Brilliant .... Jordan Rhodes

7 minutes ago, DJMortimer said:

Good stuff.

If he can use this as the confidence boost he needed, we're going to have some excellent options up front for next season.

I'm aware of your opinion on the matter.

It was good to see him score a stylish athletic goal..rather than a tap in.

For his own sake as much as the club's.

WTF!?

Not that I don't think you'd be pleased for him.... it's the manner of the goal I'm interested in.

Edited by Costello 77

1 minute ago, Costello 77 said:

I'm aware of your opinion on the matter.

It was good to see him score a stylish athletic goal..rather than a tap in.

For his own sake as much as the club's.

WTF!?

I agree.

But my opinion of him is based only on how he has played up to this point. There is clearly more to come from him than he has shown so far. And many of my criticisms are actually aimed less at the player himself than they are those who have gone to ridiculous lengths to find excuses for him.

I'll be delighted if Luhukay can get him playing well again. Rhodes deserves some good vibes.

Brilliant?

Totally dependant on how he kicks on, he's had some stick on here, but he hasn't had any on the pitch, which is a measure of how desperate we all are to get him firing.

If its a confidence thing, now until the end of the season is probably the best time to play him, maybe he can go into the close season looking forward to next season

That can only be good for all concerned

35 minutes ago, DJMortimer said:

I agree.

But my opinion of him is based only on how he has played up to this point. There is clearly more to come from him than he has shown so far. And many of my criticisms are actually aimed less at the player himself than they are those who have gone to ridiculous lengths to find excuses for him.

I'll be delighted if Luhukay can get him playing well again. Rhodes deserves some good vibes.

Of course you will be delighted.

Of course.

Jos  seems to get his strikers fired up. Imagine if we have FF,  JR,  Nuhiu, Joao, Hooper and Fletcher firing next season !

We desperately need some strength in midfield, and defence bolstering, but we aren't a million miles away.

The biggest issue we need to sort is bleddy ijuries situation

1 minute ago, wakefieldowl said:

Jos  seems to get his strikers fired up. Imagine if we have FF,  JR,  Nuhiu, Joao, Hooper and Fletcher firing next season !

We desperately need some strength in midfield, and defence bolstering, but we aren't a million miles away.

The biggest issue we need to sort is bleddy ijuries situation

I'm sorry to say I think it's too soon to be assuming we can challenge next season. We did well today and picked up 3 points but we are still a hot and cold side. The previous game we were a shambles and until we get that sorted we will have those sort of games in us.

I know we can play some great football when it comes together but if the opposition set up to press us and get in our faces we can get beaten badly.

The midfield is weak, Without Hutch we lack aggression, we need another of that ilk and if Lee is shot we are going to need a box to box player. We also need to replace Loovens with a big mean unit. We've been looking for one for a long time without finding the right one.

I'm not being negative, I just think we need to strengthen if we are going to be contenders next year.

• Thanks 1

Did he not score against Forest on Boxing Day, and against Villa, those goals obviously made a difference to his performance levels. As for Jos getting him scoring, that is a joke Jos has been manager for 4 months. If anything Jos has realised he’s poo. He only played because there was no other option. 

• Like 1