Too early to be calling for Chansiri's head.

I think it's too early to be calling for Chansiri's head... he's been here for 3 seasons or so now and he has invested heavily.

The problem is in my opinion are the people who had been advising him have got us into a mess, we were and I'm sure he was also lulled into a false sence of security. We were playing well, flying high and signing players... things were looking good.

Now this season... it's gone sour. Bad advise? Trusting the wrong people? Poor recruitment and making the wrong choice in giving Carlos another season?.. Either way everyone makes mistakes or sometimes things don't pan out as you wanted. You can't tell me you haven't done something that's gone abit boobs up and regretted doing it.. the thing is you learn from your mistakes and from experience. 

So for me it's too early to be calling for Chansiri to leave, he deserves another couple of seasons to try and turn things around in my opinion. Get through this season and rebuild, try again with the experience of how not to do it. 

A start would be to announce the stripes, bring them back.. The rest.. well time will tell.

I think are most are calling for him to get some wiser heads in.

Terry Burton as DOF and Lee Stafford for local executive and fan help, for example.

Or Marwood , as DC loves names and we may even get some great City loans.

Edited by fred mciver

Guest Kameron
1 minute ago, fred mciver said:

Terry Burton as DOF and Lee Stafford for local executive and fan help, for example.

He could give him tips on how to delay payments to HMRC.

7 minutes ago, fred mciver said:

Or Marwood , as DC loves names and we may even get some great City loans.

Well I would agree.. getting some real football heads in will help.

That's why I'm hoping that he's learning from this season and gets in the help that's required. 

I just don't think forcing him out is encouraging him to leave is the right option. 

Does Chansiri really and truly want any help?

Majority of rich blokes are my way or the highway. And after spending £100m you can understand if thinks we if we succeed or fail it will be my decisions.

Get impression he likes to be very hands on and giving up control will be against his nature.

Edited by matthefish2002

5 minutes ago, BRUCE LEE said:

If he goes, we go

We can't operate at this level without his investment

Probably why it feels we get a like it or lump it impression from the club

Yes I can see Sheffield Wednesday and Chansiri turning into a bit of a loveless marriage from now on.

Can't really call for his head he owns the whole shebang he's not a GM you can hire and fire its his business,toy, hobby whatever you consider we are to him . its a case of suck it up and see what happens . he has a lot more to lose than any of us 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, MrTacoSWFC said:

I think it's too early to be calling for Chansiri's head... he's been here for 3 seasons or so now and he has invested heavily.

The problem is in my opinion are the people who had been advising him have got us into a mess, we were and I'm sure he was also lulled into a false sence of security. We were playing well, flying high and signing players... things were looking good.

Now this season... it's gone sour. Bad advise? Trusting the wrong people? Poor recruitment and making the wrong choice in giving Carlos another season?.. Either way everyone makes mistakes or sometimes things don't pan out as you wanted. You can't tell me you haven't done something that's gone abit boobs up and regretted doing it.. the thing is you learn from your mistakes and from experience. 

So for me it's too early to be calling for Chansiri to leave, he deserves another couple of seasons to try and turn things around in my opinion. Get through this season and rebuild, try again with the experience of how not to do it. 

A start would be to announce the stripes, bring them back.. The rest.. well time will tell.

Bizarre post...as if you have any influence over whether the Chairman stays or not.

39 minutes ago, Donny El said:

Can't really call for his head he owns the whole shebang he's not a GM you can hire and fire its his business,toy, hobby whatever you consider we are to him . its a case of suck it up and see what happens . he has a lot more to lose than any of us 

Does he?

We could lose our football club 150 years of history gone 

2 hours ago, MrTacoSWFC said:

If by the start of next season 

We have blue and white strip shirt that have been in the store to buy with all sizes since beginning of July,

The squad has got rid of Abdi, Matias, Fletcher, Jones, Nuihu, Loovens, Wallace

Young players such as Clare, Hirst, Penney etc are tied down to 2-3 year deals and are in the first squad picture.

Corporate boxes are priced at £20,000 + VAT (I could help myself sorry)

The stadium has naming rights

The Team shirts have an external sponsor be it Thia Food Group or John West

The stadium is back up the full capacity due to all the SAG issues being sorted

We have a fully match fit squad of players

We have a manager that is able to play all of his fit players.

If we have all of these by the first game of next season then I will be the first to say DC is learning from his mistakes and things will get better but based on what has happened in the past do you think he will achieve any of them?????

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Watto said:

Does he?

We could lose our football club 150 years of history gone 

Yes he does. Where have you been? Yes we could lose the club. But while we might think it is OUR club, the unfortunate truth is that it is HIS club and has been ever since we gave it to Mandaric. 

Edited by Andrew Robinson

39 minutes ago, Hougoumont said:

Bizarre post...as if you have any influence over whether the Chairman stays or not.

I have no influence what so ever... I never claimed to have got any. I'm just posting in response to fans calling for him to leave, sell up and my opinion on it.

There is no evidence that he does learn or will admit to making mistakes-

the best solution would be sell up and write off the balance of the investment.

If he stays his losses will increase by say 10m per year.

He needs to ask himself how much he is prepared to lose.

2 minutes ago, MrTacoSWFC said:

I have no influence what so ever... I never claimed to have got any. I'm just posting in response to fans calling for him to leave, sell up and my opinion on it.

5,000 lost season ticket holders this Summer will influence ...if we stay up.

We are already down to 3 paying  cash - on - day.

That's why they bother with steering hassle and surveys , etc.

Don't underestimate our collective fan power.