Preslav Borukov

Guest Hillsborough Mole
8 minutes ago, room0035 said:

I heard today Rotherham were needing a keeper what do people think of loaning them Dawson, giving him a full season at Championship level but close enough we can keep an eye on him. It would aid his development playing every week.

Rather loan Wildsmith - I thought Dawson was brilliant every game

9 minutes ago, room0035 said:

I heard today Rotherham were needing a keeper what do people think of loaning them Dawson, giving him a full season at Championship level but close enough we can keep an eye on him. It would aid his development playing every week.

Wouldn't lend,loan,give that club the time of f------g day.

• Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, Hillsborough Mole said:

Agreed, Dawson looks a steadier, more commanding keeper at this stage though generally so far he has played cup games and at the end of last season when the pressure was off somewhat. 

30 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

Isn’t there another Bulgarian lad too? A couple of years younger 

11 minutes ago, ChinaOwl said:

Yeah, probably loads of them in Bulgaria. :rolleyes:

No, we got the last one - and some people thought China had a strict policy on population growth!

1 hour ago, Bluesteel said:

I think the key thing for Borukov is that he’s a bit of a tank. Makes the transition into the first team that bit easier for the manager 

Yeah this is a great point, the one thing I’d said about Hirst previously is he might need to bulk up a bit to make it in the championship ,  Borukov is strong and it’s big part of his game 

22 hours ago, Hillsborough Mole said:

I'd actually like to see us try something different. Keep them both and play them alternate games just like England did with Clemence and Shilton in the 70's. Should give us a proper chance to assess who is going to be number 1 for the future.

Edited by Utah Owl

13 minutes ago, Watson said:

Couldn't get any better for him.

Appears so. No easy thing moving to another country at such a young age. All credit to him. Would love to see him given a game. Strong as an ox and fast too. 

1 hour ago, Watson said:

How do you rate them?  If you have seen them play that is?

Haven’t seen enough to comment really, tho Hammoud started to appear more for the under 18 side towards the end of the season and was scoring/impressing. And same for Borukov for the under 23’s. I’m not sure Gavrilov has pulled up many trees yet 

• Thanks 1