Swarbricks Punishment

4 minutes ago, GY-owl.4 said:

yeah me too. says parody at the top.

he will no doubt know about it and look at it though. too much up his own ass not to!

Maybe a double bluff , makes a twitter account and puts parody on it so he can p@55 people off on a wider scale :stuwinky:

Edited by cross owl
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, TINKERBELL said:

Bellend is not in the filters lol

lol tbf i didnt try it as i didnt think bellend was a worthy word for how much i wanted to insult him.

my lad plays pokemon and one is called a bellsprout, i nearly put that put again, i wanna insult him bad..

hes a cheatinfo0kinw'anckeriwuntweeweeonhimifhewasonfirecosheadikkedd.  

there, i feel better now. 

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, A12owl said:

Is there a reason why he couldn't have acted illegally.

Surprise surprise there are frauds and law breakers everywhere.

They don't have a sticker on their forehead declaring they are a cheat or bent. (They just have a badge on their shirt saying "Referee".)

Why couldn't he be bent. Unless somebody investigates then it will not be known whether he was or wasn't on the take. 

Let the authorities do an investigation and clear it up one way or another. 

But they won’t because the authorities are equally as bent. World Cup allocation being the prime example. A country that is banned at more or less every level for drugs, that glorifies football hooligans ( remember us getting banned from Europe for the same) that “looses” its computers when there is an investigation. I could go on and on, but That ref is a tiny tail in a large balloon.

Edited by Plonk

14 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Not sure but pretty sure ref's aren't just sacked on the spot - hence why he'll have been working today

I think it'll need to be looked at and investigated if they think that he cheated or performed poorly

But as usual nothing will happen, They are a protected species.

They should be made to face the media after a game and explain their decisions. After all a club's season can depend on their choices during a game.

Players and managers can fall foul of things noticed post match why not officials? We rarely hear of anything happening.

Total lack of clarity from the FA every time.

17 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

It's not true though is it

Referee's get penalties, punishments and demotions regularly

The punishment, generally, is they have to referee a game or 2 in a lower league. How is that punishment? They'll still get their match fee but a team lower down the football league gets lumbered with their ineptitude. Its not fair.

The sooner ex pro's start becoming referees the better. The standard of refereeing in this county is a joke. I mean, a proper joke. The only half decent one is Martin Atkinson. Dont mind him at all. The rest are as bad as each other. How Mike Jones and John Moss are still premier league referees is beyond me.

John Moss was heard asking for TV evidence when VAR wasn't in use when Liverpool played Spurs. HOW IS HE STILL REFEREEING AT THE HIGHEST LEVEL!?! It was brushed under the carpet as no big deal... 

9 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

28167775_10215839241993443_3238624706986817124_n.jpg

Anyone currently suffering with 'ref-rage' might not want to see this weekend's stats then

The 2nd worst referring performance I've ever seen. Ref T Kettle sending Kuqi off for diving will never be beaten. For contrast the best was Mike Dean sending Kilgallon off at Hillsborough, the best ref ever.

I genuinely would like to see football referees getting more respect from the players, and having more power to enforce decisions, not the least to set an example to juniors in local leagues. But my view is that they do need to earn this respect and perform much better. The current policy of players and coaches having to be available for interview after a game but the referee and assistants being completely insulated from this is not acceptable. Similarly, being the only ones who cannot be commented on by players or managers without risking a charge of bringing the game into disrepute is not going to achieve any respect.They should take their standards from Rugby Union where the referee talks constantly to the players and explains what he is doing and why. And even a performance like the one in the Scotland v England match does not detract from this.

I would love to have seen Saturday's referee interviewed about the controversial decisions he made and explain why, not the least stopping the game for a love-in with Steve Bruce.

5 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

George Courtney back in the day was horrible

Never as bad in terms of the decisions as Saturdays though

Whenever George was officiating Wednesday fans knew we were about to view some questionable decisions.  He was so consistently bad to us that it couldn't possibly be just due to poor performance.

Just now, Anlaby Owl said:

Whenever George was officiating Wednesday fans knew we were about to view some questionable decisions.  He was so consistently bad to us that it couldn't possibly be just due to poor performance.

One of the only ref's I've seen that genuinely needed police protection coming off the pitch

lol

Owlstalk Shop

Maybe fans should set up their own ratings website based on referees and their performances & stats.   There's absolutely no reason why this couldn't have links & input to from all the clubs various forums.  At least this way there would be some sort of permanent record out there and it might even make refs think twice about performing 'badly' on too frequent a basis.  I recon some of the various media outlets might find this information 'useful'.