Netflix prem league legends - Paolo Di Canio

Just watched the above episode covering Di Canio. They discuss with him his spell at Wednesday and he says that Big Ron was one of the few managers who knew how to handle him. You can tell Di Canio respected him, which makes Ron’s departure all the more annoying.  I reckon Atkinson could have built a team around Carbone and DI Canio. I’m also not convinced the club would have got rid of Di Canio after the Alcock incident if Ron had still been in charge.

I started watching Wednesday in the late 80s and would have to say Di Canio is the most technically gifted footballer I’ve seen in a Wednesday shirt.  He obviously was a slightly flawed character, but have to say he was a joy to watch when on his game.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, East Yorks Owl said:

Just watched the above episode covering Di Canio. They discuss with him his spell at Wednesday and he says that Big Ron was one of the few managers who knew how to handle him. You can tell Di Canio respected him, which makes Ron’s departure all the more annoying.  I reckon Atkinson could have built a team around Carbone and DI Canio. I’m also not convinced the club would have got rid of Di Canio after the Alcock incident if Ron had still been in charge.

I started watching Wednesday in the late 80s and would have to say Di Canio is the most technically gifted footballer I’ve seen in a Wednesday shirt.  He obviously was a slightly flawed character, but have to say he was a joy to watch when on his game.

slightly flawed? The blokes a nutter lol

6 minutes ago, welsOwl74 said:

Danny Wilson bottled the whole situation 

Worse manager in my time watching us

If I remember correctly Allan Hanson stated on match of the day "he should not play in premier league again" I dont think it was DW decision probably Dave Richards.

49 minutes ago, The Dukeries Owl said:

According to the usual media outlets PDC did not exist before he played for West Ham.

Yeah and that's why we won world cup, all down to Werst Am we'renit guv' - Really hope the bar stewards get relegated.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, selbyowls said:

If I remember correctly Allan Hanson stated on match of the day "he should not play in premier league again" I dont think it was DW decision probably Dave Richards.

No, it was even worse than that.

It was Trevor Brooking who expressed his outrage and said Di Canio should never play in the Premier League again. Guess who was West Ham manager and relying on Di Canio to save them from relegation about three years later?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, DJMortimer said:

No, it was even worse than that.

It was Trevor Brooking who expressed his outrage and said Di Canio should never play in the Premier League again. Guess who was West Ham manager and relying on Di Canio to save them from relegation about three years later?

Showing my age and or or early signs of dementia. Anyway I think the only thing we have in common with United our hatred of WHU.

Great player..Loved watching him, but I'm not blinded by what he did.

Wilson bottled it?

Board bottled it?

What choice did they have?...He pushed a ref over and got banned for it...Like every other bugger who's done it...

Wednesday fans even went to the hearing,

After the hearing Di Canio and the club accepted the 11 game ban and DiCanio said he was looking forward to returning to the club, the club said they were looking forward to his comeback

He didn't turn up did he?