Brilliant .... Jordan Rhodes

1 hour ago, Pale Rider said:

Did he not score against Forest on Boxing Day, and against Villa, those goals obviously made a difference to his performance levels. As for Jos getting him scoring, that is a joke Jos has been manager for 4 months. If anything Jos has realised he’s poo. He only played because there was no other option. 

Proper pig fan 

1 hour ago, wakefieldowl said:

Jos  seems to get his strikers fired up. Imagine if we have FF,  JR,  Nuhiu, Joao, Hooper and Fletcher firing next season !

We desperately need some strength in midfield, and defence bolstering, but we aren't a million miles away.

The biggest issue we need to sort is bleddy ijuries situation

and Hirst...

What I noticed on the sky sports highlights we was playing a very direct style ? Forgive if wrong.

there was plenty of balls into the box sitting up perfectly for Rhodes strength his heading so if we’ve played to his strengths it’s no wonder he’s finally scored utilising the players in the right way therefore well done jos.

Jos said before the international break he’s not had time to implement his methods etc maybe now his methods are coming across Rhodes might be making himself available by training and performing better as a result of style suiting him ??? Or jos has many methods to use in order to use all his different players or both lol 

• Like 1

Hmm would Rhodes have even started if Nuhui and Joao had been fit ?  Jos playing to Rhodes strengths I’m not sure that is the case , JR has had a few chances and not impressed , I haven’t seen today’s game but by all accounts he did a lot better , well Hallelujah to that !! . If all our players hit form we will be a lot better off. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, airborne_rat_of_s6 said:

I would absolutely love it if he comes good.  The lad is approaching what should be his prime years.  Would love it if he could bang a few more away in the remaining matches and comes back firing on all cylinders next season.  Be like signing a new player.

This is what I don't get about our fanbase who are criticising Rhodes. 

The man has consistently done it at this level and now we have a  proven goal scorer at this level in our ranks yet just because the team as a whole are playing crap, we then refuse to play him for a large portion of the time.   

I hope he's now given a chance however i'm sure he won't be, because of our abundance of strikers right now.    

9 minutes ago, HubristicClapper said:

The man has consistently done it at this level and now we have a  proven goal scorer at this level in our ranks yet just because the team as a whole are playing crap, we then refuse to play him for a large portion of the time.   

I hope he's now given a chance however i'm sure he won't be, because of our abundance of strikers right now.    

So you  believe that the only reason  Jordan Rhodes hasn’t delivered is through lack of game time ? The criticism of his performances have been justified though don’t you think ? 

51 minutes ago, HubristicClapper said:

They have criticized him for what he has done in an Owls shirt. 

Folk are aware of what he has done at this level, its probably what makes the criticism right, they want him to reach those heights in a Wednesday shirt. make excuses if you want but so far he hasnt. 

Lets hope he can.