Which Wednesday player (past and present)...

1 minute ago, I'm an Essex Owl said:

would you have wanted to step up for that penalty if we were in Real Madrid's position against Juve tonight?

And who would have been the last player you would have wanted?

Nicky weaver past FF present

• Like 1

Lorimer had the hardest right foot in Football at that time 

Our Tommy possessed the left footed version like a hammer 

Once saw him score from a free kick towards the kop that bent as much as Roberto Carlos free kick but he did it  with the old  ball ....

Tommy Craig was a great penalty taker, 

Probably our most successful? 

Sorry Essex miss read O/p

Least would be the Waddler ....

Sorry mate ....

Edited by OWLERTON GHOST
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, OWLERTON GHOST said:

Lorimer had the hardest right foot in Football at that time 

Our Tommy possessed the left footed version like a hammer 

Once saw him score from a free kick towards the kop that bent as much as Roberto Carlos free kick but he did it  with the old  ball ....

Tommy Craig was a great penalty taker, 

Probably our most successful? 

Sorry Essex miss read O/p

Least would be the Waddler ....

Sorry mate ....

Can't argue with that!  Sadly never got the chance to see Tommy Craig in our colours (was just before my time watching the Owls) but did see him play in stripes a couple of times (black and white ones unfortunately:sad:)

• Like 1

Pressman's at Wolves (see above) is still the best penalty I have ever seen. Right in the top corner and smashed as hard as he could. Just about perfect.

As Andy Gray said in commentary, "you could have had three goalkeepers in there and they wouldn't have stopped that".

Edited by DJMortimer

1 minute ago, scram said:

Pressman first choice - he also scored a stunner against Watford

Waddle last choice

Can't argue against those two pens  (and agree with @DJMortimer that I have never seen a better penalty than the one at Wolves) but would he have been able to take the pressure. Home crowd expectation. Last kick of the game, Their keeper sent off. He has to walk the length of the pitch (its not a shoot out). Would he have been ice cool? Would he have done a Simonsen?

1 minute ago, scram said:

Pressman first choice - he also scored a stunner against Watford

I remember the co-commentator was Kevin Keegan and on the replay (not included in the video below) he said something like, "if the goalkeeper had got his fingertips to that he'd have had to go to Doncaster to get them back".

Was going to say why has nobody mentioned Steve MacLean yet then somebody did right at the end. 100% record including one of the most important penalties in our history (then missed one on his debut for Cardiff!) 

Least - Chris Bart-Williams.  Fluffed a last minute one which would have beaten Wolves in the cup. Then also bottled one in the replay in "that" shootout.