#SWFC Players - Contract Expiry dates

1 hour ago, oh_weds_we_love_you said:

I think I’ve already replied in numerous threads you’ve been in. I’m a big Westwood fan, but expenses need cutting and we’ve 2 excellent alternatives to Westwood, so I wouldn’t be too concerned to see him leave if it allows Jos more freedom in this window to sort out problem areas.

what you said was other than three of the players no one has made a significant impact, I bet to differ in Westwood. If your a fan of him then why dismiss him?

9 hours ago, striker said:

Of those, very few I would be keen to retain. 

The ones I would be looking to extend are Bannan and Joao. For what we would get for Bannan in the last year of his contract think we would struggle to replace him and we saw the difference he makes to our team when he came back last season. Joao is worth an extension based on his age and to protect any future transfer value he has.

None of the others I would argue against selling or releasing. Notable mentions for Hooper, he is a great player but regularly has periods out of the team, can we afford to carry a (presumably) top earner who isn't available for large parts of the season? Hunt, has shown development but at his age maybe should be looking to replace?

On a side note, I reckon there is conservatively £150k per week of wages there, an annual commitment over £9m with statutory employer costs added?

Hooper is easily our best striker. Easily. 

Really interesting that lot. Well, they've got something to play for - either new contract here or prove their fitness to another club. We've just got to let the Carlos era gradually unwind itself over the next couple of seasons - there's no quick fix.

There’s quite a few on that list that won’t get new deals. Time to start trying to shift them now. Sad but true. No brainier to try and get B.B. Hooper and joaoa tied down but as someone else said time to let the last breath of air out of th3 Carlos regime

21 hours ago, @owlstalk said:
Player(s) born/age Nat. End of contract Contract option Market value
Gary Hooper Gary Hooper
Centre-Forward
Jan 26, 1988 (30) England 30.06.2019 - 3,50 Mill. €  
Barry Bannan Barry Bannan
Central Midfield
Dec 1, 1989 (28) Scotland 30.06.2019 - 3,00 Mill. €  
George Boyd George Boyd
Right Midfield
Oct 2, 1985 (32) Scotland
England
30.06.2019 - 2,50 Mill. €  
Jack Hunt Jack Hunt
Right-Back
Dec 6, 1990 (27) England 30.06.2019 - 2,50 Mill. €  
Almen Abdi Almen Abdi
Attacking Midfield
Oct 21, 1986 (31) Switzerland
Kosovo
30.06.2019 - 2,00 Mill. €  
Lucas João Lucas João
Centre-Forward
Sep 4, 1993 (24) Portugal
Angola
30.06.2019 - 2,00 Mill. €  
Marco Matias Marco Matias
Right Wing
May 10, 1989 (29) Portugal 30.06.2019 - 1,50 Mill. €  
Keiren Westwood Keiren Westwood
Keeper
Oct 23, 1984 (33) Ireland
England
30.06.2019 - 1,00 Mill. €  
David Jones David Jones
Central Midfield
Nov 4, 1984 (33) England
Wales
30.06.2019 - 1,00 Mill. €  
Kieran Lee Kieran Lee
Defensive Midfield
Jun 22, 1988 (29) England 30.06.2019 - 750 Th. €  
Morgan Fox Morgan Fox
Left-Back
Sep 21, 1993 (24) Wales
England
30.06.2019 - 750 Th. €  
Jake Kean Jake Kean
Keeper
Feb 4, 1991 (27) England 30.06.2019 - 500 Th. €  
Liam Palmer Liam Palmer
Right-Back
Sep 19, 1991 (26) Scotland
England
30.06.2019 - 500 Th. €  

From here - https://www.transfermarkt.com/sheffield-wednesday/vertragsende/verein/1035/vertragsendeJahr/2019

By this time next year 6 will be 30+

Hooper, Boyd, Abdi, Matias, Westwood, Jones, Lee

And 2 will be closing in on 30

Bannan (29), Hunt (28)

Even Liam Palmer will be 27.

Wow there's a lot of rebuilding work going to be needed & a lot coming off the wage bill. It may come down to needing a very quiet transfer window this year so we have some funds for rebuilding next year. Ho hum.

7 minutes ago, Pulcinella said:

By this time next year 6 will be 30+

Hooper, Boyd, Abdi, Matias, Westwood, Jones, Lee

And 2 will be closing in on 30

Bannan (29), Hunt (28)

Even Liam Palmer will be 27.

Wow there's a lot of rebuilding work going to be needed & a lot coming off the wage bill. It may come down to needing a very quiet transfer window this year so we have some funds for rebuilding next year. Ho hum.

Think this summer will predominantly be loans and while I accept loan fees exist the financial outlay is generally  less and controlled. 

The loan market is one we've not used effectively for years and dont have a problem with bringing in our quota to freshen up the squad.

FFP/P&S wise im quite relaxed. We've got assets to sell if we choose, have a number of out of contract players next year which would reduce the wage bill by £10-12m and already released two expected high earners this summer which would have reduced the wage bill by around £1.5m I suspect.

In terms of purchasing players, there's nothing wrong with one (or two) out for one in. We cannot keep stockpiling players and need a sustainable approach evolvong the squad to rebalance, reduce the average age and average wage.

Yet to see what we do this summer but strangely  positive.

11 hours ago, room0035 said:

what you said was other than three of the players no one has made a significant impact, I bet to differ in Westwood. If your a fan of him then why dismiss him?

Did I?! lol

I said "Some excellent players on the list, but they've contributed very little for SWFC.". Key word for you there pal is SOME.

Learn to read and write bro.

chansiri got some big decisions to make does he more or less stick with what we have with maybe some loans & freebies added  ,think feck FFP  give jos some cash and gamble all on promotion next may and face the consequences if we fail  or does he cash in the saleable assets this summer and let jos start from scratch . ……….good luck to the bloke whatever he decides .  

23 hours ago, oh_weds_we_love_you said:

Bannan and Joao, with Hooper and Lee if they can prove their fitness. A maybe for Hunt.

Rest I would actively look to sell on now and if there are no takers, allow them to let their contracts run down. Some excellent players on the list, but they've contributed very little for SWFC.

The above some some excellent players BUT THEY,'VE CONTRIBUTED VERY LITTLE FOR SWFC, so you are saying Westwood has contributed very little as you didn't name him above.

back at you learning to read and write - bro:Chansiri:

The transfermarkt website isn’t reliable.  Plenty of inaccuracies in the OP.

Jake Kean has already been released.  The list from the website states that he’s still under contract.

Morgan Fox is actually under contract until 2020, not 2019 (FFS, cracking signing that, Carlos).

Daniel Pudil, Connor O’Grady and Frederik Nielsen, are all out of contract next summer too - bit bizarre that they’ve all been omitted from the list in the OP as they’ve all made senior first team appearances for Wednesday.

10 hours ago, oh_weds_we_love_you said:

SOME not ALL.

Wake up bacon boy!

Wow get called out talking rubbish accuse me of being a blade. At least I know our good players you just follow the herd and hope for the best. A blade if every I heard one trot on lad back to where your from.

Reading that list is quite bittersweet. Players like Hooper & Lee, your head tells you to let their contracts run down & release but in your heart you hope they can come back & prove their long term fitness. I know there's no room for sentiment but it's a shame when the real players have to go.

I'd keep Hunt, Westwood & Bannan & sack off the rest though.

Edited by Yellowbelly