World Cup Beamback - Opportunity Missed

42 minutes ago, punkskaphil said:

I never said we shouldn’t do it. The opening post was suggesting it would be a money spinner that we could charge admission for. I was saying it’s probably not feasible if that’s the aim. I doubt Ipswich are making significant profit out of it.

You can make money out of it even if admission was free. 

20 minutes ago, Watson said:

United fans at one end Wednesday fans at the other... Should we lose  (We won't, we're gonna win it). Council n police don't want the hassle, cost and time.  Could be in their thinking.

I read a lot of your posts so I know your style and assume your trolling. 

When has club football had bearing on international games. I know there are a handful of idiots will always want to cause trouble no matter what, especially st club level. However surely separating fans based on clubs would only create tension. 

We are England fans, supporting the country. We are one set of fans. 

18 minutes ago, Not Jon Newsome said:

Watch it in the boozer where the atmosphere is, like everyone else. 

Have you ever been in a big square with thousands of people watching a big screen?

I love going to the pub. But in my opinion the atmosphere doesn’t even come close.

Big difference between a big screen in a square or park where people can just gather, bring a few beers with them and have an afternoon out. Beambacks in stadiums are too organised, they just don't generate the atmosphere and in turn, the revenue.

Maybe Sheffield is different but I would be surprised if even the pubs are packed here. It's not like it was 20 years ago...we've all got massive tellies at home, pubs are expensive and a lot of people just can't be bothered with the hassle of it all. Would rather get some mates around, grab some beers and watch it at home than in the pub. 

23 minutes ago, jonesy87shef said:

I read a lot of your posts so I know your style and assume your trolling. 

When has club football had bearing on international games. I know there are a handful of idiots will always want to cause trouble no matter what, especially st club level. However surely separating fans based on clubs would only create tension. 

We are England fans, supporting the country. We are one set of fans.i 

I never troll unless you have any evidence of it.

I didn't mean they would physically separate them butlol more that should we lose, then after a days drinking then some would find little excuse to take their anger out on the nearest fan from the other side. Unlikely to happen as I like you would hope that club allegiance could be set aside for a day or so.   But why risk it is the councils thinking?

56 minutes ago, jonesy87shef said:

You can make money out of it even if admission was free. 

Enough for it to be worth it when it comes to FFP? Like I asked before, if it’s such a no-brainer, why aren’t all clubs doing it?

8 minutes ago, punkskaphil said:

Enough for it to be worth it when it comes to FFP? Like I asked before, if it’s such a no-brainer, why aren’t all clubs doing it?

I mentioned in other posts, not you yourself however. Sheffield isn’t currently offering facilities other cities are with regards to big screens, open spaces or fan zones. No harm to suggest wednesday could try and be the innovators in this regard. 

There’s a gap, I would wager it’ll be filled by the next World Cup. 

Also obviously things like this won’t solve our potential ffp problems, but several ideas like this added together do help. 

You could make argument why do we do we do anything as a club/business that only brings in a little profit. It all adds up.

On 05/07/2018 at 12:32, pgmetcalf said:

So watching the TV in the boozer for free isn’t good enough for you then? It’s not as though there’s a lack of venues to watch the match ... for free

So you think watching it in your boozer is free?

Think again, mate. Every landlord has to have a license to show the match. He doesn't just bring his personal setdown and put it on he bar. he even has to pay a rather hefty fee forevey one-armed bandit. he only way this can be recouped  is frrom the customer and is usually hidden in the price of the beer. It's the same thought as anyone who says 'The Gov'twill pay' No government, or Counccil has any money of its own . Everything it pays out must be  taken from its income , and that is you and me., in tax, license fees , rates  or such.

It's still an excellent idea. Watching tv llast nught sowed cities around the country, and even Wales and Scotland, where large screens had been eected and people were dinking. The amunt thrown in the air in Croyden aand Nottingham alone was enough to float a liner. These citiies obviously made money, but the Sheffield authorities - NO WAY.We then wonder why players are not attracted to Sheffield.