Absolute class from Jordan Rhodes

This is so brilliant. What an absolute diamond our Jordan is. Having a bit of a mare on the pitch, confidence clearly (and publicly) taken a massive knock, and quietly goes way above and beyond to make a kid fan happy.

That's just lovely.

I hope he bangs 20 in next season, and I bet he'll get at least 15 with a proper preseason and a newly fit and unified team playing structured football down the flanks under Jos's steadying and grounding influence.

BRING IT ON. And big love for JR, this is just a fantastic gesture. I'm genuinely moved.

15 minutes ago, Mr. Tom said:

This is so brilliant. What an absolute diamond our Jordan is. Having a bit of a mare on the pitch, confidence clearly (and publicly) taken a massive knock, and quietly goes way above and beyond to make a kid fan happy.

That's just lovely.

I hope he bangs 20 in next season, and I bet he'll get at least 15 with a proper preseason and a newly fit and unified team playing structured football down the flanks under Jos's steadying and grounding influence.

BRING IT ON. And big love for JR, this is just a fantastic gesture. I'm genuinely moved.

Agree 100% - moved me as well, when I opened (his mail) the football boots fell out and landed on my foot - bloody agony. That Kerbed the loveliness somewhat, Some say karma for me opening his mail. 

Its ts a great thing, a small thing but a great thing for him.

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, daveomowl said:

*knobbers

That's what Ozzie is paid for. 

JR is paid (handsomely) to score goals...or at least attempt to support the process.

I guess it's not his fault he got signed, but if I couldn't empty bins, I wouldn't be a bin man. 

Go empty bins then. 

41 minutes ago, Spencerowl said:

What do you mean?

All is forgiven, he can have another crack next season.

He will score 28 goals next year.

Edited by Guest

Spencerowl:

Off on a tangent here pal but it may be something to consider. My lad struggled with his reading and writing until we found out that he was dyslexic. School were pretty crap about admitting it or doing anything about it so we paid for the Dyslexia test ourselves. Once it was established that he was dyslexic the school had to put special measures in place to help him. It’s amazing how he’s come on in his reading and writing.

1 hour ago, Walt said:

Spencerowl:

Off on a tangent here pal but it may be something to consider. My lad struggled with his reading and writing until we found out that he was dyslexic. School were pretty crap about admitting it or doing anything about it so we paid for the Dyslexia test ourselves. Once it was established that he was dyslexic the school had to put special measures in place to help him. It’s amazing how he’s come on in his reading and writing.

Yeah we think the same, he’s being tested in may, so hopefully we will have some answers over it. All the signs are there, 9s back to front etc. We will see - thank you pal

12 hours ago, Spencerowl said:

Agree 100% - moved me as well, when I opened (his mail) the football boots fell out and landed on my foot - bloody agony. That Kerbed the loveliness somewhat, Some say karma for me opening his mail. 

Its ts a great thing, a small thing but a great thing for him.

Back in two weeks? :biggrin:

43 minutes ago, Spencerowl said:

Yeah we think the same, he’s being tested in may, so hopefully we will have some answers over it. All the signs are there, 9s back to front etc. We will see - thank you pal

No worries mate and good luck. It was hard watching my lad struggle as he was trying so much. I couldn’t believe one of the things that they gave him made so much difference to his reading. It was just a blue tinted see through plastic sheet that he now puts over the page to be read. Without the plastic sheet he would struggle, with the sheet he reads the page almost perfectly. Apparently it’s something to do with wavelengths and some people need different colour sheets but that’s just one of many possibilities to help.

13 minutes ago, Walt said:

No worries mate and good luck. It was hard watching my lad struggle as he was trying so much. I couldn’t believe one of the things that they gave him made so much difference to his reading. It was just a blue tinted see through plastic sheet that he now puts over the page to be read. Without the plastic sheet he would struggle, with the sheet he reads the page almost perfectly. Apparently it’s something to do with wavelengths and some people need different colour sheets but that’s just one of many possibilities to help.

I’ll have to look into this, never heard of plastic sheets with colours helping, but happy to try anything thank you for that. 

How old Old is your lad?