Brilliant .... Jordan Rhodes

5 minutes ago, Wednesday_Jack said:

He’s never been no different...have you watched him over his career?? He wants the ball in the box not with his back to goal and 6ft high.  

You are judging him on the past! I’m judging him on 16 months in a a SWFC shirt. I’m not sure how you think his past is more relevant. We’ve not seen the old Rhodes, everyone needs to move on, for the benefit of club and player.

2 minutes ago, Carbone said:

You are judging him on the past! I’m judging him on 16 months in a a SWFC shirt. I’m not sure how you think his past is more relevant. We’ve not seen the old Rhodes, everyone needs to move on, for the benefit of club and player.

I am also judging him on what ive seen not what I’ve heard and up to yesterday he has been a mere passenger in games . I have been so disappointed in his overall performances but I hope he now starts to be the player he was .

39 minutes ago, Carbone said:

Carlos didn’t ruin him. 1 year of hardly kicking a ball ruined him. Talk to anyone who plays/has played football, managers don’t ruin you. Carlos played him time and time again when it was like playing with 10 men when he was on the pitch. And again, every game he had he’d get a chance which was meant to be all he needed. He struggled to get into the right positions in the box for regular chances. His service wasn’t the best absolutely, anyone can see that, but his strength was supposed to be feeding on scraps. Look how many goals Nuhiu has scored recently. Where was everyone saying he just needs the service in the past? It’s all nonsense I’m afraid. 

Your talking nonsense. Nuhiu is happy to pick the ball up outside the box, it’s part of his game...Rhodes game is inside the box facing goal.

of course managers ruin players, we see it at every level!! Players fit into certain teams and systems. Carlos nearly ruin FF with playing him out of position and in the wrong system. Players are human and the happier the are the more chance they are liable to perform. You can see Rhodes as been frustrated at times and playing the ball into his head/chest wit his back to goal isn’t his game...and let’s face it that’s what he’s been getting. 

43 minutes ago, Carbone said:

Absolute testicles...we’ve stood by nuhiu throughout his career with us!! Rhodes is no different.

Edited by Wednesday_Jack

4 hours ago, Wednesday_Jack said:

A strikers job is to put the ball in the net...simple as that

Oh dear.

Tell that to Dennis Bergkamp amidst all his medals and honours (including being voted Arsenal's second best ever player). His scoring record for the last 6-7 years at Arsenal was woeful by those standards.

Rhodes played more or less as a lone striker yesterday.

Is he the best at that job , probably not, but he did ok against some big centre backs.

His goal yesterday was typical him. When he had his chance in the team earlier in the season he had chances and not taken them. Not loads but some and some he should have taken.

If he had taken just half, it would have been a completely different outcome. We wouldn’t care about his all round game, we would have seen him gain confidence and score goals.

4 minutes ago, DJMortimer said:

Oh dear.

Tell that to Dennis Bergkamp amidst all his medals and honours (including being voted Arsenal's second best ever player). His scoring record for the last 6-7 years at Arsenal was woeful by those standards.

Ask van nistelrooy who was prolific...ask Lez Ferdinand who is the top 10 PL scoring charts.

its horses for courses, every player is different and brings different things to the team. If we had a striker that wasnt in the game but popped up 25 times a season I would take that.  

Guest Arcadianrocket

When Rhodes scored away at Villa and Forest we had the same threads.

The harsh reality is he is our 6th choice striker. I am pleased he scored and won us the game but for me it does not change anything in terms of we have paid well over the odds for a player who when the going gets tough, does not contribute enough.

4 hours ago, dewsburyowl58 said:

I am also judging him on what ive seen not what I’ve heard and up to yesterday he has been a mere passenger in games . I have been so disappointed in his overall performances but I hope he now starts to be the player he was .

Why? CC didn't play to Big Dave's strength now look at him. The same goes to Rhodes or any other striker

36 minutes ago, pgmetcalf said:

Why? CC didn't play to Big Dave's strength now look at him. The same goes to Rhodes or any other striker

Bang on mate...I think people are quick to get on Rhodes case because of the price tag. its not quite worked out so far but he’s a very good striker that if used correctly will be a real asset. 

People seem to forget that under Carlos he was in and out of team...he scored 2 goals away at Bolton then found himself in the bench for the next 2 games. Hardly does a strikers confidence any good when gets dropped for actually scoring and doing his job!!

1 hour ago, pgmetcalf said:

Carlos left at Christmas , Rhodes hasn’t been injured since then has he ? . Jos has had a good look at his players and doesn’t see JR as his first choice striker at the moment does he , why is that ? . As for Nuhui I don’t see how we are suddenly playing to his strengths, think it’s more that he has had a good run in the first team , Jos has picked him before Rhodes why is that ? 

1 hour ago, Wednesday_Jack said:

Bang on mate...I think people are quick to get on Rhodes case because of the price tag. its not quite worked out so far but he’s a very good striker that if used correctly will be a real asset. 

People seem to forget that under Carlos he was in and out of team...he scored 2 goals away at Bolton then found himself in the bench for the next 2 games. Hardly does a strikers confidence any good when gets dropped for actually scoring and doing his job!!

Well you accept it hasn’t quite worked out yet , why is that if he is such a class striker ? So how do we play to his strengths exactly ? Anyway you rate him and I am not convinced by him , can’t all agree can we !!!