Adam Reach says criticism of Jos Luhukay is misplaced

Sheffield Wednesday midfielder Adam Reach has said that any critcism of Jos Luhukay isn't fair to the new Owls boss. 

“Jos hasn’t had much time to work on anything on the training ground, since he came in. He’s tried to improve a few things, in and around the training ground, which has helped us.

“He is ultimately going to take flak, and we (players) will take the blame. But I wouldn’t say it’s his fault, he has rarely had the opportunity to bring across his ideas.

“He has been dealt squad with a lot of important players missing. Bt injuries are not an excuse, every Championship club has them at some point.

“Yes, our players are important ones, played big parts in the last two seasons, but that’s the whole point of the club recruiting a strong squad in the summer. As players we are not using the injuries as an excuse, we just have to get better.”

Owlstalk Shop

Just now, Lawrie’s Left Peg said:

A strong and knowledgeable communicator would have been able to get his key messages across by now. Especially in the dressing room before and after games

The players he has to use aren't good enough

So he can talk all we wants

Won't make a blind bit of difference

Owlstalk Shop

2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

The players he has to use aren't good enough

So he can talk all we wants

Won't make a blind bit of difference

So to be clear. You’re suggesting that whatever a manager says or does on the training ground or in the dressing room makes no difference whatsoever?  You’re saying that it’s inpossible for a football club manager to influence or improve the performance of his team. It’s only down to players. Using that logic, Alex Ferguson couldn’t get a better performance out of this Wednesday team and you could’ve won the Champions League as Manchester United manager. Strange that none of the 92 League teams have bought into your ingenious theory and decided to do away with managers all together as whatever they say doesn’t “make a blind bit of difference” 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

18 minutes ago, Lawrie’s Left Peg said:

So to be clear. You’re suggesting that whatever a manager says or does on the training ground or in the dressing room makes no difference whatsoever?  You’re saying that it’s inpossible for a football club manager to influence or improve the performance of his team. It’s only down to players. Using that logic, Alex Ferguson couldn’t get a better performance out of this Wednesday team and you could’ve won the Champions League as Manchester United manager. Strange that none of the 92 League teams have bought into your ingenious theory and decided to do away with managers all together as whatever they say doesn’t “make a blind bit of difference” 

Nope

And to be blunt it’s very obvious that I didn’t 

lol

I’m saying Jos Luhukay is working with reserve team players and junior players in the Championship

I honestly can’t see why Wednesday fans are so blinded to that 

I think it’s because we have played these players so often recently that it’s become ‘the norm’ when in reality it’s a side that would easily get relegated if we played these players from the start of the season till the end of it.

Just because these players have had so many games recently out of neccessity doesn't mean it's a team that can compete in this division.

Owlstalk Shop

18 minutes ago, Lawrie’s Left Peg said:

A strong and knowledgeable communicator would have been able to get his key messages across by now. Especially in the dressing room before and after games

Yep motivating the players before and during games is something he could be doing already, which seems to be lacking 

And I’m not sure what ideas Reach is waiting to hear, maybe beating the first man whenever you cross the ball, and also not kicking it out of play over everyone’s head, are two of the ideas Jos will implement when he has more time 

Also I haven’t spent any time with the players but even I know that Palmer should have been taken off against Ipswich, and that when you start losing in the 87th minute, one idea is to replace one of your 5 defenders with another attacker and hope something falls to them in the box from Nuhiu’s knock downs. 

But still, can’t blame Jos for any of that 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Nope

lol

I’m saying Jos Luhukay is working with reserve team players and junior players in the Championship

I think it’s because we have played these players so often recently that it’s become ‘the norm’ when in reality it’s a side that would easily get relegated if we played these players from the start of the season till the end of it 

I agree.i find the criticism of him on here astounding. If he sends us down then yes he deserves it in the neck,  but he will keep us up I’m convinced and he should be judged by Xmas next year. 

2 wins in 22 brings blanket negativity and short term thinking. Let’s hold our nerve,stick together, get over the line and build for next August

I like the system that jos plays and maybe when he gets some of the better players back it will get results .....my biggest criticism of him is how he uses the subs ..me and my mate who have a vast knowledge of football from playing in the mexboro youth league back in the 60s both agree with who should come on and off and jos never does what we expect ...

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

Just now, i used to be sc_owl said:

Jos has had enough time to make an impact IMO. 

Unfortunately that impact seems to have been negative. 

Worse points per game ratio since he took over. No improvement in the standard of football. No cohesion. 

Sorry, but criticism of Jos is quite justified I think. 

Jos Luhukay is working with reserve team players and junior players in the Championship

I think it’s because we have played these players so often recently that it’s become ‘the norm’ when in reality it’s a side that would easily get relegated if we played these players from the start of the season till the end of it.

Just because these players have had so many games recently out of neccessity doesn't mean it's a team that can compete in this division.

Owlstalk Shop

20 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Nope

lol

Just because these players have had so many games recently out of necessity doesn't mean it's a team that can compete in this division.

thats the key to me , collectively the team is just not good enough , bottom 6 , add some key players and it improves dramatically .... why cant people accept this

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Nope

lol

“Reserve team” players some of whom are on £20k+ a week...

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Who

From saturdays game 

Rhodes

Boyd 

Reach 

Jones

Butterfield 

Add to that the experience of lees, hunt abs pudil... the performance was awful... but please let’s stop the myth that the team Is packed out with youngsters and reserve team players 

07065A1B-6AEC-4AA9-826E-2160895980F6.png

Edited by owlmanc