Membership Pricing 2018/19

5 minutes ago, nevthelodgemoorowl said:

We must get those 27,000 fans per week back on board ! I think it's expensive but you can't argue with the numbers and the rules on compliance with FFP.

It's not benefits that trickle down from the Premiership but inflated wages and Transfer fees.

Did Huddersfield, Wolves, Cardiff or Fulham rip off fans as much as Chansiri is??

I've had 2x memberships since 2005 - mostly for ticket priority on away games in the South East where I live. Most of the time I've not needed a membership to get my away tickets, and I never really get any other advantages from being a member. It was nice knowing should we get to Wembley I could get a ticket too. The rise from £20 to £50 was a bit galling, but I was happy to continue - I don't really get to Hillsborough often so it was a small way to support my club - both at matches and financially.

£90 is a complete and utter rip-off. There's no way I'll be bothering to renew. Since Chansiri has taken over I've felt increasingly detached from my club - it's all about raising revenues now to pay for his poor investments.

Very, very disappointed.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, TheEnchanter said:

Can't wait to not be able to buy the expensive kit but come out with a smashing discounted VHS of the Yorath years, Dave Jones autobiography and some Ozzie Owl cufflinks.  

Unsigned photo of Goce Sedloski 

• Haha 1

The only advantage really is ticket priority for in-demand games like playoffs. Must admit it seems a rather longer-odds gamble on that front lately than it did a couple of season ago!

:duntmatter:

If I’m honest though, daft as it may be, i have found it a nice way of feeling slightly more ‘embedded’ as part of the club’s core fanbase without being able to afford a ST.

But £90 is just nuts, I honestly can’t understand the thinking there. It’s going to decimate membership, surely.

Edited by Mr. Tom

Season tickets and pay on the day prices are similar to last season.

Only thing I can think with the membership prices is that they are looking to shift some more season tickets before the start of the season.

However, if this backfires, I really cannot see many memberships being sold and as a consequence there will be a lot less walk ups for this season. Expect the average attendance to be 23500.  I was a member last season as I can not commit to all the games but there’s no way I’m buying one this season. It’s simply not worth it and there is some principle around my decision.

Edited by Bouncing Owl

5 minutes ago, Onge said:

I've had 2x memberships since 2005 - mostly for ticket priority on away games in the South East where I live. Most of the time I've not needed a membership to get my away tickets, and I never really get any other advantages from being a member. It was nice knowing should we get to Wembley I could get a ticket too. The rise from £20 to £50 was a bit galling, but I was happy to continue - I don't really get to Hillsborough often so it was a small way to support my club - both at matches and financially.

£90 is a complete and utter rip-off. There's no way I'll be bothering to renew. Since Chansiri has taken over I've felt increasingly detached from my club - it's all about raising revenues now to pay for his poor investments.

Very, very disappointed.

Similar scenario to me, albeit in the north east. These prices shouldn’t be going up so sharply if at all. 

Second worst desperate idea behind that pay a grand for a seat thing that bombed. 

Edited by Bluesteel

8 minutes ago, Bouncing Owl said:

Season tickets and pay on the day prices are similar to last season.

Only thing I can think with the membership prices is that they are looking to shift some more season tickets before the start of the season.

However, if this backfires, I really cannot see many memberships being sold. I was a member last season as I can not commit to all the games but there’s no way I’m buying one this season. It’s simply not worth it and there is some principle around my decision.

I wonder if they underestimate how many of us regular attendees don’t live in Sheffield?

A full ST commitment is just too much of a gamble for many people who have to travel 2hrs+ to games - there are always gonna be a few games a season you just cannot go to, no matter how up for it you are, as you can’t take a full day out of your 2-day weekend. For fans in that boat, membership was an effective incentive to make it to a couple more per season than you otherwise might, in my experience - even at £50, just, as the break-even point was still quite reachable even from afar.

At £90? Not so much. It’s an awful decision. And i’ll bet it will hardly bring in any extra funds once the drop-off is factored in - maybe even less overall.

Edited by Mr. Tom

26 minutes ago, The Regulator said:

We averaged out at a category D price last season. The pointless megastore offers aside, there is no point at which a membership provides better value versus both a ST or POTG. A member would break even at 18 games which would cost £594 on the Kop at the average category D price. A Kop ST is currently £530. They shouldn’t sell a single membership on that basis.

Exactly this.

It's a very clumsy attempt to push people to buy season tickets before 3rd August deadline.

I expect a bit of hectic back tracking after that and memberships will go back to maybe £50.

13 minutes ago, Bouncing Owl said:

I think this is it. Deadline day was 3 July last year. We’re some way past that now and they’re still on sale. I wouldn’t mind betting that we’ll see an increase in POTG prices too. We averaged Cat D last season. First home game v QPR was Cat C, Hull is Cat B (it was Cat D last year mid-season).

3 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

They will need over half the current members to pay it otherwise they generate less than last year. 

That wont happen. I think they sold nearly 6000 memberships last season. They’ll be lucky to shift 500. This will bomb out in my opinion. It’s just not value for money. Will they shift some more season tickets on the back of it? Possibly a few but not to break even.

26 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

Did Huddersfield, Wolves, Cardiff or Fulham rip off fans as much as Chansiri is??

Wasting your time mate. Sheffield Wednesday could have him arrested for trespassing on penistone road because he left his season ticket at home and he’d still be banging on in jail about how everybody in his cell should all go to a Wednesday game when they get out.

• Haha 1

For the few that are defending it (and there are few fortunately) do you want to see Sheffield United average more than us again this season? 

That will look really good to everyone outside of Sheffield when they see us 7th or 8th on the attendance charts when we could easily be top 3.

13 minutes ago, Bouncing Owl said:

That wont happen. I think they sold nearly 6000 memberships last season. They’ll be lucky to shift 500. This will bomb out in my opinion. It’s just not value for money. Will they shift some more season tickets on the back of it? Possibly a few but not to break even.

Yep I think it’s a case of a bird in the hand being better than two in the bush. :ph34r:

Membership feels like a supporter donation for many and this kills it. Was happy to do my bit but not at that price.

Edited by Bluesteel

We're arguably the weakest we've been for 3 season while several of our rivals look to have done good business.

The only way we were going to challenge for promotion this year IMO was for it to be a team effort - that includes everyone (team, coaching staff, management, fans) pulling together. Yet, here we are less than two weeks to go, pissed off because of POTG and members prices. Joke