Absolute class from Jordan Rhodes

He's 8. 

The plastic coloured sheet was just one of the solutions. After the dyslexia testing the school had to adhere to a set programme to cater for my sons needs. The thing annoyed us most was that my wife always suspected he was dyslexic (as she and her sister are) but his school just 'straight batted' us and fobbed us off. If it wasn't for my missus and her sister who is a teacher herself pursuing the issue my lad would be struggling now. I wouldn't have know he was dyslexic, I'd have never even considered it and just put it down to one of those things. I wonder how many other kids or even adults are dyslexic without knowing?

1 hour ago, Walt said:

He's 8. 

The plastic coloured sheet was just one of the solutions. After the dyslexia testing the school had to adhere to a set programme to cater for my sons needs. The thing annoyed us most was that my wife always suspected he was dyslexic (as she and her sister are) but his school just 'straight batted' us and fobbed us off. If it wasn't for my missus and her sister who is a teacher herself pursuing the issue my lad would be struggling now. I wouldn't have know he was dyslexic, I'd have never even considered it and just put it down to one of those things. I wonder how many other kids or even adults are dyslexic without knowing?

Quite a few, back in the old days it would have just been called “being thick”

5 minutes ago, quinnssweetshop said:

Come On Jordan.....  We'd all stilll be behind you mate... give it a good go the last few games.

I don’t think there is anyone who say any different mate - let’s hope so. (He doesn’t have to be nice on the pitch)

On 03/04/2018 at 13:44, Spencerowl said:

Months ago on a trip to Wednesday (The villa game I think) my lad Jacob came with me and got lots of photos with the players and getting autographs etc. 

When in the car on the way home he realised he lost his programme with the signatures on, the one he was most disappointed about was Jordan Rhodes.

As a homework project (he struggles massively with his writing) combined with a genuine ask we wrote to Jordan asking for a signed photo for Jake to replace it, explaining what had happened and now we couldn’t attend much etc. 

THIS is what he sent back..... 

Thanks Jordan, you have made my 8 year olds bloody year!!!!! Above and beyond - love this club so much sometimes. 

4C962C38-66A3-4E8A-A10E-4FD56B8AF50B.jpeg

No matter what happens on the pitch, how things pan out in the future or where the club or player end up going forward, this type of gesture speaks volumes about the man. 

Heard not not so long ago about something similar he did for another fan on 5 live. 

Full respect as so many wouldn’t bother. 

13 hours ago, owlsup said:

No matter what happens on the pitch, how things pan out in the future or where the club or player end up going forward, this type of gesture speaks volumes about the man. 

Heard not not so long ago about something similar he did for another fan on 5 live. 

Full respect as so many wouldn’t bother. 

Never mind footballers, I honestly don’t know many people more generally that would do these types of things 

Rhodes is a class act. Just wonder if we get him mega fit in the summer, and have another go with him next season. You never know. The lad is proven, and the ability is in there somewhere. 

Re stories like this, did anyone hear the ex soldier call into TalkSport this morning about Ray Wilkins? Amazing stuff. 

7 hours ago, kristmace said:

Absolute gentleman. 

Chatted to Jordan once before a game and he was far more polite and personable than any other footballer I've met. 

This. I’ve met him, and he is an absolute diamond. 

25 minutes ago, vulva said:

Rhodes is a class act. Just wonder if we get him mega fit in the summer, and have another go with him next season. You never know. The lad is proven, and the ability is in there somewhere. 

Re stories like this, did anyone hear the ex soldier call into TalkSport this morning about Ray Wilkins? Amazing stuff. 

No what happened?

On 3 April 2018 at 13:44, Spencerowl said:

Months ago on a trip to Wednesday (The villa game I think) my lad Jacob came with me and got lots of photos with the players and getting autographs etc. 

When in the car on the way home he realised he lost his programme with the signatures on, the one he was most disappointed about was Jordan Rhodes.

As a homework project (he struggles massively with his writing) combined with a genuine ask we wrote to Jordan asking for a signed photo for Jake to replace it, explaining what had happened and now we couldn’t attend much etc. 

THIS is what he sent back..... 

Thanks Jordan, you have made my 8 year olds bloody year!!!!! Above and beyond - love this club so much sometimes. 

4C962C38-66A3-4E8A-A10E-4FD56B8AF50B.jpeg

Top contender for Post of the Year.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, daveomowl said:

I fear you may have missed the point...but then I guess you wouldn't be you otherwise.

On the bright side, you could go round shaking everyone's hand, showing them what a nice guy you are. 

Absolute nonsense post. 

Don't mean to be horrible but I'd rather have 11 kants playing for us, get promoted and then send nice letters to everyone on gold leaf paper. 

Maybe Jordan can be our friendly 10m PR hero who can't actually do anything on the pitch but is a nice boy off it. 

As it is, we've splashed the entire years SWFC commercial income on one player who has proven to be terrible in all departments other than sending nice letters. 

Brilliant 

1 hour ago, DuttyTeabags said:

Don't mean to be horrible but I'd rather have 11 kants playing for us, get promoted and then send nice letters to everyone on gold leaf paper. 

Maybe Jordan can be our friendly 10m PR hero who can't actually do anything on the pitch but is a nice boy off it. 

As it is, we've splashed the entire years SWFC commercial income on one player who has proven to be terrible in all departments other than sending nice letters. 

Brilliant 

Jordan Rhodes' form on the football pitch has got absolutely nothing to do with him taking the time to make a young fan's day in the way that he has.

He's done a decent thing to brighten up an eight-year-old's day. Only the most obtusely negative mind could use this as an opportunity to have a go at him.

Brilliant 

Strange post, rocket started loads of posts questioning him maybe post this there?  this is just a nice thing he’s done. No need mate. 

Brilliant 

Bit of a balance, though. Sadly, I can't see any good alternative than to offloading Rhodes. Sadly, again, while it is possible that he will thrive elsewhere, I am unconvinced. In a year I have seen nothing to suggest he can cut it in the championship.

But there are more important things than onfield success. If we didn't think that, we wouldn't support the club we do.

And there are most certainly more important things than being in the premier league.