Brilliant .... Jordan Rhodes

JR played well today. Scored the winner, nearly got another and worked hard for the team. Won loads of headers. Really hope he kicks on. No surprise that when we get decent delivery into the box he got on the end of it. that is what he thrives on and without it he is just not effective...

1 hour ago, Lomas613 said:

What I noticed on the sky sports highlights we was playing a very direct style ? Forgive if wrong.

there was plenty of balls into the box sitting up perfectly for Rhodes strength his heading so if we’ve played to his strengths it’s no wonder he’s finally scored utilising the players in the right way therefore well done jos.

Jos said before the international break he’s not had time to implement his methods etc maybe now his methods are coming across Rhodes might be making himself available by training and performing better as a result of style suiting him ??? Or jos has many methods to use in order to use all his different players or both lol 

It's really hard to work out what Jos is going to do.. I think he might be unsure himself... I'm getting more confidence in him as a coach tho I can't tell you why!

WTF!?

9 hours ago, HubristicClapper said:

This is what I don't get about our fanbase who are criticising Rhodes. 

The man has consistently done it at this level and now we have a  proven goal scorer at this level in our ranks yet just because the team as a whole are playing crap, we then refuse to play him for a large portion of the time.   

I hope he's now given a chance however i'm sure he won't be, because of our abundance of strikers right now.    

Think it’s down to him being burdened with the huge price tag. Him and Abdi and Matius have done little to justify this to date. Be good if they all come good.

10 hours ago, swfctc1 said:

Hopefully there’s 15 mill of talent there allegedly 

We might have unearthed a little gem here. Always said our scouting network was good. 

Will be interesting to see what happens, it’s no surprise that his dip in form has been under foreign managers who focused more on containing the opposition than creating chances for strikers. Karanka’s boro loved winning games 1-0 when they got promoted and we all know about the lack of service to our strikers in carlos’ second season.

I made a prediction last week that Rhodes will end up at Stoke next season playing under Lambert again. But let’s hope Jos can get the best out of him and he stays with us

Brilliant header from Rhodes yesterday. Trademark sort of goal he used to score by the bagfull. 

He will always be on the end of things in the box if we get the crosses in and I’m hopeful we can turn him round and get him back to his best. Players thrive under different managers and this may be the difference. 

We we may have the striker we all wanted next season!

11 hours ago, dewsburyowl58 said:

So you  believe that the only reason  Jordan Rhodes hasn’t delivered is through lack of game time ? The criticism of his performances have been justified though don’t you think ? 

No Rhodes hasn’t delivered cos of the dross he has been served up!! Before people start...he’s not a striker who makes his own chances, he thrives off service and today proved if you put the ball in the right area he will hit the target.

People just love to moan n slate him. We’ve got a striker who’s scored 1 in 7 games n he’s in form n we all love him, he’s the saviour!! Absolute bullshit, Rhodes is a class act and he will score goals.

1 minute ago, Wednesday_Jack said:

No Rhodes hasn’t delivered cos of the dross he has been served up!! Before people start...he’s not a striker who makes his own chances, he thrives off service and today proved if you put the ball in the right area he will hit the target.

People just love to moan n slate him. We’ve got a striker who’s scored 1 in 7 games n he’s in form n we all love him, he’s the saviour!! Absolute bullshit, Rhodes is a class act and he will score goals.

Well it has been the same for all our strikers . Even though scoring goals is a strikers job It’s not just about that and that is where my judgement lies , in the overall performance . We don’t have any saviours as you put it we have players who have stepped up and improved their game , I hope Jordan Rhodes now does the same and shows us he is indeed a class act . 

5 minutes ago, dewsburyowl58 said:

Well it has been the same for all our strikers . Even though scoring goals is a strikers job It’s not just about that and that is where my judgement lies , in the overall performance . We don’t have any saviours as you put it we have players who have stepped up and improved their game , I hope Jordan Rhodes now does the same and shows us he is indeed a class act . 

