Brilliant .... Jordan Rhodes

59 minutes ago, dewsburyowl58 said:

Well you accept it hasn’t quite worked out yet , why is that if he is such a class striker ? So how do we play to his strengths exactly ? Anyway you rate him and I am not convinced by him , can’t all agree can we !!! 

I think I’ve clearly explained my opinions. 

No we can’t always agree 

83 championship goals in 159 appearances for Blackburn up until 2016 makes me believe he's a quality striker. I'd love him to be at the club next season. I hope he starts the next three games and shows Wednesday fans his true class. 

Wednesday started the season with seven strikers - certainly two too many, if not three. I hope we trim the squad and build around quality. 

I admire Atdhe Nuhiu, and am grateful for his goals since Jos arrived, but I sense and fear,  that many would like to see him stay ahead of Rhodes next season. That's a mistake and I hope Jos perseveres with Rhodes.  

• Like 2

Guest Arcadianrocket
20 hours ago, A12owl said:

Jordan Rhodes confidence must have been @RocketOwl low for ages. 

So glad he has got a start and scored a decent goal. Hopefully it will continue .

He didn't decide his transfer fee so the criticism about that is unfair . He has had a lot of criticism on here but also plenty of support from true supporters. 

Jos will have a big dilema in choosing his strikers in the future. 

He only got a start due to Joao and Nuhiu injuries though.

1 hour ago, Cockers said:

83 championship goals in 159 appearances for Blackburn up until 2016 makes me believe he's a quality striker. I'd love him to be at the club next season. I hope he starts the next three games and shows Wednesday fans his true class. 

Wednesday started the season with seven strikers - certainly two too many, if not three. I hope we trim the squad and build around quality. 

I admire Atdhe Nuhiu, and am grateful for his goals since Jos arrived, but I sense and fear,  that many would like to see him stay ahead of Rhodes next season. That's a mistake and I hope Jos perseveres with Rhodes.  

I'd go with Nuhiu...Sorry...I would love Rhodes to do well, but if it came to stick or twist...I'd go Adthe

4 minutes ago, Northampton Owl said:

Just shows. If he gets the service he will score

I honestly don't think it proves that...Its like sayin' 

"If it sits up for Reach..he will hit it in from 30yds against Villa"....its simply a one off..

I hope it gives him the confidence, which I believe has been the major problem.

Being the most expensive player at a club, must bring pressure, some revel in that, some are intimidated...

i reckon Jordan is of the latter, 

I hope he clicks, but I'm not hanging my hat on it, nor am I gonna slate him out of hand if it doesn't click

1 hour ago, asteener1867 said:

I'd go with Nuhiu...Sorry...I would love Rhodes to do well, but if it came to stick or twist...I'd go Adthe

Which in itself is a positive and shows how much Atdhe has developed and how Jos has got the best out of him.  

1 hour ago, asteener1867 said:

I honestly don't think it proves that...Its like sayin' 

"If it sits up for Reach..he will hit it in from 30yds against Villa"....its simply a one off..

I hope it gives him the confidence, which I believe has been the major problem.

Being the most expensive player at a club, must bring pressure, some revel in that, some are intimidated...

i reckon Jordan is of the latter, 

I hope he clicks, but I'm not hanging my hat on it, nor am I gonna slate him out of hand if it doesn't click

But Blackburn paid a fortune for him and he didn’t have a problem with the pressure there.

I don’t know. I really really hope he can turn it around for us.

7 minutes ago, A12owl said:

Up until joining us Rhodes had been a proven striker (Middlesborugh an exception) . As much as we are all pleased with the progress under Jos, both Nuhiu and Joao had not been anywhere near him in the goal scoring department. Many on here had ridiculed both of them for their lack of goals.

If Jos can get him back to his former goal scoring then he will be a huge asset next season. We had to wait for Nuhiu and Joao to get going so hopefully Rhodes will carry on getting back to his obvious ability.

To say he is past it is ridiculous. Jos appears to have man management skills that our previous manager lacked.

Lets all look forward to Rhodes banging in a few goals in the next few games.

I hope so mate. Just got a feeling, or possibly just dreaming, that Rhodes will be an absolute Wednesday legend in 12 month's time as we get promoted. 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Cockers said:

Wednesday started the season with seven strikers - certainly two too many, if not three.

NO, NO, NO !!

The bare minimum at this level would be 5. Preferably I'd have 6, although it might be advisable for one of them to be in a position where he would accept not playing often without too much fuss (like a developing younger player). When you consider that two of our current strikers are usually good for a 25-50% absence rate, only having four would be even more ridiculous. Bear in mind that you often name 4 strikers in each matchday 18. Just one injury and you're suddenly lacking in options. Also, there is not the extended loan windows that there used to be for emergency situations.

9 hours ago, A12owl said:

Up until joining us Rhodes had been a proven striker (Middlesborugh an exception) . As much as we are all pleased with the progress under Jos, both Nuhiu and Joao had not been anywhere near him in the goal scoring department. Many on here had ridiculed both of them for their lack of goals.

If Jos can get him back to his former goal scoring then he will be a huge asset next season. We had to wait for Nuhiu and Joao to get going so hopefully Rhodes will carry on getting back to his obvious ability.

To say he is past it is ridiculous. Jos appears to have man management skills that our previous manager lacked.

Lets all look forward to Rhodes banging in a few goals in the next few games.

He still averaged a goal every 194 minutes at Middlesbrough.

The only team he's struggled to score for in many a year is us, unfortunately...

15/16 for Blackburn: a goal every 218 minutes
14/15 for Blackburn: a goal every 167 minutes
13/14 for Blackburn: a goal every 161 minutes
12/13 for Blackburn: a goal every 144 minutes

If Luhukay can get Nuhiu and João scoring at a better rate than we previously dared dream, then there's always a chance he could get Rhodes back to his best.

23 hours ago, Sonny said:

Boom

Now THAT'S the Rhodes I remember from a few seasons ago.

If he can get back to this on a regular basis he's a 20/25 goals a season player. He also contributed well in all other areas on Saturday, not least in his defensive duties.

Please, please show us you can keep it up, Jordan.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, oldtawnyowl said:

Now THAT'S the Rhodes I remember from a few seasons ago.

If he can get back to this on a regular basis he's a 20/25 goals a season player. He also contributed well in all other areas on Saturday, not least in his defensive duties.

Please, please show us you can keep it up, Jordan.

It was an excellent goal if at first glance it looked fairly routine. Tremendous cross from Hunt, great anticipation from Rhodes to get in front of the defender, a strong leap and the ball angled tidily away from the goalkeeper. It's been a while since we've seen this from him. Hopefully, this can be the start of him regaining whatever it was he lost since joining us.

I’m not gonna be all doom and gloom and I’m glad he scored but I honestly don’t think he is the player he was or we will play the way we need to to get the best from him.

Well done for Saturday you played well and took the goal well but is still look to offload if possible at the end of the season.

14 hours ago, DJMortimer said:

It was an excellent goal if at first glance it looked fairly routine. Tremendous cross from Hunt, great anticipation from Rhodes to get in front of the defender, a strong leap and the ball angled tidily away from the goalkeeper. It's been a while since we've seen this from him. Hopefully, this can be the start of him regaining whatever it was he lost since joining us.

Couldn't agree more. Saturday's goal showed his fantastic skills. Those 2 central defenders didn't even know he was there.

It's not his fault he was wrongly bought abd can't sell Jordan due to FFP.

Better to get behind him and play to his strengths. As Saturday, a  winger with pace who can cross would be brilliant for this.