hirst to united

1 minute ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

The board do take into account market value. The interest has to be substantiated (their words). In Ings' cause, the £12m offered was disregarded as a desperate attempt by Spurs to pay over the odds to sign the player, therefore not seen as a substantiated offer. It was not considered by the committee when the transfer fee was discussed. The previous bids of £6m were used as the base instead. We have our base that we rejected 3 (?) bids worth between £1.5- 2m for him, indicating IMO his value which we will receive no less than. 

You are right in terms of quality of player of course. However, potential of the player is taken into question too, despite how hard it is to gauge this correctly. He has scored tons of goals at youth level for club and country, and lets be honest he will get a high recommendation from his English coaches if the committee asks them for their opinions on the matter. Who knows what will happen, however I'd be confident that we'll receive an upfront 7 figure sum. Then there is question of add-ons. Seems that sell on clauses are trypically not used, but we could easily see add-ons for club and international appearances/goals included.

Not sure who we'll send.

Sell ons have been known to be added, but from the cases I’m aware of the upfront cost has been brought down as a result.

Jed Steer is a good conparison. He spent his youth career at Norwich City and turned professional aged 17, therefore cost them only scouting costs to sign as a youth player, with no transfer fee. He made his first team debut for Norwich City in the FA Cup, away to WBA, in what would be his only first team appearance for the Canaries.  He enjoyed successful loan periods at  Cambridge and Yeovil Town, and played for England U16, U17 and U19. He was regarded by Norwich City as one of the best young goalkeepers in the country. He allowed his contract to expire and signed for Premier League club Aston Villa, immediately becoming their no.2 keeper.

The PFCC ordered that Aston Villa pay Norwich City an initial compensation fee of £450,000.

Additionally, if Jed represents England Under 21 and the full senior side, Norwich City will be paid a further £225,000.

Appearances for Aston Villa trigger further payments, which in total could amount to a maximum sum of £500,000.

Aston Villa will also need to pay Norwich 20% of any profit they make from selling the player to another club at any point in the future.

So in this case the future clauses inserted actually were good but the fee was low. Swings and roundabouts.

38 minutes ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

Yes but the 12m was seen as not market value at the time.

He's a young, English player who has scored goals for international teams. It'll be £2m 

Tyrese Campbell seems a good benchmark and he was 1.75m with only 750k up front.

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/man-city-transfer-news-campbell-13294881.amp

Had we swallowed some pride and got him playing and scoring then we could’ve earnt more. I think this is why Katrien Meire has come in as she knows all about this at Charlton with selling various young players.

Hopefully if a 2m bid was real then that will help us.

5 minutes ago, Will69 said:

Sell ons have been known to be added, but from the cases I’m aware of the upfront cost has been brought down as a result.

Jed Steer is a good conparison. He spent his youth career at Norwich City and turned professional aged 17, therefore cost them only scouting costs to sign as a youth player, with no transfer fee. He made his first team debut for Norwich City in the FA Cup, away to WBA, in what would be his only first team appearance for the Canaries.  He enjoyed successful loan periods at  Cambridge and Yeovil Town, and played for England U16, U17 and U19. He was regarded by Norwich City as one of the best young goalkeepers in the country. He allowed his contract to expire and signed for Premier League club Aston Villa, immediately becoming their no.2 keeper.

The PFCC ordered that Aston Villa pay Norwich City an initial compensation fee of £450,000.

Additionally, if Jed represents England Under 21 and the full senior side, Norwich City will be paid a further £225,000.

Appearances for Aston Villa trigger further payments, which in total could amount to a maximum sum of £500,000.

Aston Villa will also need to pay Norwich 20% of any profit they make from selling the player to another club at any point in the future.

So in this case the future clauses inserted actually were good but the fee was low. Swings and roundabouts.

great example - thanks! hoping that the variation between forwards and keepers sticks and we get something similar but bigger!

17 minutes ago, timrud said:

He doesn't want to play for us, that is the top and bottom of it.