A strikers job is to put the ball in the net...simple as that and Rhodes has made a tidy living scoring 1 in 2 throughout his career!! He’s not changed, he can still do it but we just haven’t played to the lads strengths because we haven’t got the quality in the right areas. 

Many top level players have made a living from standing in the 18yard box and scoring goals.

8 minutes ago, Wednesday_Jack said:

You’re totally ignoring all the sitters he’s had when we’ve put the ball into the box and he’s failed to test the keeper/hit the target? What have you seen in the last 16 months to make you think he’ll score regularly?

Happy for him obviously, but a massive overreaction on here. Some said when we signed him he’s great because he needs 1 chance 1 goal, he gets 2 really good chances in a game, and that means he’s not getting the service according to folk on here.

Don’t want to sound like I’m slating him, but a reality check needed for most in this thread, one goal doesn’t mean he’s back, by all means wish him well but saying look what happens when he gets the service etc or bringing up CC and confidence is just stupid. Anyway, he’ll probably be on loan at Sunderland next season.

3 minutes ago, Wednesday_Jack said:

A strikers job is to put the ball in the net...simple as that and Rhodes has made a tidy living scoring 1 in 2 throughout his career!! He’s not changed, he can still do it but we just haven’t played to the lads strengths because we haven’t got the quality in the right areas. 

Many top level players have made a living from standing in the 18yard box and scoring goals.

“He’s not changed”

Have you watched him since he signed for us? Looks terribly unfit and can’t run 

1 minute ago, Carbone said:

You’re totally ignoring all the sitters he’s had when we’ve put the ball into the box and he’s failed to test the keeper/hit the target? What have you seen in the last 16 months to make you think he’ll score regularly?

Happy for him obviously, but a massive overreaction on here. Some said when we signed him he’s great because he needs 1 chance 1 goal, he gets 2 really good chances in a game, and that means he’s not getting the service according to folk on here.

Don’t want to sound like I’m slating him, but a reality check needed for most in this thread, one goal doesn’t mean he’s back, by all means wish him well but saying look what happens when he gets the service etc or bringing up CC and confidence is just stupid. Anyway, he’ll probably be on loan at Sunderland next season.

I’ve defended Rhodes from day one and I will continue to do so. He’s got the best goal scoring record outside the PL...it’s not a fluke. Carlos ruined him and it will take time.

Rhodes as missed some chances yes but I honestly believe it comes from desperation, the odd chance here n there and strikers snatch at things. He’s a goal scorer and he will score if you give him chances.

2 minutes ago, Carbone said:

“He’s not changed”

Have you watched him since he signed for us? Looks terribly unfit and can’t run 

He’s never been no different...have you watched him over his career?? He wants the ball in the box not with his back to goal and 6ft high.  

7 minutes ago, Carbone said:

Tend to agree with you , players appear to be judged game to game on here , good one game bad the next !! 

Just now, Wednesday_Jack said:

I’ve defended Rhodes from day one and I will continue to do so. He’s got the best goal scoring record outside the PL...it’s not a fluke. Carlos ruined him and it will take time.

Rhodes as missed some chances yes but I honestly believe it comes from desperation, the odd chance here n there and strikers snatch at things. He’s a goal scorer and he will score if you give him chances.

Carlos didn’t ruin him. 1 year of hardly kicking a ball ruined him. Talk to anyone who plays/has played football, managers don’t ruin you. Carlos played him time and time again when it was like playing with 10 men when he was on the pitch. And again, every game he had he’d get a chance which was meant to be all he needed. He struggled to get into the right positions in the box for regular chances. His service wasn’t the best absolutely, anyone can see that, but his strength was supposed to be feeding on scraps. Look how many goals Nuhiu has scored recently. Where was everyone saying he just needs the service in the past? It’s all nonsense I’m afraid. 

13 minutes ago, Wednesday_Jack said:

Don’t think we can afford to have any player stood in the 18 yard box waiting for chances put on a plate !!!