Membership Pricing 2018/19

31 minutes ago, northeastowl said:

What’s really annoying me is the club just don’t listen to the fans. 

I might in a lucky enough position to afford a season ticket plus travel down every game (which I have done for the last 3 years) however a change of job this buying a season ticket was rendered pointless as I would miss pretty much all Saturday games unless I put a holiday in at work. 

Plan was to buy a membership and do about 10 games. Now with the membership and ticket prices announced im not going to bother at all. 

The club really don’t care about the fans one bit.

Sorry to hear that, but you won't be on your own. 

I'm in a similar situation. Did 12 home matches last year - most of which with my lad (both on memberships).

Definitely won't get a membership this year. Will pick and choose games more this year. 

DC has to realise that there must be a middle ground between ST and POTG. We're in danger of losing a generation of supporters.

Guest Hillsborough Mole
58 minutes ago, Animis said:

That's a romantic view - I doubt DC shares your assessment. 

I'd like to say all football's going this way, but it appears our pricing across the board is higher than most PL clubs and all but one Championship club. Not sure what his long game is here as we will lose fans as a result of this.

Quite honestly mate I couldnt give a f*** what Chansiri thinks

Theres plenty on here who will keep on backing him whatever he does - Ive been banging the drum about his overcharging for 2 seasons now.

We wanted our Wednesday back? We have less of 'Our Wednesday' now than we ever had.

3 minutes ago, supersiggi said:

Sorry to hear that, but you won't be on your own. 

I'm in a similar situation. Did 12 home matches last year - most of which with my lad (both on memberships).

Definitely won't get a membership this year. Will pick and choose games more this year. 

DC has to realise that there must be a middle ground between ST and POTG. We're in danger of losing a generation of supporters.

In relation to your last point it won’t happen.

The idea of a membership is for fans who can’t commit to a season ticket to still be able to contribute and get a little bit of reward for doing so. 

With our membership scheme to be able to break even on your £90 it would cost your more than buying a season ticket in the first place. It literally makes zero sense. 

I would love to have a coffee and a chat with DC and ask him his thoughts on what he is trying to achieve.

4 minutes ago, northeastowl said:

In relation to your last point it won’t happen.

The idea of a membership is for fans who can’t commit to a season ticket to still be able to contribute and get a little bit of reward for doing so. 

With our membership scheme to be able to break even on your £90 it would cost your more than buying a season ticket in the first place. It literally makes zero sense. 

I would love to have a coffee and a chat with DC and ask him his thoughts on what he is trying to achieve.

That's the thing isn't it. 

It's like you're being punished for not being able to get a season ticket which is outrageous. Most people that buy memberships would love a season ticket but a number of circumstances dictate that they can't. So making it less beneficial for them this season is just baffling. 

Secondly, you expect some kind of return for paying £90 upfront to the club. 18 games to break even and being offered a load of garbage merchandise that they can't even be arsed to make look half decent on the website is insulting. The voucher scheme is pathetic. 

• Thanks 1

Guest Hillsborough Mole

I'd love to have been a fly on the wall in the commercial strategy meeting when this idea was agreed on

Or, to be more accurate, I'd love to have been smoking the same stuff

To those that think this is just a way to get money into the club for FFP reasons, wasn't the same said about the club 1867 scheme? we didn't have 10,000 mysterious investors in that, did we!?

46 minutes ago, dobbo said:

To those that think this is just a way to get money into the club for FFP reasons, wasn't the same said about the club 1867 scheme? we didn't have 10,000 mysterious investors in that, did we!?

True.

I think theyre really just that far out of touch with the fanbase unfortunately 

They are 50 quid worse off this morning because I would have  renewed yesterday and in truth would have renewed in June if they could ever be bothered to deal with this in a timely manner. 

£90 is disgusting, this product was £20 less than 10 years ago admittedly with less discounts. 

It's a product that is virtually 100% profit the rise in price imo cannot be justified. 

But the daft thing is the amount of money they are trying to raise by this action in football terms is insignificant. £40 x 6000 members= £240k, that does not pay one of their  top earners for two months. 

Ofcourse they are not going to get £240k because the renewal rate is imo going to slump. 

Is all this bad feeling worth it? 

So Wednesday if you want to treat me as a mug punter rather than a lifelong supporter of over 50 years  I will  treat you like an adversarial supplier rather than my football club  I might well buy off you in the future but you will have to compete with my other leisure suppliers and as of this moment they are getting my future business and you are not. 

13 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Personally I refuse to believe there is anyone st the club on the staff there who will be supporting tbis membership pricing 

If that is the case Neil who in your opinion is responsible for this pricing, is this kind of thing done by the chairman and ceo or are they advised by others and then approve a pricing structure. 

Just now, Geedee said:

If that is the case Neil who in your opinion is responsible for this pricing, is this kind of thing done by the chairman and ceo or are they advised by others and then approve a pricing structure. 

I don't know mate

Just think from the bottom of my heart that the team in the office at Hillsborough and retail are trying on our behalf but getting nowhere. 

I highly doubt that any of the staff who understand this city, the fans, the available finances of the fans etc will have backed this membership pricing

Owlstalk Shop