Agree mate he knew he wanted to leave ages ago .get a few quid and forget about him.we cant compete with wages with prem teams .

Guest Xxxxxxxxcxcc
1 hour ago, Will69 said:

I am almost certain “sell on clauses” are not always added to his transfer by PFCC. He’s out of contract, Man United offer him terms, he signs, we get compensation that has an upfront fee plus add ons such as compensation if he makes X number of first team appearances for them or earns a full cap for England. I may be wrong but I’ve never come across a tribunal forcing sell on clauses into tribunal agreements by PFCC committee? Of course this may be agreed by the club’s directly and the PFCC intervention may not be needed.

@scram will be able to comment.

The committee take into account how much he cost us to sign, money we spent training him (education and welfare costs etc), first team appearances, international progression. They also consider substantial and proven interest from other clubs but we have to provide evidence of this. The length of time spent here and the terms of what we offered in the rejected contract will also play a part.

So I simply can’t see this £2m figure being banded about but I could be wrong.

Agreed they're not always included but not uncommon as far as I know.

What will be will be. Best for all concerned when done and dusted and everyone moves on.

4 hours ago, zico.b said:

I could actually live with that and hopefully a Megabucks compensation for once.

Edit - let the bidding war commence because if they're in, Citeh will be in the background.

We get about 300k don’t we?

4 hours ago, zico.b said:

I could actually live with that and hopefully a Megabucks compensation for once.

Edit - let the bidding war commence because if they're in, Citeh will be in the background.

And he should see first team action in say 6 years, can't see him dis lodging some of the first team. Good move lad good move.

Maybe all clubs outside of the Premier League should get a contribution to the running of their academies from PL clubs. 

Seems only fair as inevitably, that’s where any top prospects produced by non-Premiership clubs end up. The PL has it all sewn up hasn’t it? No wonder they want a closed shop. Quite a cartel.

Absolutely guaranteed to end up as England’s no.9, and be worth an absolute fortune, in the future. Well done to all for letting it get this far. 

You’d hope that a wealthy businessman with the wherewithall, would be able to retain such a class young player, after considering the long term position and what is best “for the club”. As a club owner / chairman, ometimes your personal position has to become secondary.

Edited by theowlsman

2 hours ago, wilyfox said:

Impossible to foresee how it will turn out. For every Rashford, there's a Will Keane and James Wilson. In Hirst's favour, he doesn't have the injury history of the latter two. 

Perhaps because he hasn't even started a professional game of football yet.

40 minutes ago, theowlsman said:

Maybe all clubs outside of the Premier League should get a contribution to the running of their academies from PL clubs. 

Seems only fair as inevitably, that’s where any top prospects produced by non-Premiership clubs end up. The PL has it all sewn up hasn’t it? No wonder they want a closed shop. Quite a cartel.

Absolutely guaranteed to end up as England’s no.9, and be worth an absolute fortune, in the future. Well done to all for letting it get this far. 

You’d hope that a wealthy businessman with the wherewithall, would be able to retain such a class young player, after considering the long term position and what is best “for the club”. As a club owner / chairman, ometimes your personal position has to become secondary.

Sorry but when a big club comes calling most of the time the club who the player is at is powerless.

We aren't the first club to have had an exciting young prospect snapped up at a young age. It's just harder for us to stomach because we haven't produced anyone decent in years and years.

Nothing wrong with defence mechanisms. I can’t blame you. You don’t want to accept that losing young Hirst, will be seen as a huge c0ckup at a later date.

The only thing in doubt though is how long it will take before I’m proven right.

Neil, how am I doing?

Guest wilyfox
21 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Perhaps because he hasn't even started a professional game of football yet.

Keane did his knee more than once playing for the U23s. 

8 minutes ago, Roland Nilsson said:

He was always going to leave for his own financial future,  he has no loyalty to us.  He put a picture of a pig player megging one of our players on his Twitter account. 

Some of his arselicking fans should go with him because you have the same loyalty to your club as he has.

Don't be an angry Truefan. 

Too many on here. 

Lighten up ffs. 

• Haha 1