

Bugger £90 membership.

If we make the play offs, I'll buy you a car. 

No way

It was always a loss financially for me

As half the 8/9 games I would fly over for I could use one of my mates STs

I only got it to feel more connected to the club and priority for play off final tickets

I would feel totally ripped off and slightly foolish if I spent £90 for this privilege

• Like 1