Adam Reach says criticism of Jos Luhukay is misplaced

8 minutes ago, torryowl said:

I don't think there's a club in this division who could put out basically a second eleven and expect to do any better than we have .....

It’s not a second 11 though. Many of these players have played loads of games for the first team. 

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

“Yes, our players are important ones, played big parts in the last two seasons, but that’s the whole point of the club recruiting a strong squad in the summer. As players we are not using the injuries as an excuse, we just have to get better.”

I would suggest, on current form, that we DO NOT have a strong squad, just a strong first team who are injured. 

As Jos inherited these players and didn't buy them himself, can't blame him too much imo.

Admittedly could've motivated players more and has made mistakes though.

2 minutes ago, owlmanc said:

It’s not a second 11 though. Many of these players have played loads of games for the first team. 

depends on you point of view ...westwood ,lees,van aken,wallace,lee,bannan,hutch,hooper,fletch, FF  would all if fit make the 1st eleven before most of those turning out at the moment .

Still got a strong enough squad NOT to be at wrong end of table so why don't you have a word with your team mates Reach seeing as your captain..

If we were going g for promotion with the 1st 11 then them players who come and fill in  should too...take a look  hard look at your selves and give ya face a slap for failure...UTO FTB..

33 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Jos Luhukay is working with reserve team players and junior players in the Championship

I honestly can’t see why Wednesday fans are so blinded to that 

I think it’s because we have played these players so often recently that it’s become ‘the norm’ when in reality it’s a side that would easily get relegated if we played these players from the start of the season till the end of it.

Just because these players have had so many games recently out of neccessity doesn't mean it's a team that can compete in this division.

I know we have a depleted squad but come on, it's hardly like a team of youngsters or full on reserves. 

We have a ‘keeper with a good few games under his belt. A fairly experienced defence with Pudil, Hunt, Palmer all having played regularly. Also, Fred has a ton of experience abroad. 

Midfield has Jones and Butters who have hundreds of games between them. Then there is Reach, Wallace and Boyd. 

Many of these players would be considered as part of our strongest 11. We simply aren't playing anywhere near our best. We are not even near competent. 

He’s right tho’ 

(probably... I didn’t bother to read it all) 

jos doesn’t have the team that CC had for 2 years. 

FF BB KL KW GH TL all big names that have been missing. 

So Jos is having to mix & match to try and get things going. 

We’re supporters, so we should support the team... not keep bitching about everyone & everything. 

A lot of ppl wanted CC out, now they want JL out, some sort of grip on reality is really needed

12 minutes ago, i used to be sc_owl said:

I know we have a depleted squad but come on, it's hardly like a team of youngsters or full on reserves. 

We have a ‘keeper with a good few games under his belt. A fairly experienced defence with Pudil, Hunt, Palmer all having played regularly. Also, Fred has a ton of experience abroad. 

Midfield has Jones and Butters who have hundreds of games between them. Then there is Reach, Wallace and Boyd. 

Many of these players would be considered as part of our strongest 11. We simply aren't playing anywhere near our best. We are not even near competent. 

those you mentioned are decent players but I don't see one creative player (maybe Wallace but he's out as well) among them .....we have no one to replace FF,hoops.BB & lee.get 2 of them back with the present bunch and we'd probably get away with it but all out and we are going to struggle to create . 

29 minutes ago, i used to be sc_owl said:

Experience doesn't equal ability or performance.

Pudil and Hunt would be considered as first eleven, who have recently returned from injury, and maybe reach with his recent found performances.

The strongest eleven isn't about minutes played...

1 minute ago, slinger208b said:

Experience doesn't equal ability or performance.

Pudil and Hunt would be considered as first eleven, who have recently returned from injury, and maybe reach with his recent found performances.

The strongest eleven isn't about minutes played...

I agree. Some of these players make up our strongest eleven but as a whole we do not have our best side available. 

All that considered, I still think we are underperforming. The players we have available are capable of doing better. 

1 hour ago, Lawrie’s Left Peg said:

A strong and knowledgeable communicator would have been able to get his key messages across by now. Especially in the dressing room before and after games

Its not about messages though, is it? 

It's about training sessions...

7 minutes ago, slinger208b said:

When the preferred players are injured...

If they are not good enough why are they picking up wages that dwarf other players at other clubs. Butterfield earns 3x more than Bolton’s highest earner 

2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Nope

And to be blunt it’s very obvious that I didn’t 

lol

I’m saying Jos Luhukay is working with reserve team players and junior players in the Championship

I think it’s because we have played these players so often recently that it’s become ‘the norm’ when in reality it’s a side that would easily get relegated if we played these players from the start of the season till the end of it 

“So he can talk all we wants

Won't make a blind bit of difference”

TBF that suggests that a managers input makes no difference to a teams performance.......

Serious question, In a crazy dream world do you think Guardiola could get better performances and results out of the current players we have to choose from (not promotion form, I think that’s beyond even him!!!!) but better, more entertaining performances?

1 minute ago, Lawrie’s Left Peg said:

“So he can talk all we wants

Won't make a blind bit of difference”

TBF that suggests that a managers input makes no difference to a teams performance.......

I"m not sure why you're not grasping this one

lol

It's really easy

Imagine you rounded up a load of us lot off the forums and took a team talk before sending us out to play the SWFC Under 18's

Wouldn't make a blind bit of difference what you said

We'd get drubbed

Because we're not good enough, fit enough to compete

The players Jos has are not good enough for the Championship

That's evident from the league position, the results and the performances.

Owlstalk Shop

5 minutes ago, slinger208b said:

Its not about messages though, is it? 

It's about training sessions...

But what are training sessions? Surely that’s when a manger gets his message across on how he expects his team to set up, deal with certain situations e.g. set pieces, and the tactics he wants them to employ in the next game....

What you've got to take away from that statement by Reach is that it's unfair to blame or criticise Jos Luhukay as much as it's happened already at this point.

Lots of matches, ever changing squad available before each match and A LOT of key players missing. Obviously he should be able to get his ideas across by now, but to actually see the implemented by a scrappy squad is demanding a lot.

My boss supports Leeds and he said he was happy his team is meeting us at this opportune time, to which I sent him our first XI lineup and a footnote, oh btw, out of all these only Lees is not injured, and he's just been back the past 2 matches.

Westwood

Hunt

Lees

Van Aken

Wallace

Bannan

Lee

Reach

Hutchinson

Forestieri

Hooper

2 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

He’s tried to improve a few things, in and around the training ground, which has helped us.

Hahahahahahahahahahaha yeah, having secured 1 win since he's been here it really looks like it has Adam... 

Just now, ramone said:

Hahahahahahahahahahaha yeah, having secured 1 win since he's been here it really looks like it has Adam... 

Jos Luhukay is working with reserve team players and junior players in the Championship

I think it’s because we have played these players so often recently that it’s become ‘the norm’ when in reality it’s a side that would easily get relegated if we played these players from the start of the season till the end of it 

Owlstalk Shop