Absolute class from Jordan Rhodes

Top lad Jordan

Always comes across well in interviews and things like this proves he is a great guy

As others have said hopefully next season he'll come good as you don't lose your goalscoring ability overnight

There’s no doubt that Jordan Rhodes is a top lad! I’m one of those posters you have slated him on his performances and also his relevance to the team but whatever is said about him footballing wise, I think all of us can agree that he is a total genuine bloke.

Brilliant gesture from Jordon , if there's one player I'd love to come good at our club  it's him , fingers crossed he can get another run in the side and prove what a top goalscorer he is .

2 hours ago, Owl At Risk said:

The problem with people as nice as JR is that they make the rest of us twats look like...well, twats.

Seriously though - the lad has character in abundance. It would be fantastic too see him 'do a Nuhiu' and tear it up on the pitch.

Agree with your sentiments 100%.  I've been a critic (not a hater of Nuhiu) and love that he is now making me reconsider my views on his abilities.    Rhodes went of his way to do something similar for my mate's young daughter.  Makes you wonder how many footballers do this sort of thing just because they can and don't court publicity for doing so. Can you imagine how a gang of kids would feel if a sem- famous footballer just stopped his/her car and joined them for a kickabout?  The kids would be talking about it for years,

it says on back of letter

'PS. Can you get these cleaned and have em back to me by friday'

Love JR.  He gets a lot of stick for not achieving in a poor team.  The same kinda stick Nuhiu has had for a lot longer but with a bigger pricetag of expectancy.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, NorfolkNChance said:

Either way its a great gesture. 

Dissapointed that none of the spelling police have spotted the mistake yet though.

Well I did notice straight away that Jordan had misspelled the word "programme", but being a gentleman I was too polite to mention it.

I bet he knows how to spell disappointed tho'.  :rolleyes:

Edited by oldtawnyowl
  • Haha 2

22 minutes ago, acquiescefc said:

it says on back of letter

'PS. Can you get these cleaned and have em back to me by friday'

Love JR.  He gets a lot of stick for not achieving in a poor team.  The same kinda stick Nuhiu has had for a lot longer but with a bigger pricetag of expectancy.

I can confirm they are spotless, with a few scuffs to show they have been worn. Tomorrows post I get he bill from DC for two boots.... :tango: 

21 minutes ago, robowl4life said:

Great gesture. 

In some respects the pressure is off him because of his performances and nobody is expecting him to start banging them in left right and centre. But his reputation and price tag are always going to hang over him somewhat. 

It’s the price more than anything I think, let’s hope he can turn it around soon

Seems Jordan is really nice guy and I’m sure most owls fans would love it to work out for him with us but just not happening at moment. Expensive bench warmer. 

Handwriting does look like a kids wrote it tho lol  

Programmes and Hillsborough haha