Matias

How is it he seems to be in every training photo, taking part smiling etc (not just this year but previous seasons) and then can’t seem to play any match, and the few matches he’s played over the past 3 years whilst stealing a living he seems to break down? 

An answer we’ll probably never get 

2 minutes ago, FreshOwl said:

Q: How is it he seems to be in every training photo, taking part smiling etc (not just this year but previous seasons) and then can’t seem to play any match, and the few matches he’s played over the past 3 years?

A: because he's stealing a living

I genuinely think he's been unlucky with injuries. 

You cannot fault his work rate or appetite when he has played...in fact, he always seems like he's playing to really prove a point...too much so. 

But, for me, there's absolutely no doubt, that, if he can stay fit (big if), he could be a very valuable squad player to have. 

He's a viable rotation option for Forestieri, has linkd up well with Nuhiu and Joao previously. He's far more suited to the system we played late last season (3-4-3), on paper at least, than Fletcher, Winnall or Hooper is. It'll be interesting what Luhukay can get out of him. There's no doubt he showed glimpses of real talent when Jos first arrived. 

Big season for him. If he stays fit, I wouldn't put it past him to earn a new deal. 

I foresee a typical Wednesday situation here. Matias will be fit as a fiddle this year, play brilliantly, score loads and then leave on a free at the end of the season. 

10 minutes ago, Watson said:

If he can maintain his fitness he will be a terrific player for us, reads the game so well, needs other players around him who are on the same wavelength.

His first few games for us I thought he looked the real deal and was tremendously unlucky not to score more goals.

FFS.

6 minutes ago, The Captain said:

Opened this thread hoping we’d sold/loaned this waste of a wage out.

Not sure why I got my hopes up.

I can see him being a truly valuable player to us, if he keeps fit he could make a huge difference imo. True, currently he is coming across as waste of wage but he has shown moments of true quality when he has played. Just need him to maintain fitness.