Adam Reach says criticism of Jos Luhukay is misplaced

Guest Xxxxxxxxcxcc
2 minutes ago, ramone said:

Absolutely bang on the money. I find it staggering how someone can sit there and be a serious as Neil is when he says the players aren't good enough for the Championship. They are more than capable. Its the mindset they're being sent onto the pitch with. 

Resting players at Milwall for us to get spanked at home to Villa was the final straw for me. At that point I realised this manager literally has no clue. 

He took over a wreck from his predecessor. CC's last 7 or so games were good indicators of where we were heading... and he had the likes of Hooper, Bannan, Hutch for some of those games. The writing was on the wall.

People will judge as they see fit. I'll judge Jos on next season. I'm certain that we'll still be in the Championship.

Just now, Xxxxxxxxcxcc said:

He took over a wreck from his predecessor. CC's last 7 or so games were good indicators of where we were heading... and he had the likes of Hooper, Bannan, Hutch for some of those games. The writing was on the wall.

People will judge as they see fit. I'll judge Jos on next season. I'm certain that we'll still be in the Championship.

I'll look forward to Jos finally securing his 2nd win as manager in our opening fixture away at Accrington... 

Guest Xxxxxxxxcxcc
Just now, WalthamOwl said:

Players and Jos both deserve the blame for our poor showings imo. Even with the injuries our form is unacceptable. 

Only time will tell but I'll wager that when Bannan and Hutch start a gradual return of fit and properly prepared players from injury it will coincide with an increase in form.

It's not just the injuries but also the fitness levels and general malaise that he inherited.

Guest Xxxxxxxxcxcc
3 minutes ago, ramone said:

I'll look forward to Jos finally securing his 2nd win as manager in our opening fixture away at Accrington... 

I'd confidently wager that we'll have had loads of Championship wins under Jos before we draw Stanley in the cup.

Guest Xxxxxxxxcxcc
Just now, ramone said:

How many more wins do you reckon we'll get for the rest of the season? 

Enough to stay up; probably in 17th or 18th.

all but the very poor sides have a mix in midfield of creative and workers .....our present lot just have the workers .....reach as the midfield fulcrum says it all , the blokes a left sided winger and yet is expected to be the mid field general who runs the show . butterfeld,boyd;jones pelupessy all capable plodders who can do the donkey work but they aint going to create much .....at the moment our one hope is keep as tight as possible and hope joao can pull out some magic like the derby game  . .....the fact that due to individual errors by different players we struggle to keep it tight makes it very tough to get on the right side of results .........I honestly don't see what else jos can do to rectify results ..

26 minutes ago, Xxxxxxxxcxcc said:

Enough to stay up; probably in 17th or 18th.

Based on what? 

I find it really bizarre how Neil is 'plussing' ALL of your posts where you say we're going to win enough games as he thinks the players aren't good enough!!! 

Classic contradiction of beliefs there. True to form

Edited by ramone

Guest Xxxxxxxxcxcc
2 minutes ago, ramone said:

Based on what? 

I find it really bizarre how Neil is 'plussing' ALL of your posts where you say we're going to win enough games as he thinks the players aren't good enough!!! 

Returning players, improved fitness, more quality time to work with players as the weather improves. He's inherited a hell of a mess. It's subjective though and is just my opinion. We'll see soon enough.

The ongoing bickering and sniping between you and Neil is absolutely no concern of mine.

4 minutes ago, ramone said:

Based on what? 

looking at the Bolton game (who I think will stay up ) we were every bit as good as them so ne reason to think we wont be able to. ..we also have the capability to strengthen the side wit one or two hopefully returning a capability Bolton probably don't have . 

9 minutes ago, ramone said:

Based on what? 

Nice little dig and personal attack there mate and it's sad you choose to make things a personal thing when I've not done so to you one bit and wouldn't do? (it's a difference of opinion that's all - no need to get personal whatsoever)

I'm more than confident we will stay up as we have an international break coming up, more than one player about to return from injury in that time who can help out, and a chance to get a little bit fitter too. 

The players Jos has been putting out in the first team simply aren't strong enough for the Championship starting places that they've been given, but the teams below us are so far behind we're in the lucky position of having a comfort in the extra points we have over those teams who are also poor.

Had we started the season with the team that Jos has been having to put out we would have been in a way worse position of the likes of Sunderland and Bolton, but the fact that these players have been in a blue and white shirt and have a Sheffield Wednesday badge on them means you have lost all perspective and instead you're the one with a false level of expectation that Jos can come in and sweep this side to a magnificent mid-table finishing position.

Owlstalk Shop

49 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

The fact you're just repeatedly posting 'that's rubbish' proves you have no real counter argument to common sense

I cant type the same things over and over again, its boring and very time consuming. 

The one word answer is easy for me and it sums up your post perfectly

2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Nice little dig and personal attack there mate and it's sad you choose to make things a personal thing when I've not done so to you one bit and wouldn't do? (it's a difference of opinion that's all - no need to get personal whatsoever)

I'm more than confident we will stay up as we have an international break coming up, more than one player about to return from injury in that time who can help out, and a chance to get a little bit fitter too. 

The players Jos has been putting out in the first team simply aren't strong enough for the Championship starting places that they've been given, but the teams below us are so far behind we're in the lucky position of having a comfort in the extra points we have over those teams who are also poor.

Had we started the season with the team that Jos has been having to put out we would have been in a way worse position of the likes of Sunderland and Bolton, but the fact that these players have been in a blue and white shirt and have a Sheffield Wednesday badge on them means you have lost all perspective and instead you're the one with a false level of expectation that Jos can come in and sweep this side to a magnificent mid-table finishing position.

It wasn't a dig - it was an observation of whats happened. Simple as that

1 minute ago, ramone said:

It wasn't a dig - it was an observation of whats happened. Simple as that

My observation is that you may have spat the dummy out in this thread having been proven incorrect with your beliefs about the strength of our squad.

Just an observation like...

Owlstalk Shop